Should we take Ray Comfort Serious? If no, what not?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Jan Ardena, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Well, OK.

I guess.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Are you a woman?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Yes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

What part of Canada are you from?

8. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I'm actually from Ontario.

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I have family in Toronto.
    I live in South Yorkshire, UK.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

They are the same. And there is plenty of evidence for it.
    That's like saying you're not a flat-Earther, you just think the Earth is flat.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Jan Ardena:

Is this thread done, then?

I thought you wanted to discuss grievances concerning Ray Comfort.

Of course, maybe your real aim was just to post some religious propaganda. Job done, then?

As you know, I've walked you through the basics of evolution on a number of previous occasions. I gave you examples and helpful analogies and careful explanations. Other members of sciforums have provided you with numerous examples of one species evolving into another.

You ignore it all.

There's no point trying to teach somebody who doesn't want to be taught.

You don't get to redefine the word to suit yourself.

You do not accept evolution by natural selection, Darwin's theory.

Pretending that you do, while claiming that Darwin's theory is dead, won't fly. You're not fooling anybody. You're just wasting everybody's time.

No. Go and find out for yourself, if you really want to learn. I'm done teaching you until you can show me you are willing to learn from me.

No creature ever turns into another creature. Your mother didn't turn into you. Think about it.

Not everyone. Also, scientific evidence has nothing to do with faith.

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Not until the fat lady sings.
    I don’t have any grievances concerning RC.
    Why do I need to pretend that I do?
    This is a discussion forum. People don’t have to respond. It’s not like we’re just manifestation of nature, with no individuality.
    Yessa Massa Sir
    You’re right.
    Pakicetus didn’t turn into a whale either.
    You should watch the other RC video I posted.

13. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

No it isn’t.
    It is how it was written.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I'm not sure. Maybe it makes you feel better about your avoidance of learning anything about evolution?

Good!

Your mother didn't turn into you. And yet, here you are, not the same as your mother. Pakicetus didn't turn into a whale, and yet here are the whales, different from Pakicetus.

Now, the question you need to ask yourself is: what is your relation to your mother? How is it that you can be different and yet related? What happened to cause that?

Once you've got that under your belt, you might find yourself in a position to consider how modern whales could possibly be related to Pakicetus. I won't hold my breath, because I don't really think you'll give it any serious thought. Most likely, you'll just try to laugh it off, nervously.

Why? Is it just more of RC's preaching?

15. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Oh! But you’re sure I pretend to know.
    Just like you’re sure there evidence for darwinism.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Good.
    No.
    The reality is, my mother was a human being, I am a human being, my off- spring are human beings. Furthermore there’s no reason, or evidence that shows my entire linage hasn’t always been human beings.
    No , it shows that Darwinian evolution is based entirely on faith.

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Sure there is. For instance, if you look at the fossil record, then you will find there were no human beings on Earth prior to about 200,000 years ago. Where did they come from, then?

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And why are there creatures which do not use male sperm, like the Silvery Salamander. It is a "polyploid" .
    It's offspring are all female and clones of the mother.
    https://www.sciencealert.com/resear...olyamorous-salamander-has-three-equal-daddies

By that simple fact Mary could not have been a virgin when she conceived Jesus. If the conception was truly immacualate, Jesus would have been a female and a clone of Mary...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

a as
    What about the human remains found in strata way older than 200,000 years old, that was swept under the carpet because it contradicted the establishments story?

19. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

It’s supernatural baby!

20. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I am into those ideas but we can only go on the evidence..a change is afoot for example I believe with dating the first agriculture.. new evidence has been found that must place agriculture as starting five thousand years earlier than previously thought.
    There was a flood of that I am reasonably sure say 13000 years ago..a better date is available..but the ice core records suggest the sea came up 30 ft overnight (our world would disappear for example ... survive that..think what would go overnight..think then another four hundred feet over I believe the next three years...I am inclined to think this may be the basis for the biblical flood..and as we all know it appears in many cultures ... Add the science and the myths and I think you have a biblical flood ... So you can bet much of our history may lay at 400 feet below sea level...anyways we can only go on exactly what is found...I read so much about human evolution and alternatives I am not sure what the truth is...anymore.
    I am receptive to the Atlantis myth as maybe representing a whole world civilization more advanced than current history permits...I have read propositions where the gods were survivors as it were from the flood who presented as so clever they were recorded as gods..the garden of Eden was their farm as it were.. Adam was a worker there..from the old clay tablets...I always wonder what real events inspired the myth... I think I found a submerged city just NW of Easter Island...on Google Earth..but it is square street looking..I was looking for the quarry where the granite came from..I need to find how deep to perhaps exclude the possibility..if it's around 400 feet it could be worth a closer look.
    The common sophisticated stone work all over is thought to belong to what seems to be a world wide civilization... you can find that stone work all over the world. There would seem but one explaination.
    Alex

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

No there isn’t.
    Pictures don’t cut it.
    Next you’ll be throwing up Haeckel’s drawings saying “ see I told you darwinism is true”.
    It’s time to grow up, and admit it’s nothing more than a belief (perhaps a bit of therapy would do you good too).

23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Alex

“There were giants on the earth in those days; and also after that...”

Thoughts?