Those of you who like to take things apart BEWARE!!! The shock from a camera flash is LETHAL, especially the professional ones that use big flash tubes! In Japan it used to be very fun to take disposible cameras apart and shock each other as a "joke" until one day a kid in Sendai-shi Miyagi-ken Japan killed a fellow classmate by accident when he took his fathers Nikon-proflash to use on a fellow student. The corenors report stated that the current from the flash capacitor had enough power to fracture bones in the victim's body and caused immediate defibulation. The shock also probably resulted in brain damage as well. apon further investigation the current and voltage were measured. itital tests showed that the 10uSec burst of voltage from the flash was 1250vdc @ 0.8-1.3KA thats 1300Amps !! Standard disposible cameras can pulse 500v @ 120A There is a lesson to be learned from this !! Even small flashes like ones found in disposible cameras are very very dangerous and can also kill!