Skeptic finds 4 year Bigfoot project "intriguing"

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Magical Realist, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

You're pathetic for being a straight up liar. You are so intellectually dishonest you should not be on this forum.

Thanks for discrediting Daecon for me. $2000 ≠ $100 as he claimed.

Yup, thus far. The testing is still being done. We can hardly make assumptions after the first round. The finding of the new species of bear is already great science being done.

Was that in Washington State? The other one is not to do with Ketchum.

That's why they are two separate arguments.

They don't even believe we have the money. And yes, we don't hear from them even if we say we have the money.

Who said I believe it? But there are thousands of eyewitness accounts of apemen, and only one idiot and a liar on a forum claiming there are $100 DNA tests for a new species.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

That's what's happening, you know. Bigfoot runs most of the DNA testing labs. And would he want to prove that he existed? Of course not; the idea is ridiculous. So he rejects the money, or (more commonly) just claims it's bear or opossum DNA. And all the sheeple believe him!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Swabtest and DNAfamilycheck both offer testing for $79.

How do I know? I searched on Google.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

You clearly did not read her study.

And you have not provided anything of value to the discussion. I'm sorry if you still feel that human women had sex with giant apes in America and gave birth to bigfoot, because that is what the Ketchum study you relied on claims, but there is absolutely no evidence that this is true.
    It was actually in response to your whining about how expensive it was.

Hmm?

Sykes finished testing all the samples he was sent.

What assumptions? We know he was not sent any samples of bigfoot.

The people conducting the other test - camping in the woods in hunting huts - are all closely associated with Ketchum and her study.

Do try to keep up, Garbonzon.

Who is "we"?

You were including yourself as the "we" above. How many bigfoot samples did you send in and was rejected because they did not believe you had any money?

And there are thousands more eyewitness accounts that the big hairy things in the woods are bears.

You were the one claiming it was expensive to conduct such tests. Unless you think $100 is very expensive?

I provided you with a link of such tests being conducted for free.

In which case, if your argument was to be applied to you, you are the liar and the idiot, because you were wrong on all counts.

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I don't think unwarranted personal attacks and name calling are helping make your case.

9. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Let me reword/amplify that for you: "expensive" and "won't test it" are mutually exclusive. At most only one can be true because if they truly "won't test it", then there is no price, expensive or not. If it is just "expensive", then there is a price and they will test it for that price.

The reality is probably more toward the "expensive" end because there aren't any prejudices that can't be worked-around with a sufficient amount of money (if a lab blew you off and you had enough money, you could simply buy the lab). So the real problem is you/your side is just not willing to pony-up the required amount. That's on you and it isn't an acceptable excuse.
    So send them a deposit. It simply isn't believable that you could be ignored because you don't even have to tell them the purpose of the test (in fact, it is better, scientifically, if you don't). Again: a sufficient amount of money can solve such a problem.

And I said "easy enough to prove". If you've actually contacted labs, you can easily prove it by providing copies of the correspondence/recordings of the encounters. Because I can guarantee you that there is no office of any type in the world where you can't generate a response by walking-in with a suitcase packed tight with $100 bills and a Go-Pro camera strapped to your head.

The things you are saying about this just don't make any sense, but imply an extremely poor set of communications skills. So here's a quick lesson on how to approach a DNA testing lab via phone call:

Wrong approach:
    Operator: Hi, XYZ Testing, may I help you?
    You: BOOGABOOGABOOGAIFOUNDBIGFOOT'SSKULLTESTMYSAMPLEDAMNYOU!!!!
    Operator: [click]

Correct approach:
    Operator: Hi, XYZ Testing, may I help you?
    You: Hi, my name is Bob. My son found an animal skull outside in the woods and for a high school science project, we'd like to get its DNA sampled and identified, similar to how DNA testing is done for evolution research. I understand your lab does such work. Could you tell me how much it costs and how to accomplish this?
    Operator: Sure, that's exactly the type of testing we do for museums all the time. Joe over in our "new accounts" department can get you set up.
    Joe: Please give me your email address and I'll send you over the form with the instructions and contract. We'll need a 10gram or larger bone sample and the cost is $1000 per sample. The output is a CD with the DNA sequence on it and a report listing the % commonality with various specicies/varieties.
    You: Thanks! My email address is...

