sexual harassment

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by birch, Mar 13, 2016.

1. birch Valued Senior Member

I asked landlord to just let me know ahead when he needs to show the room as ive already given notice and he states he wanted to take me out for a drink before i move.

Before this he had an inappropriate interest in a ex-relationship asking personal questions and making unsolicited comments. I had even clearly asked him to stop.

What is infuriating is i have given absolutely zero reason for any of this. On my part just about rent or issues with place.

He has been like an annoying pest, getting under skin and pain for no justifiable reason harassing me when ive been a good tenant. Ive been patient with this fuker and hes married with kids but even if he wasnt i still wouldnt care or be interested. It is just bizarre.

Im seriously so disgusted i want to kill this motherfucker!! Jesus christ i hate human beings so goddamn much sometimes!

He made sure my stay was going to be unpleasant at first because he sympathizes with men who are cheaters as he is one, then when i asked him to stop mentioning my ex, he just turned it around to some weird interest in me. Wtf? Who does that when a person is completely impersonal and business like with you?

Are people this stupid to not know when something is not appropriate or even wanted?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Yes. He is self-serving.

Be careful. If he thinks it's his last chance, you may not be out of the woods yet.
    Consider being in the wind a few days before he expects you to move out.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

It feels like rapist or pervert alert. Its seriously offensive.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Assuming you are in the US, unfortunately, unless he is actually punishing you for rejecting his advances (increasing your rent, damaging your property, cutting off services, etc) then you don't have much recourse as far as the landlord/tenant acts and federal fair housing laws go. A few examples:

For example, in one case:

and

source - http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/8/3/232936/-

Now, it seems you can make the case for housing discrimination or a personal sexual harassment case... however, burden of proof in those would, from what I'm finding, seem to be pretty high...

http://ptla.org/sexual-harassment-your-fair-housing-rights

My best advice would be, if it is that big of an issue, consider talking to legal council and see if you have cause for some sort of restraining order.

8. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Buy some pepper spray.

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Short answer, yes.

Not so long ago I read an astounding argument suggeting a woman doesn't have the right to expect to not be sexually harassed when dealing with society.

And it comes down to a simple contrast: Most of us are onboard with equality, at least in theory, but people tend to hold out when that equality requires they stop misbehaving. Part of the problem is a longstanding presupposition that a woman's existential purpose is to be fucked by a man. In American society, at least, it seems difficult to convince people to give up on this notion; and the times are such that the generally tacit presupposition might well concretize a contemporary iteration. We've heard bits of it in recent years, like Ron Paul, Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock, and other Republicans botching up the issue of rape for the sake of a fraudulent thesis that is never supposed to be spoken aloud in the public square. One challenge of equality is that for many it kills the fun, and among those there are many who will say and do anything to preserve an assertion of propriety about presuming a woman's mere presence means she is available to sexually harass. Just like the humanity and human rights of women wreck the fun of telling women what to do and how to behave.

But, yes, an astounding number of people people do, in fact, seem so stupid.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  10. birch Valued Senior Member

I am in the twilight zone. Heh, i just showed my room to a prospective tenant that was in the other room which was smaller who ive never spoken to before today and the first thing out of his mouth was why i was leaving. I dont know what is going on in society but many people dont seem to know what is appropriate or not.

It's none of anyone's business why im leaving. And since ive never spoken to him before its invasive. And he didnt even ask politely or casually. He asked as if i was supposed to explain all the reasons why of my personal life leading up to this decision to relocate.

I suspect this first started between the ex and the landlord who formed some misogynist boys club mentality as some type of retaliation over nothing legitimate. Then the landlord being a pervert probably considered my being alone as vulnerability which he clearly shows by his attitude, comments etc.

Then he probably told this new tenant some personal info that was none of his business such as 'shes leaving because she broke up with someone etc.' And he
    was always nasty and resentful just simmering underneath. I think his only form of self esteem is through money and its arrogance and believes he is entitled to force himself on others. Thats just how he was from the beginning.

I can only figure that is why he asked me why im moving in the tone he did and why the other new tenant was so unusually pushy also with unwelcome advances due to that landlord telling them my personal business. Because the only other two decent tenants here told me the first thing he asked was 'what does she look like? ' when he got here and he was very surprised by this too as it was out of character or not normal. Then he knocked demandingly on my door when i wouldnt answer to make sure to introduce himself. Then he proceeded to just be aggressive in personal questions and also apparently knowing my habits as if its his business. He actually demandingly stated ' i dont understand why we cant be friends! and 'do you go anywhere?' he didnt ask it casually. He asked as if he doesnt understand why or what i do like im supposed to justify myself and if im free, i owe him my time because in his mind then there is no justification to deny him? Whaat?

