Shadow creature filmed by security guard

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Re that in red - what??!! The guard hung his mobile while filming? I think not. To essentially outright claim 'hard science' has determined the incident is nothing more than a draughty building effect, one is obliged to back that up by at least attempting to contact the security guard directly. Who made no remark about wind gusting in his panicky commentary. Strong gusting actually observed at the time would immediately allay the fears of anyone with common sense.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

post event application of assumed logic process which is unable to be determined
    this makes it a process of assumed fact of process

remember the only facts are what is shown in the video
    1 guard is clearly panicking before they arrive at the doorway
    2 door is not slamming with every movement it is billowing back n forth slamming only every 3rd or soo gust
    then slamming twice when closed more
    completely accurate for a wind effect
    3 the object claimed is a shadow and there is no direct filming of the light source
    4 there is probably mirrors around the room and there is pillars in the center which project panning shadows to light sources being projected(did the cellphone have a light on did the guard have a torch in his hand?)

if we apply your logic
    then we can clearly say the guard had a torch/flash light in the other hand and it would have been shining on something making a shadow

post event added rational of facts to assert belief of "reason" when the "reason" s directly being used to define things that defy physics reasoning.

instead of hard science

self defeating argument

wanting to believe versus "proving hard science facts" is 2 completely different things.

a hanging mobile is an art work that is suspended from the cieling
    it spins and swings in the breeze

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you need to be thinking in 3D of the event
    where is the light sources ?
    what is the direction natural shadows will travel ?
    what direction will reflected light sources travel in ?

what type of flash light was the reasonable logic guard carrying ? (your theory)

additionally a door with a mirror on it swinging in the breeze(because the other primary air vent which was the door, was then opened wide then closed....
    would cast such a shadow in the room
    specifically if it was a toilet door
    where the primary vent was open to the piping upstairs and to outside

notice the shadow moved when he closed the door with one hand
    because the air speed was accelerated to move then other door with a mirror on it which would have cast the shadow across the room

which was probably a shadow of a hanging item of clothing

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Not 'my theory'. I never mentioned flashlight as light source. Both the hallway leading down to and the entire basement complex including locker room in question were lit up with typical fixed lighting. NO indication of flashlight use. And NO indication of any 'swinging in the breeze mobile' as you term it. If the guard was using a flashlight at any stage it would be passing strange if he could have held it in such a contorted position as to inadvertently cause the moving shadow effect. But to repeat, no indication of flashlight use is evident. Stop trying to be the 'rational scientist' here. It isn't working. Best bet is to stick with the post editing of vid speculation you gave earlier. Something one could never prove either way short of some hugely unlikely confession from the guard as presumed hoaxer.

8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

where did your presupposition of common sense go ?
    & now your describing all the light fitting types which are not on camera and cant be seen

only if
    what i say is how it is
    then only it will be as i said it should be

critical thinking versus emotional belief system
    your trying to recreate hard science afterwards to prove something before it happened
    to create an unknown rather than create a less likely
    so your direction of logic is toward more chaos
    instead of away from.
    thus illogical

it is not an emotional solution
    ?
    uh huh

and again ...
    only if
    what i say is how it is
    then only it will be as i said it should be
    because confession is all that matters or everything is wrong

illogical !

your attempt to dissolve your emotional irrationality inside a pre defined set of absolute belief values to your assertions is simply making false laws of science
    but you emotionally theme them to validate them inside your reasoning.

