Shooting alcohol straight in the blood?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Syzygys, Jul 29, 2008.

1. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

See my response to syz above.

Vanilla extract has some alcohol in it... I can't imagine getting drunk off it though YUCK

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

uke:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

It is amazing how desperate ppl are. It's pretty sad.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't call it desperation. Its a disease, and the people are sick. Very sick. Most of them want help, and want to quit, they just don't know how. Usually by the time they get to treatment, they have tried quitting on their own many times, but just aren't able to.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah I know. My ex had a drinking problem that came and went. He stayed sober only so long, before it took over again. I think after that he just gave up.

It is something that is hard to understand that doesn't have an addiction.
    I have a hard time understanding it, because I never smoked and rarely drink.

I guess it's easy to come down on someone, when you don't go through what they are. It's not something you fully get I guess until you are in their shoes.

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

The alocohol has more of an effect when inhaled, and the residual amount left in the body after use is lower, therefore it's harder to detect, and limits set for consumption via drinking not relevant. That's the problem.

9. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

Isopropyl-alcohol is somewhat more toxic than ethanol (and you get aceton once it is in the liver). But I actually do not think that they put something in as in ethanol (e.g. methyl ethyl keton) to make it more undrinkable.

10. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Hmm, not really. Alcohol (ie. ethanol) doesn’t need to be digested. It can be absorbed from the small intestine as is. The rate of absorption is influenced by the presence of other food stuffs. On an empty stomach the ethanol is immediately absorbed and the full amount enters the blood steam very quickly.

Blood from the digestive tract (and, hence, nutrients absorbed from ingested material) travels via the hepatic portal vein to the liver, the major detoxifying organ of the body. So, ingested alcohol travels through the liver before it reaches the systemic circulation. A percentage of the ingested alcohol is metabolized during this first-pass through the liver.

If an equivalent amount of alcohol is intravenously injected or inhaled, the full amount will go directly into the systemic circulation, thus having a greater effect than the equivalent ingested amount.

The metabolism of ethanol takes place at a fixed rate that cannot be altered by drinking coffee or taking cold showers or any other external activity.

11. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I'm guessing the ping pong balls are filled with NOS (NO2, laughing gas)

12. John99 Banned Banned

It is really the whole procedure attached to the addiction that really makes it an addiction. After 30-40 years an alcoholic may be satisfied shooting alcohol into themselves but it is not likely.

13. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Thats not entirely true. Long term chronic alcoholics don't give a shit about how they get their fix, as long as they get it. Alcohol is one of the worst things to withdrawal from. It can actually kill you.
    The rituals, or procedures attached to addictions are much more common with drug use. Most drug addicts are high before they actually ingest the drug. Some heroin users will shoot baby laxative when they can't score, just to perform tat ritual.

14. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

So if it is cheaper, faster why nobody is doing it?? There must be some reasons....

15. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Most people don't care for needles plus you really look like a druggie.

"hey, honey, I'm going over to Bob's to watch the game and shoot a few loads into my arm"

"Ok dear, call me if your viens explode."

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, this is not for your average beerdrinker, but for alcoholics. Alcohol, specially hard liquor is expensive, so by shooting up one can save lots of money....

17. bob21 Registered Member

my buddy beau jus shot up 30cc of e&j brandy and he is still livin.... let me remind you he is a trained professional with needles... i recomend everyone to try this!!

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

30cc is nothing

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

..it is directly into the vein. That is app. 30 gramm of alcohol. Shot it up and tell us how it went....

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's the same as drinking a tablespoon of liquor.

21. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I don't think so. Directly in the vein the alcohol enters the blood system right away, no digesting. My guess is that you can get drunker faster that way, but again, not enough study is aviable....

22. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Denatured alcohol is just that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denatured_alcohol

It's ethanol, but they add stuff to it to make it undrinkable, so it can be sold as a cleaner. Otherwise you'd have to buy it at the liqueur store.

23. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The best way?

As opposed to a a good meal accompanied by a few bottles of wine in the company of friends, for example?