Six Places To Nuke If You're Serious

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Killjoy, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

You can't cause a volcanic eruption with a nuclear bomb.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

you know this because you are a geologist, of course.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Be positive in life!

You can't know for sure until you try!

8. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

How about several bombs.

9. orcot Valued Senior Member

What would happen if you fire a nuke on that stockpile? If the stockpile doesn't react in the chainreaction creating somthing of a 1 terrabomb. I would suggest nuking a nuclear power instalation that stores and refines it's own nuclear garbadge their a couple of them in the US. If so take the ones closes from the oil pipelines coming from the gulf or some closer to a mayor port preferably right before a hurricane passes naturally.

That's the most devestating attac I could think of in a minute

it would be like 911 times 911

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  10. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

While we're at that, there's always "Try, try, try again" to remember if you don't happen to get the big KA-BOOM! the first time around.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Massive fallout, but you are not going to get a chain reaction without a very complicated firing mechanism. If you strap TNT to a nuclear warhead and set it off, you are just going to get an explosion slightly bigger than the TNT itself. You will blow the Uranium (or Plutonium) apart without it going super-critical. As soon as the reactant goes critical at all, it blows itself apart before it can go super-critical, which is what makes nukes so difficult to design (that and getting enough reactant together).

It is also why the two bombs dropped on Japan had much different firing mechanisms. They developed them independently because nobody knew if either one would really work. One of them shot a cylindrical plug into a hollow cylinder, both made of nuclear reactant. The other was a hollow sphere with explosive plates around it (the design you see in movies usually). This design was trickier than you might think. It requires the shockwaves from the initial charge to "echo" several times in a precise pattern, and overlap just perfectly as they meet the core. If they don't, one side of the sphere will go critical before the other side, as the hollow sphere collapses unevenly. This will blow the whole thing apart with a bang, but not the BIG ones we associate with nukes.

Anyway, the massive fallout from such an attack would probably be more damaging in the long-run than a super-explosion.

12. orcot Valued Senior Member

If you see the long run as 15 hours or something in stead of the 3 mushroom minutes. Your forgetting that the stuff is already radio active the point would be to burn the crap to get it in the atmosphere so strong winds would take it up north (the reactor shouldn't be even online at the moment). The hurricane would yust be a means so nobody could start putting the fire out till hours/days afther causing serious radiation poisening to a massive population and destroying many crops while depriving the nearest hospitals of power. Having some insight in power systems the EM puls traveling through the 100ths of nearby power cables would fry all the electronics so back up generators wouldn't work either.

13. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

14. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

15. orcot Valued Senior Member

So you don't like posh and south americans?

16. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

i dislike Maricóns... period.

17. orcot Valued Senior Member

Maricons oh you mean faggots I asume you either used the spanish version because your a mexican or you realy dislike homosexuals but your fondness of gravy porkmeatballs and ancient firemaking tools made u choose a other term?

18. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

that is an authentic ghost rider bomb I designed over Corpus christi. BTW, Im Indian. It is an easy mistake for any foreigner

19. orcot Valued Senior Member

aaaaH LATIN youth trauma
    I've got no clue what you mean

20. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Maye that reasoning was behind amassing 60,000 Ed Teller Specials at the height of the Cold War...

ahhh, those were the days.
    I tell ya, you ain't lived unless you been in an atomic air-raid drill...

21. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

...and you missed San Francisco?

22. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

i got those bastards. i told you its a limited list. but here on the list is,

Krshna Bole Ram temple in viginia; For my faithful followers;

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  23. Roman Banned Banned

LA & NYC. Two cultural shit holes.