Should We Be Vegetarians?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Joeman, Jul 11, 2002.

1. lotuseatsvipers CloseMindedBob Registered Senior Member

why is COW milk not good for HUMANS. hmmmm....

Anyways, despite the why's (cause to be honost im not sure why this that or the latter is not good for humans), read some studies on dairy. The ones that consume the least always come out ahead.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

I am waiting for coolskill to answer that question.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

me

so sorry about taking 4ever 2 write.
    i hav been so swamped at work.
    i have been living in my office since tuesday.
    i don’t think ill b seeing my apartment till monday
    anyway, i was gonna go out 2 the club 2nyt (im in party central – south beach), but i think i hav sum tym 2 forum.
    the only reason im here is becos i feel its long past overdue.
    i already wrote about excess protein. i was going to write about uric acid, but i think everybody wants 2 hear more about milk. by the way, did anybody read the time mag this week? it posed the exact same subject we r discussing here.

i kno iv made sum strong allegations against milk so i hope this will be a good start as an explanation:

milk turns into a horrible mucus forming sticky glob that hardens and sticks to and clogs your digestive system. most solid milks r even worse. cottage cheese has calcium sulfate (plaster of paris).

cows milk has naturally powerful growth hormones designed to raise a 90lb calf to a 1000lb adult in 2 years. one of the best authorities on dairy products is dr. william ellis.
    he says that few adults can properly metabolize the protein in cows milk.
    cows milk contains casein which is a protein used for a cows metabolism. humans use lactalbumin. infants and adults have a hard time digesting casein. in fact, you rarely see a baby drinking pure cows milk from a bottle anymore. nowadays moms r feeding them formulas. according 2 his studies, about 50% of casein is not digested. they enter the blood stream, and irritate tissues, creating and amplifying susceptibility to allergens. then the liver has 2 remove all of this. that’s when we get problems with the liver and the excretory system.
    calcium:
    after doing blood tests on thousands of people, ellis found that those who drink the most milk have the lowest calcium levels. furthermore, your body rejects about 80% of the calcium it gets. kidney stones r 1 of the problems associated with excess calcium

rich in calcium and friendly 2 the body:
    green veggies
    sesame butters
    nuts
    turnip greens

imagine if the tobacco industry had so much power, that virtually everybody on the planet became smokers, and believed it was healthy. imagine having “got cigarrets” commercials instead of having “got milk” commercials. unfortunately for the tobacco companies, people know better. unfortunately for the people, the dairy industry is that powerful. They r way more powerful than the tobacco industry.

"it is hard to turn on the television without hearing commercials suggesting that milk promotes strong bones. the commercials do not point out that only 30 percent of milk's calcium is absorbed by the body or that osteoporosis is common among milk drinkers. nor do they help you correct the real causes of bone loss."
    —dr. neal barnard

"the dairy folks, ever since the 1920s, have been enormously successful in cultivating an environment within virtually all segments of our society—from research and education to public relations and politics—to have us believing that cow's milk and its products are manna from heaven. … make no mistake about it; the dairy industry has been virtually in total control of any and all public health information that ever rises to the level of public scrutiny." -dr. t. colin campbell, the world's leading epidemiological researcher in the field of diet and health

"the association between the intake of animal protein and fracture rates appears to be as strong as the association between cigarette smoking and lung cancer."
    —dr. t. colin campbell

"milk, it now seems clear, is not the solution to poor bone density. to the contrary, it's part of the problem."
    —dr. charles attwood

ACNE-dr. jerome k. fisher studied over 1000 teens above 10 years old. he found that fat, animal protein, sugar, and hormones in milk irritate the skin, causing break-outs. high volume of hormones naturally in milk turns into androgen when consumed, which stimulates sebum production. sebum clogs pores and creates acne when the pores become infected. dairy products contain large amounts of butterfat and milk sugar which aggravate acne. milk also contains iodine. samples from a test of almost 200 herds averaged over 450 micrograms of iodine per liter. 11% of the samples had more than 1000 micrograms of iodine per liter. "in some who are acne-prone, i'd say 1,000 micrograms or one milligram of iodine a day could be a problem." james e. fulton jr., m.d. head of the acne research institute.

