Should not Humanity be More Important than any god ?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by river, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

Nothing!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Then why state " nothing "?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

I was referring to the discussion in hand. I cannot have been refering to .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spinner981 Registered Member

Why is the ability to change for the worse somehow superior to having a nature that causes a being to remain consistent and perfect in knowledge, power and basically everything that is righteous?

8. river

Your confused .

God is not a being ; is not about perfection ; nor about power . God is in every atom and sub-atomic .

9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Hi River,
    No one can say that was a half baked answer ... Has it been in the oven for the whole nine months?

Is god s quark?

Alex

10. river

The symbolic god is the Abrahamic religions ; god .

This the " god " ; 95% of Humanity is controlled by .

Which has all to do about knowledge and power . And therefore control over Humanity .

So when I say ; SHOULD NOT HUMANITY BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY GOD ; THIS IS THE GOD I'M REFERRING TO. This so called " god " has tried to wipe Humanity .

The thing is , is that 95% of people ; do not delve into the history of their religion . THAT IS A PROBLEM .

Because it miss leads their thinking upon this god .

We must make Humanity more important than any god .

river

11. river

Hi Alex

I know it's been awhile , but I'd forgotten about this thread for awhile because quite frankly ; respones were ; almost zero .

I think this the third or fourth time ; at the time ; being of the year ; that I started this thread .

I hoped to get people thinking ; looks like I have ; thank goodness .

Slowly but surely .

But also people would misunderstand the difference between Abrahamic god and my concept of god ; which are entirely different .

Thanks for responding Alex

river

12. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Should not Humanity be More Important than any god ?
    Discussion in 'Religion' started by river, Oct 18, 2015.

As a collective, we have yet to achieve our own universal benevolence. Also, if the world were to end tomorrow, to whom would most people turn, humanity or a god?

13. river

Universal benevolence ? What does this mean ?

God ; the Abrahamic god .

Shouldn't be suprised by answer since 95% believe in this god .

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  14. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Just making a point that we are far from being god-like. Few people would pray to humanity.

Okay. So many people worship a deity that originated in the desert. Might there be merit?

True. That god does sway a lot of influence with many people around the world.

15. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

The religion can be said to originate in the desert but if you want to claim there is a God..any God..working out where that God came from will have one facing a certain conclusion that I won't spoil for you by outlining any logic.
    Alex

16. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I think the best approach would be to examine why people need a god. There might be more reasons than we can count, but trying to understand the allure would be a good start. Certainly serving humanity is noble and worthy of praise; however, if you were to look at the collective of humanity as a whole, what would be your conclusion?

17. river

We are being controlled by religion and money . Hence power . The power by both to control us .

What we do and why we do it .

Not completely ; but completely is their goal .

18. birch Valued Senior Member

Consistency is not necessarily perfection. The very idea that something has power greater than us is viewed as perfection by some because we cant change it. lol

Something just 'is' not perfection. That includes universal laws, nature etc. I mean realistically its more like this is how it is and what we have to work with. Thats not perfection unless you just happen to interpret it that way.

Jesus, even conceptually i would hardly consider life in this universe perfection nor the universe that houses it. Its just what it is.

And in some respects, people give too much undue credit to what 'is' when we are the ones having to adjust/adapt/change etc. Also, whats interesting is we can conceptually think of ways things could be better but they dont always work thay way. Then the real dichotomy is that we are less capable and not the universe. Thats not necessarily true either.

If the universe is just like a thought and we are living in it, thats an analogy that we are like pawns inside and limited not always by our own lack of effort but by the universe itself and its particularities.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  19. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Some people live according to their convictions, yes. As for money, it can buy influence. For you and me, it's a necessity for survival.

20. river

Understood

But the Universe and our mindset can be changed ; that is my challenge to ALL HUMANITY .

If we don't change then ALL that our ancesters went through to survive ; to continue to exist ; is for not .

I refuse to accept this .

Hence my thread.

river

21. river

We all have to draw the line at some point .

But really it's about the ignorance we have about our ; HUMANITIES ANCIENT PAST . That is the key ; once you grasp the implictions of this ancient past ; ancient past being 6000yrs BC and further back ; once you read about our ancient past and the present archeaology that is taking place all over the world ; new finding ; which I keep up with ; new thinking . Then your whole persepective on Human History becomes ; very intriguing to say the least .

And the role of religion and god becomes clear .

river

22. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Google it...there is plenty on it.
    Alex

23. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Power and control maybe.
    Tell the tribe not to cut trees on the hill above the village so as to prevent mud slides would not get the same result as telling them the god of the mountain will get them.
    And if they cit the trees the mud slide is proof of the anger of the god of the mountain.
    There must be research if not I would be surprised.
    Alex