The other female tenant moved out a few months ago, then it really escalated.

Then this nasty landlord would make comments such as im putting this or that new item in when i gave notice to leave the STATE, not just the place as if that would be justification to stay? I dont give a fuck what he does with the place.

Crazy.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  11. birch Valued Senior Member

Oh, the other pervy jerk just randomly commanded 'come here' motioning to give me a hug when we were in the kitchen when i was being polite making small talk. I was just floored at his presumptuousness and it made me want to hurl. I could not believe what i was just witnessing.

When i looked at him perplexed and said no emphatically, he abruptly straightened up for a second. Then he said, 'oh, you dont want to be friends or trust men because of your ex' so surely.

No moron, just because i dont want my ex doesnt mean i automatically want you or to be friends with you either. WTF?

What disgusts me about this whole dynamic is these hypocrites exercise and defend their right to arbitrarily or based on their tastes or preferences choose what females to solicit or reject but they ignore that females are people too with the SAME inclination. Like i dont want to be your motherfuckin friend or interested and i dont need to justify or explain myself! Jesus fucking christ! I dont even know the fuker and was never interested to do so in the first place! And especially with his disrespectful values toward women its an indication of worse qualities beyond that. You could tell all these ridiculous ploys he assumed just flew over my head or didnt know. That is a rapist nature to not care whether its mutual. I knew exactly what the fuck he was up to. Like women cant read or evaluate people or potential suiters. Unbelievable.

He first asked me if i watch movies. I said no and i just usually surf the net. He knew that was a rejection but he didnt respect it. Then later he asked if he could take me out to the movies. I said no again and this time added i dont like getting personal with other tenants and im busy getting my ducks in a row ready to move. Then he said 'oh, dont worry im not interested in a relationship, this is just friendship'. Ok, i dont want to give you my time, spend time with you or be your friend. Then i said again im not interested. Then he started with a demanding tone and blurted 'we both live here! (convenient for him, isnt it? and that supposed to make me attracted to someone?) i dont see why we cant be friends! Now it felt like emotional rape to me.

Any decent person who isnt selfish would know not to come on to someone especially in such tenant situations as it makes one feel unsafe and uncomfortable. Like go the fuck out into the world and find someone or look online or whatever. I dont owe you shit just because im single or in your vicinity!

12. birch Valued Senior Member

Also, there was a plumbing fiasco once where i had to text the landlord about it throughout the day where no one could take a shower or use the bathroom and had to go to neighbor next door as it wasnt fixed for hours and my ex told me to not text him as his wife was getting upset relayed to him by landlord. What? Uh, if only she knew i dont want her goddamn slimy ass husband. I dont care what money he has and hes not my type. I dont like the fuker and never have! He may be a catch to her but hes a disgusting pervert to me. I only texted regarding a relevant issue as my ex was at work. My ex said let him be the one to deal with the landlord with any issues and that was the understanding between everyone.

Then bizarrely the landlord was calling my phone for no apparent reason which i never answered right after this agreement. Wtf.

13. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

birch, just flat out lie and manipulate his ass.

Sylvester likes this.
  14. birch Valued Senior Member

Oh, that tenant that was pushy is 17 years my senior. I mention that because he arrogantly told me that his daughter was seeing someone around his age and was reluctant to introduce them. Apparently it didnt work out and he was relieved. He said verbatim, 'goddamn right i wouldnt approve'. I couldnt believe this piece of shit. Not when it comes to his precious daughter but its okay for him to push himself on someone that has not an iota of interest and is significantly younger than him. Fuking hypocrite. Its just disgusting because he just assumed i would be interested. Its like insanity. I just cant wrap my head around that. They could care less if you have anything in common, if you like them or anything. Its repulsive and revolting. I would gut these people like a fish as in vivisection with a knife if i could get away with it. Everytime i see his face, i just want to stick a knife in it while hes smirking at me like hes all that.

15. birch Valued Senior Member

Check this out, he goes to church with one of the other tenants which happens to be decent. That tenant told me he called me a bitch for rejecting him. He uses illegitimate excuses to reason that for his negativity when the real reason was just he didnt get his way.

For instance, he was holding up the stairs loitering as he was yelling down to another tenant as i was coming up. He moves to the side and says go ahead as said 'sorry, i thought you were all downstairs talking' as in meaning i didnt know he was up there as it echoes as i pass by with my shopping bags and the staircase is very narrow.

As i passby he says 'whats with people not saying excuse me' smirking trying to paint me as rude. He seriously believed he was not in the wrong as well as truly believes i am a bitch to tell the other tenant i dont like his ass and not interested after i got fed up with it to make it stop which was the only way as i knew the other tenant would tell him. The fuker is loitering on the stairs and holding it up, not me. He is in the way, not me. And anyone with common sense would extrapolate 'sorry, thought you were all downstairs' as excuse me. I didnt even have to say that. I could have told his ass what i was really thinking is move the fuk out the way and if you want to talk go downstairs but dont hold up the stairwell where other people need to use it. Asshole motherfuckers.

