Sex for pleasure

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by G. F. Schleebenhorst, Jul 1, 2006.

1. nubianconcubine ...observing... Registered Senior Member

he says that's harsh about the blood. especially after you'd already taken and passed all the tests. and you spelled ordnance right! i'm married to him and i still spell it wrong.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

oh, he says here they may have alot of rules but they don't really follow them. they make it up as they go. i suppose the rules don't always allow for circumstance.

as far as civies. well, it's funny but he always says the same thing verbatum. we "don't understand". makes me wonder what his world is really like.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

No, rules are for appearance as much as anything - you do it by the rules if there's any brass around. If you know what you're doing, and the guys with you know (and you know they know - worthwhile buddies are what count - you got 'em you're set for life, you haven't: you might as well stay at home) then you don't NEED rules because you do things the way they need doing to get the result. That's what works. And that's why I always shoot someone down when they make the claim "soldiers are brainwashed killing machines". They're not. They're professionals.
    I did say...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nubianconcubine ...observing... Registered Senior Member

he likes to think of himself as a weapon of mass destruction.

i keep telling him that if anything were ever to happen to him while he's deployed, i'd seek the services of voodoo priestess, have him brought back and kill him again.

you are too cool for words, oli. but, alas, i must go. my bed beckons.
    have a good night. see you around.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

G'night.

8. Kumar Registered Senior Member

How sex pleasure can be related to "getting the better or fittest" offsprings?

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

A good question. I don't see how either at the moment. I can see how it can lead to offspring, but not better or fittest offspring.

10. perplexity Banned Banned

Are you sexually attracted to hostility, depression, psychosis and paranoia?

The process naturally eliminates personalities with a poor idea of how to please other people, or no desire to.

--- Ron.

11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

It also eliminates the possibility of babies being born addicted to heroin.

Only kidding.

Some people have babies because they're depressed, in the false belief that several years of sleepless nights and increased financial hardship will improve their outlook.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I didn't quite catch the research report where it says that sex is only pleasurable with stable people. In fact I have a friend who always ends up with the freaks. And he says the sex is pleasurable.

Most people have sex with the intention to have pleasure. It's mostly a selfish act. It so happens that it is possible that both parties can derive pleasure from the act of sex.

Many people derive pleasure from sex with member of their own gender. That's not doing them any favours either in the fittest offspring part.

I short, I think you confuse your own preference with that of everybody.

13. perplexity Banned Banned

But that would at least betoken some sort of optimism.

Did you ever actually try to get it on while wailing with grief, even with a willing partner?

Perhaps you have not yet experienced that sort of grief.

In the extreme, negative emotions overwhelm the sexual urge.

I think you need to get around more to know.

With some people it is just not going to happen.

With some people it never happens.

Read for instance some of the postings from people around here, where they pretend to be quite content to live alone, and work it all out from there.

-- Ron.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You fail to make an argument. Again.

The question is whether pleasurable sex leads to fitter offspring.

So what if a few people on this forum prefer to stay alone? I know a few people outside this forum who desire the same thing. And they actually still enjoy the pleasure that comes from sex. Be it masturbation, sex for money, or casual sexual encounters.

Does this anecdotal example support any position that relates to the original question? No. Do you refute that people with 'lesser' genes in general cannot derive pleasure from sex? No.

I think you need to pull your head out of you ass. You cannot know where I have been. Furthermore, you seem to have little sense for the argumentative value of anecdotes and personal opinions regarding a biological question. Which is absolutely approaching zero when coming from you.

15. perplexity Banned Banned

Kumar's question was
    "How sex pleasure can be related to "getting the better or fittest" offsprings?"

which does not necessarily have anything to do with genes.

You may not yet have noticed but to achieve offspring a certain degree of social skill is required, i.e. fitness.
    Therefore, possibly, people fit to breed children may be fit to raise them. The process is competitive. Fitness wins, tested by the pleasure factor. For a large part of it this is what sex is about, self esteem, a sense of achievement, fitness.

This is not rocket science.

Yawn yawn.

Do I need this?

-- Ron.

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

yes, it does.

Read a book.

17. nubianconcubine ...observing... Registered Senior Member

alright. as a woman, and usually the one with last say as far as whether there will be any sexual pleasure

, i must say that i agree with you both. hear me out.
    on a basic level i do tend to gravitate to the "fittest" ones. i feel as ron said that fitter men will provide me with more pleasure. however, thru experience, i have learned that pleasure can be derived from men regardless of shape, size

, etc. as spurious said, it takes all kinds.

18. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Not true, since even the "ugly" ones manage sex for pleasure - ever heard the term "coyote women"? Sex for pleasure tends to be a case of "the more drunk I am, the better-looking she is" (and vice-versa of course).
    The process is competitive in a bid to get the better looking ones (fitter), and the "less fit" still get a chance to pair off with their equivalents. There's no elimination, just a filtering process....

19. perplexity Banned Banned

If you think that everybody manages to get sex for pleasure, no matter how ugly insane or inadequate then you are horribly horribly horribly wrong.

--- Ron.

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Tut. I didn't say "everyone". But with humans there is far more chance of a quick shag (or even marriage) for the "less fit" than with the "bottom of the pile" in the animal world.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately Oli's right, Ron.

Men will shag anything. I've seen some real ugly girls with boyfriends

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

And vice versa, don't forget. Nearly everbody wants somebody, and those "at the bottom of the social pile" settle for what they can get.

23. nubianconcubine ...observing... Registered Senior Member

are we talking about sex as a pastime or a basic instinct?
    if it's just for sport, most of the time the beautiful dominate the game. they're the ones that do just to see if they can. the sex and the game are their pleasure.
    now sex, because you're horny, anyone can participate.
    does anyone but me see the difference?