Should overweight people pay more for seat in a plane?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Avatar, Nov 13, 2007.

?

Should obese people be forced to pay for an extra seat on an airplane?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Donnal Registered Member

i didnt think that really fat people are allowed to get on planes cause of the heart condition and if sumthing went wrong there is no one too pick them up and help them
    if they fell or had a heart attack or anything could happen to them

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

That job is for the airline attendants. They are trained for that kind of a situation.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gameshow Registered Member

Overweight People on Airplanes...

Let me begin by saying I am not a polically correct person. Far from it. I could really give a rat's %@! what people think of me. So if you are one of those whining subhuman victims who gets easily offended by comments made from someone you will never meet in person, then do me a favor and don't read my post! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Furthermore, don't even waste your time trying to cut me down or make stupid whining reactionary comments back to me...because I DON'T CARE! I'm expressing a legit opinion...did you get that!?...an OPINION about fat people who fly on planes.

Tune out now if your fat and can't handle the truth...

First, I was on a flight last nite and was put in row 10, section B. When I arrived to my seat, I knew I was in big trouble...no pun intended. Sitting next to the window was a very large woman...about 215-230lbs. She was short and wide. The seat (what little of it was left) next to her was barely empty because sitting in the aisle seat was her husband...who was approximately 350 lbs.

My first reaction was anger. But I showed no emotion and politely squeezed in between them. They had the armrests up, which was very disrespectful and thoughtless! So I sat...no, I squeezed in and had to lean forward on my seat.

The flight was at night. Once the plane left, about 90% of the lights in the plane went off. But the two fat people, one to my left and one to my right, could care less that I was trying to sleep. They were talking over me, around me, through me like I wasn't even there. And guess what these overweight obese #$&! were talking about? All the buffets they enjoyed while they were in town (Vegas)....and their favorite potato chips...and all the desserts they ate...etc, etc.

I was going f'n crazy. But I sat...no, stewed silently. Now, what made matters worse is I'm a 6'2", 210 physically fit man. So basically, my row consisted of about 800lbs of human flesh in 51 INCHES of seat space. Do the f'n math...that is wrong! WRONG!

After 45 minutes, I couldn't take it anymore. I had a 3.5 hour flight and I was jammed in my seat like a f'n Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Cookie. These two people are 2 M&M's away from "Holy Sh-T!" and I'm supposed to sit there and take it?! I think not. I stood for the remainder of the flight (had to because there were no seats left and they wouldn't allow me to sit on the jump seats) until I was forced to sit back down to land. That's bullsh-t! Airlines need to do their part in making sure EVERYONE is comfortable. I applaud Southwest Airlines! They are one airline who gets it! Unfortunately, I was on Northworst, who was offended that I couldn't fit in my f'n seat!

I was told that they were offended I got up and left. What the f-ck? I'm offended that they are offended. I'm offended that they talked loudly about all the food they shoved down their throats. I'm offended that they had the lights on while I was trying to sleep along with 95% of the passengers. I'm offended they didn't move their fat as--s next to each other and show me a little respect. I'm offended they lifted up the armrests because they could'nt fit in their seat, so they invaded my space. I'm offended at Northwest Airlines for not addressing this problem. I'm offended! But see...none of that matters because of the dumbing down of this country with tolerance and acceptance. F that! We need people of conviction who aren't afraid to express an opinion or idea without some whining liberal victim subhuman group getting all offended.

So listen up fat people who fly! Do us all a favor! If you are going to fly together as a couple, then buy an extra seat because it's flat out disrespectful and torture to the person sitting next to you, or in my case, in the middle of you. Or, maybe...here is a brilliant idea! If you don't want to pay for an extra seat, then maybe get seats NOT IN THE SAME ROW! How about aisle to aisle, or back to back. Or maybe, move your fat a--es next to each other so the guy on the end can at least lean out in the aisle and f'n breathe!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

Or they can replace the buffet with a gym membership......not likely since the rewards aren't as instant as gorging your face with cream puffs.

The thought process regarding being politicly correct in regards to overweight people is bass ackwards.......

we give them handicap spots because they are so heavy they cant walk 20 feet without hitting their MHR and possibly blowing every artery in their body.

there is no reason to be obese.......thyroid diseases and genetic disorders are understandable...............but those are very few....

8. gameshow Registered Member

Why?

Someone tell me why I'm wrong! Why shouldn't I be comfortable on a plane? Why it doesn't matter I had to stand 3/4 of the flight because I could not breath, or even fit in my seat...which I PAID FOR!? Why are fat people so selfishly offended when someone requests to not be seated in between them? Why can't fat people show thinner people the same respect they are commanding? Why is it my problem that you can't control your eating? Why should I be forced to be uncomfortable so as to not "offend" you? Huh?

9. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

There should be a special aeroline for beached whales.