I gotta go! these facts im presenting today r jus the very top of the tip of the iceberg. i jus don’t hav enough time 2 get into all the rest of it. hopefully soon ill hav more time 2 talk about the effects of milk on heart disease, allergies, cancer, mucus, obesity, etc. not to mention proof that there r hundreds of thousands of puss cells in every milliliter of milk.

by the way, we hav a client here who’s brother died yesterday. he was only 34, and she said that he was jus sleeping, and he jus died. They don’t know how, but I think it heart problems related to diet. It usually is. Anyway, we r still waiting 4 the news on the autopsy. this reminded me of college. it was the beginning of the fall semster, and a new freshman that was 1 of the best players on the basketball team was stretching. all of a sudden he dropped dead on the basketball court. of course me and my friends joked about it over the next few days and over the course of the year (jock jokes), but it is kind of scary. Needless 2 say, his cause of death was directly related to his heart. most likely because of his diet.

hope this info was helpful.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2002
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Excellent! Harder to read but still makes sense.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

That was very helpful cool skill, thank you very much.

9. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

cool skill, can I have your baby?

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

me

ur welcome
    oh by the way.
    hav u visited ur alergist or chiropractor l8ly?
    most of them will tell u 2 stay the hell away from meat especially milk.

heres a few more facts:

Uric acid is the waste product of each cell.
    Kind of like shit and pis of an entire anilmal.
    Once the cells release the uric acid (cellular shit)
    It goes into the bloodstream, and is then picked up by the kidneys.
    Ur body eliminates about 8 grains of uric each day.

Meat contains very high levels of uric acid as well as putrefactive bacteria.
    A single piece of meat can contain up to 15 grains of uric acid.

Putrefactive bacteria is the stuff in an animals colon.
    It is kept at bay by osmotic process.
    Once the animal dies, and the osmotic processis gone, the putrefactive bacteria tears through colon walls, and swarms all over the animal.
    This is how meat is tenderized.
    That is why it takes a few days 4 meat 2 tenderize.
    Furthermore, meat can contain more bacteria that fresh manure.
    Especially during slaughtering.

Sources:
    Bacteriologist – A.W. Nelson
    Dr. J.H. Kellogg
    J.M. Hoffman phd

more sources:
    publications by dr. william ellis:
    These r som of his publications:
    *Rumen microbial polynucleotide synthesis and its possible role in ruminant nitrogen utilization.
    *Dietary influences on flow rate and digestive capacity. Proceedings of Symposium on Herbivore Nutrition in the Subtropics and Tropics.
    *1990. Fragmentation and ruminal escape of particles as related to variations in voluntary intake, chewing behavior and extent of digestion of potentially digestible fiber in heifers.
    *1991. Passage and digestion of plant tissue fragments in herbivores. Proc. 3rd International Symposium on Nutrition of Herbivores.
    *1993. Nycterohemeral eating and rumination patterns in heifers fed grass or corn silage: Analysis by finite fourier transform.
    *1994. Methodology for estimating digestion and passage kinetics of forages.
    *1995. Importance of dietary amino acids in the nutrition of grazing ruminants.

even more sources:
    thomas edison
    benjamin franklin
    isaac newton
    leonardo davinci
    socrates, plato, aristotle

MARKETING
    According to my studies, the most effective marketing is making people believe they will die if they don’t use your product.
    The meat and dairy industries have the best marketing strategies on the planet.
    They market products that are harmful to human beings as being very beneficial to human beings.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2002
  11. On Radioactive Waves lost in the continuum Registered Senior Member

yummy!

i dont have time now, nor have i even read the first 4 pages of this thread, but I'll have lots to say about all this after I go take a final......

12. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Amen too that. Some times it seems insane how badly people want you to eat meat. I have been a veggie boy for awhile. my muscle mass and over all heath has improved dramatically. I used to have pretty bad acne..almost none existant now. I have gained weight good muscle weight since I have stopped eating meat, but for some odd reson my father started to call me anorexic. Mind you I was on mushrooms at the time so that was a trip. (My facec started to become hollow). I always remember after a meal of meat my body would not be able to move very well. I would actually feel sick. That is what I believed was a satisfying feeling! Now I just see it as a sick feeling.
    After you stop eating meat doesn`t it smells like dung?