"hard science" versus "emotional belief system"
    your emotional conceptualization of hard science being "my rational" is egocentric
    but im not going to un pick that
    you know that yourself.

apply some logic to your own example of the guard being "sensible" and where a "sensible" flashlight would be
    and a "sensible" light on the cell phone.
    that shows 2 known most likely hard science variables which are missing

where are they ? where is the provable value of "sensible" cause & effect of the guards ability to define basic science & be a good observer ?

you have used the example of the guard being in a state of panic as being "sensible"
    why did the guard point the camera at himself and talk to the camera ?

where is good logic when you have defined the only laws of known cause and effect of scientific method & hard facts and evidence ?
    you have thrown it all away in exchange for the guard needing to make a confession
    emotional belief system

i cold get quite picky and ask you to post a picture from google of the light fitings you can see in the video

but we know that's not possible because we cat see any
    but your making up laws of light physics of what they can and cant do but cant be seen or described
    in 2 different locations
    outside the locker room
    and inside the locker room

you want the emotion
    that's ok
    but don't confuse it with science

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  9. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Copious and frequent use of multi-coloured highlighting is a giveaway - of a mentally unstable personality. Tell you what - try and explode that comment by pointing to any passage in the vid where you think a typical flashlight lighting effect is clearly evident. Quote the precise times. Good luck!

10. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

lol
    your logic of the sensible hysterical security guard ...
    hysterical is him being sensible in your opinion...

"rational science"
    hhmmm
    interesting
    less is more right ?
    less so your small mind can handle it and then try and turn it into an emotional debate.
    an emotional debate you wish to control
    to control with your ego ?
    oh dear
    your ego seems to have run away with you when you have failed to be capable of applying rational science
    now you look irrational
    emotionally irrational

now you want to tell me i am being mentally unstable to invalidate your lack of rational science ability
    but the fact you think everyone is going to laugh with you and join in your assertion of me being mentally unstable to invalidate my scientific method...
    we shall see how that plays out

did you raise a white flag and call for phone a bully troll friend at the same time ?
    i read a certain amount of privilege & egocentricity & entitlement in your personality by how your trying to flame me and science in an emotional display of your own egos desire to believe instead of be scientific.

i think im done with replying to you for now in this thread
    you obviously have no scientific thinking ability and wish to apply your own emotional bias as some type of statement of scientific facts

did you find any light fighting's in the video that you can post pictures of yet ?

11. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Rainbow colored text poster responds to call to justify flashlight use with a 'lol'. The rest being discordant fill. Hopefully said rainbow colored text poster will now move on to other hunting/haunting grounds.

12. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

scientific common sense is a learned scientific critical thinking tool
    ideally you need to start teaching this to children as early as possible
    3Dimensiontal thinking requires 3D model familiarity
    a proper science education starts at an early age

https://www.etsy.com/il-en/listing/641925148/celestial-sky-baby-mobile-hanging-crib

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

There are several seconds between the last bang and the shot behind the door. Plenty of time for an accomplice to hide.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It's the obscure physics of basement wind phenomena, second among skeptics only to the Venus flashing and flying about phenomena of astronomy.

What WOULD convince you that it's paranormal activity?

Q-reeus likes this.
  15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

This might sound silly, but if they dropped the dramatic music. Just take a camera through or set one up, and let the viewers be the judge. I feel the music is too “try-hard,” you know? And I’m not sure ghosts can move objects, slam doors, etc.

Some of the videos you’ve posted in the past have been more “convincing.”

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I turned the sound down while watching that video and it was no more or less convincing than before.

17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Exactly.

So what leads you to think there isn't an accomplice behind the door, who then hides as the camera operator goes to enter?

That is a scenario that is perfectly in-line with the facts as-seen in that video.

And you're all about facts. And cameras don't lie.

18. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Haha Yea, I see what you mean but what I’m getting at is there is no valid reason to add the dramatic music except to get the viewer to possibly feel something that isn’t honestly there. That’s just my take. You can turn the volume down but then you can’t hear the natural sounds and reactions which I personally feel would lend to the video’s credibility. Adding dramatic music is like saying “hey, something scary’s about to happen, get ready!” So. it creates this almost contrived/staged feeling.

Magical Realist likes this.
  19. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Someone came to Seattle to film a documentary on the Giant Pacific Octopus to be aired on PBS. The subject matter (GPO) is interesting enough but they had to add music and script to convey danger that just isn't there.

Before jumping off a boat (diver) at night in a location that would have GPO's the diver says something like "If I don't come back..." cue shark week music, etc.