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You're equating the cost of a paternity test with that of sequencing the entire genome of an unknown species based on hair samples. Not the same at all.

11. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

https://www.genome.gov/sequencingcosts/

Here's 15 labs that will sequence a whole genome for $800-$4200:
    https://www.scienceexchange.com/services/whole-genome-seq

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Kristoffer likes this.
  12. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Moore's Law?

13. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

No duh. But thanks anyway for also provided a source that discredited lying-Daecon here.

Hmm?

I'm sorry, but I thought your argument is that testing isn't expensive because this guy will test them for free? For that to be true he would still have to be accepting samples. This was only the first testing round.

Assumptions that this somehow disproves Bigfoot. From your link:

You shouldn't be parading around saying, "I told you so!" just yet.

What other test? Are you sure that's the same test I'm talking about?

What? I'm not trying to say bears don't exist.

There's no proof tests can be done for $100. YOUR OWN LINK proves that it costs at least $2000.

Thanks for that, it's great. But that doesn't prove the tests themselves cost nothing. He says it costs him $2000 out of pocket.

So someone asks me how much Project Cars (a video game) costs, I say $49.99. They say, "No, it's free." I say, that can't be true, why would a game be free. And they say some guy down the street is giving away the game for free and that proves that the game is free and that I'm full of shit.

Just because someone is paying for it doesn't mean the testing is free. My argument that it is too expensive is now negated, but that doesn't mean I lied when I said it doesn't cost $100....

Kittamaru went on a personal tirade against MR in another thread that got locked and when MR accused him of personal attacks, Kittamaru said, "Per the rules, nothing I have said about you constitutes flaming - they are simple observations, based on YOUR behavior." So I'll go with that. If it's good enough for a staff member, it's good enough for me.

Those websites are both for human testing.

It's hilarious that you think you know better than a geneticist that actually works in the field. You obviously don't know much, you are intellectually dishonest, and arrogant, you think you know it all when you know nothing. Am I free to call you a liar now?

Some labs won't test it at all, and others cost a lot. What's so hard for you to understand? Money doesn't grow on trees.

Not having the money is a good excuse. It doesn't disprove anything. Thanks to the free testing being done though, this argument is negated.

14. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

What, exactly, did I lie about, troll?

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh, so you are claiming BELLS is lying?

Then you will, of course, back this libelous claim up.

16. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

You said testing for Bigfoot only costs $100. You are the troll. You can't back up your fallacious claim.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Duh..That's what I said in my post. Do you even know how to read?

Original post:

"She's lying ofcourse. All Bell's claims that the 112 samples were contaminated, or really oppossum dna, or really just human dna, were proven to be lies put out by the skeptical bloggers and a Houston chronicle reporter who needs to drum up business for his paper. It also operates on an ignorance of the difference between mitochondrial dna and nuclear dna. You have only to read posts 275, 278, and 279 to see the final conclusion on this matter."

You will ofcourse read posts 275, 278, and 279 like I already said to to confirm the lies she has propagated. Or do I need to report you to James again for still trying to find an excuse to ban me?

18. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Origin said that DNA tests cost about $100. You threw a tantrum demanding that he prove it, I reminded you that Google exists. You threw another tantrum.

19. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Ah, good, so you admit that you were lying when you said "scientists won't test it", because as you now acknowledge, some scientists will test it, but you just aren't willing to spend the money required. Tough: that's your problem, not ours. You need to want it more.
    What it proves is that you would rather whine than pony-up the relatively small amount of money required to prove yourself right or wrong.
    Huh? Then why do you keep whining about it if you know your argument is negated and you can get testing done for free?

20. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

Cracks me up.

21. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

A tantrum is justified when you won't back up your claims. You are on a science website, evidence is needed for claims like this. What's so hard for you to understand?

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

. . . when you are five. Beyond that? Not so much.

But I guess you could try it. If that doesn't work you could cry like a baby or hold your breath until people do what you want. If you do that, be sure to let us know how it goes.

23. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

You mean like evidence that Bigfoot is real?

We're all still waiting for ANYTHING even close to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.