Simple, cheap, solution to Europe's problem with N. Africans coming in boats

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Billy T, May 18, 2015.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Do you have a link to that or is it only your opinion?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

My opinion, because it has happened quite often before. We supported the Mujahideen with tons of weapons - and they became Al Qaeda. We supported the Shah - and he was overthrown, and Iran got all our weapons. We supported Saddam Hussein - and we all know how that turned out. (The USSR was almost as prolific.) That's why almost all the weapons out there on the international stage today are either US or Russian military.

In this case, let's take one country that a lot of refugees are coming from - Yemen. In 1980 the US gave Yemen (specifically the Yemen Arab Republic) weapons, military aircraft, tanks, training and ammunition to assist them in their war against the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen, because the PDRY were evil communists. All those weapons are still there, and most of them likely still work.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I guess the only good thing is that when spare parts are needed they can't buy any so that would reduce the number of working weapons over a period of time. Eventually those with American weapons couldn't use them unless someone supplies them with replacementswhich I hope isn't going to happen.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yeah, that's the hope. Unfortunately we seem to regularly decide to "resupply" the enemy of our enemy, and they get all those spare parts they wanted.