I can't even watch those "documentaries" because 1) I know better but 2) it just ruins an otherwise interesting subject.

wegs likes this.
  20. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

additionally, anyone with a little bit of experience can see the distance he walks into the room and turns the camera to the left as he walks in, PAST the door, then once inside beside one of the middle pillars, turns to the right panning
    with a clear meter between him & the edge of the open door.
    a person dressed in a big-bird costume could have walked around camera to the right and out the door & be dancing in the middle of the room drinking mai tais by then.

BUTT
    i personally believe the slamming and 50% not slamming door(which you can clearly see on camera)
    is a wind effect in the building
    the shadow has been post edited and added to.
    probably by cloning a dark shadow colour copy of one of the hanging jackets/towels which is in the middle hanging on one of the pillars

if the shadow figure can slam the door
    why is the shadow figure failing to slam the door every time ?

it gets way more sneaky
    you know the saying "body language, or "how you say something, is more important than what you say...
    70% of the conversation is body language
    etc
    people copy behaviors
    the lead in of the boyman heavy breathing in a panic breathing mode attunes the audience to sympathies panic breath with him
    you will see my comments on sympathizing audiences etc

additionally it gets more sneaky
    what % of people go to watch the video in hopes of being scared ?

the vast majority of the audience want to be scared by something
    or have that what ever it is, confirm to them what they already know
    be that emotional belief, or non belief, or variant disbelief skepticism.

personally, i believe in some paranormal stuff
    i have seen videos which appear genuine of some freaky shit
    but this video looks like contrived fake-ass bullshit
    butt as soon as you 3rd party the action
    (he would have shared it with someone else who would have edited it then designed it then published it to gather attention online as a click bait product)

it takes on its own victimization values
    which the audience attune to and WANT to believe.
    that's mind games buy-coke level shit
    its just easy to see for those who study such things
    (i could make a video a lot more convincing than this one)

back story says he wanted an out from the site
    the video was it
    he then was intending to sound panicked and get himself hysterical to have an event on camera which is why he filmed himself facial,

because he intended to use the video as the reason to demand being moved to a more exciting site, probably with other people and activity in.
    human nature tends to have baskets of probable cause & process

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  21. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

The scoffers persist with their chosen 'critiques'. Once again, from #14, a line from original Daily Mail story that needs refreshing in some sieve like memories:

"The married father of two exits the haunted room and has since confirmed he was so stressed from the encounter which happened on April 3, that he handed in his notice and found a different security job."

Yeah, that's exactly what you'd expect a hoaxer to do - no sacrifice is too great for the buzz from five minute fame. Not.

22. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Yea, much of ''reality'' tv is contrived and scripted.

Have any of you watched the films from the franchise ''Paranormal Activity?'' No music at all, and it's terrifying. (as far as horror movies go) I think that some of these amateur ghost hunters should take a page out of that franchise's book, and place a camera up, and let whatever is meant to happen...happen. No music, no screaming, no editing.

Q-reeus - that is somewhat compelling, but he may have falsely frightened himself, when in reality, there was no ghost. But, I remember a few years back, staying with a few friends at a house that was supposedly built on a native Indian grave site. Could be 'lore, who knows. But, we kept hearing strange uncommon noises, and a dog outside barked off and on for most of the night. I left the house super early the next day, cutting my trip short. For some reason, I was afraid, convincing myself that if I had stayed another night, something might happen. Sometimes fear alone is enough to make you change your plans.

23. Seattle Valued Senior Member

True. When I was a kid I spent the night at my cousins house and in the middle of the night I woke up and scared myself when I thought I saw another person standing in the room.

The next morning I saw that there was a coat rack there. The prior night I was scared but I was also wrong. It happens.

Some kids are scared every time it's dark. They grow up and they aren't so easy to scare. Fear and reality don't have to be connected. It's a survival mechanism. My cat leaves the room any time there is a noise and then comes back to investigate later.