Should people be responsible for their own health?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by francois, Jan 6, 2011.

?

Should people be responsible for their own health?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Other answer (explain in thread)

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Pass that to the left, would you? thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Edmilson Registered Member

Yes,Every person is responsible is for is own health.Everything is in his hands like
    Environment(he can shift to a good environment)
    Eating habits
    Addictions.
    Medications
    Healthy foods.
    Meal timings.
    Orlando Fitness boot camp

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes, everyone should be responsible for their own heart surgery, tonsillectomy, appendectomy, or cancer surgery. Just get an x-acto knife and a mirror and suck it up.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

The Fatness is society manifested . Americans are not real happy people . They suffer from bouts of depression . One way they compensate is rewarding them selves with high fat foods ( Everybody knows it taste better with butter , Don't forget the beer )
    Just think if you were a no body and had nothing to live for but some dead in job that didn't pay shit and the only thing you had to look forward to was paying your taxes and dying . You are working 2 jobs so you never see your family ( The ones who give you moral support ) What do you do to curb your irritation to life? Addictive Behavior comes to my mind . Just like the elephant at the zoo motioning back and forth in the same rhythmic pattern over and over and over again. Hand to mouth hand to mouth . Self gratification were ever you can get it syndrome. Don't try cocaine if this is you! you will like it to much because of the euphoric feelings you get from the drug.

8. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I got my buck knife Spidey, I do surgery a lot cheaper than most too. You got a bullet to be removed I am your man, Call Me will do lunch .

Did I tell you my oldest Daughter lives in Portland . She is a contract scientist for the E.P.A. . Can you believe that . We are practically family my main Man Spidey the Great

9. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

This is an addiction problem Stoniphi. I just saw a report that talked about the person who eats at night . People who get out of bed in the night and binge eat . The conclusion was it is a addictive behavior, or to say compulsive behavior similar to drug addiction . The same person is prone to drug addiction

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd think that anyone is prone to drug addiction because doctors prescribe very addictive drugs and people become addicted because they thought those drugs were going to be helping them. Even illicit drugs are the same way, anyone from any background can became an addict when trying addictive types of drugs.

11. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

I gotta agree that many Americans are very unhappy people. Many many people addicted to lots of weird and harmful things.

I have watched the decline of the average American for most all of my adult life, have been studying it for quite some time.

There has been a serious increase in anti - social behavior stigmatized by shallow self - centeredness and lack of concern for others. The bleached - blond housefrau flipping the bird at you as she cuts you off in traffic at high speeds, only to make a sudden turn into Mickie - D's for a latte-to-go and a ciggie, the guy who waves a pistol at you after nearly ramming you for the third time in 2 city blocks....etc.

There is a profound lack of empathy and consideration for others that comes associated with a general feeling of unconnectedness. The cliche "being lonely in the middle of a crowd" is a byproduct of our single-minded preoccupation with handheld digital devices. I stand in que between people loudly chatting on their cell phones about getting their nails done or what to heat up for dinner while they miss that the line has moved forward 30 feet and there is a tornado blowing by outside.

Buddhists state that we should all "Be here, now". I no longer see that anywhere, sadly.

Makes me appreciate my family and life circumstances. Think I will go out and run my daily 10 miles with my Labrador, see the sights and smell the breeze.