16. birch Valued Senior Member

Omg, i hate these people and city so much. This is the worst living situation i have ever experienced since childhood seriously. The place is decent as its been renovated but the people are either waspy arrogant or just nasty or cold.

Baltimore is the worst city ive ever been in. I can only liken it to a second detroit. I had to buy exercise equipment just so i didnt have to walk outside.

I couldnt even walk a couple miles without potentially being mugged. That was the first experience of a mugging. Two males stopped on the sidewalk in broad daylight with cars passing by no less and one of them said he had a knife and took my phone, then i talked him into giving it back. Then he asked whats in my pockets and what money i had. Luckily i didnt have any on me.

Even when you go out into the county, the atmosphere here is sparse and rough. It also feels like its rather fixed or stuck in the past even with modern amenities. I dont like this place. The other northern state i dislike is new jersey.

This has got to be like a deep southern annex but in the north. I dont like maryland, either the people have something stuck up their ass or waspy or shady manipulative. Very ignorant. Its far from a relaxed place. Their accent sounds stupid to me too. These people are on the rough side or personality.

It took me forever to sell household goods that were even new. I got the shadiest replies ever, extreme lowballing and rude requests for me to go out of my way for them. People not showing up when they make an appointment and not letting me know etc. This is just in general from people here and has nothing to do with race or status. It seems most people here have some type of hustler mentality. I was only able to get rid of stuff by just saying fuck it. I detest these people. They make more here than other places ive been yet they are really stingy. The people are stingy.

They make a big deal about their crabs and 'old bay' like its the end and be all. Their cuisine sucks and their seafood is not better. Its got absolutely nothing on snow crabs which is rarely offered in this city.

Ill be glad to get out of here. And never come back.

17. birch Valued Senior Member

You would not believe the outrageous ludicrous ploys. That landlord asked me once and this is verbatim, "I dont know if you're from sweden or not, but do you know how to give a swedish massage?" i said no. Then he asked 'do you know how to give a massage at all?' making motions with his hands. Again i said no.

Now, since no one can possibly be this stupid even him, since just looking at me, you would not pick sweden as first choice.

I knew he was patronizing me. Its a mixture of mockery, demeaning because he probably senses im not interested which fuels his resentment and undermines his entitlement. The thing about attraction with perverts is not about genuine like, the motivation is to overpower or control or take power away by degrading bolstering their ego.

Later, he texted me about deposit issue and to not worry about it as he knows ive been a good tenant and added ' too bad you dont know how to give a massage' with some smiley face attached.

As if he believes if i knew how, then i might. Not that he repulses me to no end and repeated 'no' is not an indication. Lmfao.

18. birch Valued Senior Member

He also repeatedly asked me before if im going back to peru knowing well im not from peru. His maintenance man that quit was from peru. Just mocking me in any way he could. The other decent tenant told me he referred to me as the tenants 'girlfriend' jeeringly just because we get along to which he had to correct him that im just a tenant, not his girlfriend.

There are a lot of shootings in this city. This nasty fuker deserves to be shot as much as a thug with his pants hanging down as he is no better, plus a pervert and a piece of shit who thinks he is a good citizen for just being productive monetarily.

Thats the thing, from the outside you would assumingly give him respect based on the fact he lives in a nice neighborhood, takes care of his family, drives nice cars and doesnt dress like a thug but he actually is one. They exist in every strata and exercise that nature in ways they can get away with while still considering their position. You dont have to have a gun or knife to be a thug or lowlife. Its the mentality and morals.

This assumption based on appearance, social status and money is what people count on. And they are mostly right. Society values money and power over morals and character. As long as you are feeding the money machine, it doesnt much matter what other nasty shit you do or cause unseen grief to others that may reveal a lowlife as long as you can play the artificial role of a good citizen.

19. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Wow, the guy sure did make an impression on you. He seems to be in possession of your thoughts right now. Best thing to do is forget it and move on with your life.
    The women friends I know will give me a hug and might give me a kiss on the cheek, but that's as far as it goes. There are boundaries that shouldn't be crossed.

20. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Typical. At least you continue to fulfill our expectations of you.

21. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Well, what else should she do? If she lets it get best of her, he has won. She's moving away, so the problem should resolve itself in time.

22. birch Valued Senior Member

Excuse me? Im just relaying the shit of sexual harassment in living color as it happens and how people do it.

23. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

It sounds like it is eating you up from the inside out. When do you move out of your apartment?