Sex on Sciforums!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by CounslerCoffee, Nov 7, 2002.

?

Whats your take on the Sex talk going on around here?

1. Coffee you are so right about all this!

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Coffee your completely right about all of this!

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Dave's the mod in Free Thoughts... if he devoted
    his entire day I don't believe he could keep up with it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofy headed punk Registered Senior Member

If I get the jist of the anti-sex forumists then I whole heartedly agree. This is a science related forum not a sex forum. Of course, we might get into a sticky area if we start limiting speech.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Not at all. There is no free speech protection on a privately-hosted forum.
    Quite a few of the posts in the Free Speech forum violate the agreement
    that each of us "signed" when we joined this board.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2002
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

goofy ...

"Dave's the mod in Free Thoughts... if he devoted his entire day I don't believe he could keep up with it."

True. But wouldn't co-moderators or multiple moderators, such as I've seen on other 'high traffic' boards, address that problem?

Take care

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Surely would seem reasonable. I only have "rights" in the WE&P forum, I'm not sure about all the other moderators. Additionally, it might be that the TOS agreement we sign upon joining is just a boilerplate. While I do not hesitate to edit severe profanity, I am quite selective about deleting a post. I think Porfiry would need to clarify what, if anything is considered "over the line".

Dave?

9. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

You guys have lots of good thoughts and comments on this.

I'm still undecided on this idea though. On one hand, it would keep sex-related threads out of the science, free thoughts, and politics forums. It might also make it easier to moderate these kinds of threads.

On the other hand, I think many of you may be right, and a sex forum could get out of hand if it wasn't moderated correctly....

10. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Golly... I wish I could be so decisive!

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

im with bbc

whats wrong with it???

and xev is eternally in his debt for telling us how to deep throat (and hopfully i will be soon to

)

12. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

LOL, it's a gift...

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

will u please look at the date on the fav possition thread

it is ages old

actully its about 3 months old cause it was just after i broke up with my ex

so its not a new thread and it was quite interesting actully

it didnt effect the other sections so who cares

hell we are all here to eat, sleep, fuck and then die

why is sex so taboo?

foods not

if u dont like it dont respond
    dont even read it
    and report it to dave (seeing as he is mod of free thoughts)

but stop complaining cause it didnt go down hill in the last 3 months so why would it now?

actully i quite like the idear of being able to ask bbcboy questions because he is the expert

14. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I'm still undecided on this idea though. On one hand, it would keep sex-related threads out of the science, free thoughts, and politics forums. It might also make it easier to moderate these kinds of threads.

No. Your wrong. It would make it harder. This is a SCIENCE forum. Not a sex forum.

why is sex so taboo?

Sex is not taboo. Sex on scifourms is. This site is about science, not penis size.

it didnt effect the other sections so who cares

It hasnt yet Asguard. The point is that thats not what the free thoughts forum is about, and thats not what sciforums is about. At least the site description that I read said that. This is about science, not your penis size/sexual prefernece. Just give it a month after we create a sex forum, it'll spill over into everything. And you know it will, it happens, thats why I left my stupid ezboard community.

On the other hand, I think many of you may be right, and a sex forum could get out of hand if it wasn't moderated correctly....

Yes very out of hand. We would be attracting the wrong kind of people. What we want is smart people who are into science, not perverts who want to talk about penis size.

If yall think it limits the basic freedoms to post whatever you want to post, then so be it. But I would just like to point out that this is SCIforums, its about science.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2003
  15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

do u concider xev and i smart or "into science"?

what about bbcboy?

cause we seriously DID have a conversation with him about how to deep throat

u do realise u can be both perveted and intelegent and i would like to think i am both

16. sjmarsha Registered Senior Member

Ok ok. I do not want to turn this into a slagging match (but I cannot resist)...

That quote above to me just doesn't make sence.

I associate short hand (u, little i's etc) as being a sign of lazyness, and lack of intellegence. Therefore your statement is massivley flawed in my view.

On the point of the thread....

I do not believe that sex should be a part of sciforums.

I did not join this forum to read about someones sex life or how big their penis is etc..., There are about 50 billion other crappy sites on the web with that topic.

I would like to see all refrences to sex removed from the sight a.s.a.p

I have to go bye..

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what is it with prudes?

i came here for ethics stuff and if i dont want to read something i dont

quite frankly i am sick of bloody way right wing rasests but i chose to just ignore there posts rather than complaine about it

IF U DONT LIKE THE HEAT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!!!

18. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Hmmm ...

What it seems to boil down to are participants who are too lazy to switch to another site when they want to discuss sexual matters.

Gee, what a great reason for having a sex forum.

Anyone heard of having more than one site active?

Take care

PS One of the best compliments I've heard re.Sciforums was "You have to have a degree from Cornell to understand what they're talking about in the science section."

Last edited: Nov 8, 2002
  19. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

For my objections, it is not that I am against sex. As stated in the first post that I made in this thread, sex is part of life. However, my concern is the members we might attract because of the subject matter. I thought I had made that plain.

This month, my computer time has been limited due to real life concerns and activities. It happens.

I fail to see where what size your Johnson is contributes to the body of knowledge that sciforums contains as something of interest. Maybe I am wrong. What about it ladies? Is that something of interest to you? After all, you are born with what you get. A few have already made it known their feelings on the topic in this thread.

I would dare say the thread in question was contributed solely by males. (With one exception that I think is not what is claimed. Doesn't act right to be a woman. There were a few ladies that posted but it was a one post comment after which they didn't continue.) I attribute that to the tone of the thread.

20. Rick Valued Senior Member

Although i think Sciforums would loose its old glow that it has with Sex forums,but it would fetch loads of ads for Dave...isnt it?

hahahahaha...Sci forum with sexual attitude...kewl...

bye!

21. sjmarsha Registered Senior Member

What the hell does that mean?

The problem is that heat spreads. You don't have to be in the kitchen to feel the heat of cooking.

22. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

I think you guys are probably right. At first, I thought a sexual politics forum would work like the Religion, Art& Culture, Philosophy,etc. And keep sex-related threads in one section, so they didn't clutter the other forums.

The idea was to clean up the forums, but I see now that it would only cause more problems than it would solve.

23. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Actually I don't see the need of a sex forum either. Like CounslerCoffee says, some members are making posts while being at school. It would be a real shame for those members if they are caught while looking at Free Thoughts and the site will be closed because of the amount of sex related threads which are in there with provoking titles, as seen in the eyes of the teachers.

The name is not sciforums for nothing. (which may sound odd, brecause I am known to not post quite scientific

), it might appear then, to outsiders, like teachers, parents and the like that sciforums is not entirely what it's supposed to be. To give information about things going on in the world nowadays. Not that there should not be info on sex, but it is not info, what is displayed here. I do not think sciforums is the place for info on sex either.

Lots of sex sites out on the i-net, for people who really want to join in such conversations.

Therefor, I am against a sex forum. It really is not interesting also, the threads which are there, to say at the least. Rather silly subjects, in my humble opinion. Even for a free thought, rather silly, I must say.

It appears to me too, that it are mostly young members, in their teens who start these threads. It says something about their hormones playing up. I suggest to those members to continue this by PM please if you really need to talk about sizes of sexual organs and the like.