Skeptic finds 4 year Bigfoot project "intriguing"

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Magical Realist, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Here's a detailed account of a Bigfoot sighting in Arkansas. It's eyewitness reports like this that make me a firm believer:

"In June of 2012, on a weekend, Don and Mary (not their real names) decided to go on a relaxing weekend drive through the rugged but beautiful countryside of Stone County Arkansas, not far from their home in Batesville. They chose a route they had taken before, traveling north up Highway 5 between steep wooded bluffs.“If it would help pinpoint the location, I remember there was a guard rail running along the opposite side of the road, and I looked on a map later and think we were just a little bit south of being straight west of Mt. Olive. We were on a relatively straight, level stretch of road and I noticed something brown and upright off to the left between the guard rail and a steep bluff on the left-hand side of the road. It was about the color of a dead cedar tree that had not yet lost its needles, and at first glance I thought maybe that was what it was. But I quickly realized it was the wrong shape and too solid-looking, if that makes any sense. At about that moment my wife said, ‘What is that thing?’”As the witnesses drew closer to the mysterious object they came to realize what they were seeing, or at least were able to see it in more detail. “It had thick brown hair a few inches long all over its body, except for on its face. I slowed way down and it stood there without moving, except for turning its head to watch us pass. I thought about stopping and if we would have had a camera with us I might have stopped long enough to try and get a picture, but we are not much for taking pictures and left our camera at home. Believe me, when we go for drives since then it is right on the seat between us.”

A few direct questions resulted in a more detailed description of the creature observed by the couple. It was approximately six feet or slightly over in height, with a muscular build that led Don to compare it to a football linebacker or body-builder. The hair that covered its body was probably three to four inches in length; slightly longer on the lower arms and considerably so on the head. The eyes appeared to be a very dark brown and the skin exposed on the hairless portions of its face ‘looked like a person that spent a lot of time out in the sun; tanned to the point of being more of a brown color and somewhat wrinkled.’ The lips were noticeably lighter in color and ‘pinkish’.

“It was the face that I remember most of all,” Don told me. “It looked so damned human. Yeah, it had that ridge above its eyes more like an ape or gorilla, but the eyes and the rest of the face showed a clear expression of intense curiosity. It was like he was just as interested in figuring out what we were as we were about him. There was no sign of fear or threatening at all.” Another direct question elicited the fact that the shape of the head “might have been rounded up just a little bit more, but was very much like a person.”

The couple had come to a complete stop when they got even with the creature, with no more than twenty-five feet or so between them. “I have read about the foul odor mentioned more than once by Bigfoot witnesses, but we had the window down and there was very little breeze at the time. There either wasn’t any odor or it was too slight to notice. They also reported no audible sound, such as a vocalization, coming from it. When asked, Don stated that they had done quite a bit of reading about Bigfoot on the internet since their experience but prior to it had only been vaguely aware of the phenomenon.When asked how the sighting ended, Don chuckled and said; “It was almost like he got bored looking at us or decided we weren’t going to get out of the way if he wanted to cross the road. He just turned around and walked off into the woods until we couldn’t see him anymore. The amazing thing to me was that something so big could be so quiet. He barely made any sound at all.

Don only expressed on regret involving the encounter, aside from not having a camera. “If we had simply stopped to look at the scenery there would have been a car come up behind us in no time at all, so we would have to move on. But here we were wishing another witness would show up, and as far as other traffic we might as well have been on Mars.”​

==http://www.leaderjournal.com/article/20150401/NEWS/150339682/0/SEARCH

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

It's acceptance of eye witness reports like that, and as written by "By Sam Uptegrove, researcher and paranormal expert", without any further investigations or asking of logical questions, or the state of mind of the writer, and his agenda, that makes me realize we have plenty of "Bozo the Clown" types running lose out there, somewhere, sometime.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

I wonder what is qualifications are for him to assume to be an expert in the "paranormal"?

I'm an expert in Harry Potter. Does that make Harry Potter real?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

While I don't accept the initial premises of the OP, some of the dismissals in the thread are... excessively dismissive.

8. Bells Staff Member

How do they know that is bigfoot vocalisation when no one knows what bigfoot vocalisation sounds like, because it has never been found?

And why does bigfoot sound like a dude blowing raspberries and making plane noises and trying to sound like a chimpanzee?

Yes, but bigfoot is not a chimpanzee and there is no indication that it would be.

Bears also throw rocks and sometimes large rocks, even at glass and the people standing behind the glass - see video below.

Actually, use of rocks as tools is known for early hominids. And they suspect for throwing as well, but this is just a proposal as there is no evidence that the human hand evolved for throwing.

It should also be noted that the mythical bigfoot is not a human. So its evolutionary path, if it exists, would be completely different.

And bears also throw rocks.

And that is the kicker. When a chimpanzee throws a rock at another chimpanzee, if it is for a show of dominance, it isn't going to do so by hiding away in the shrubbery. They make themselves seen.

This so called bigfoot is hiding. So it makes the point about dominance and strength exhibition moot and it does not really apply. As it cannot apply.

That said, you will find that bears are also known to throw rocks.

Here is video footage of a polar bear throwing a rock at a window in a zoo (and throwing it repeatedly) until the glass in the viewing window that looks into the water of its pool starts to break:

And here is a video of grizzly bears throwing very large rocks in the wild:

Considering the sheer amounts of bears and bear activity these people found, it wouldn't surprise me. And bears are even known to use rocks as a tool.

Which can all be vocalised by animals and humans alike.

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Uh no. These bears are NOT throwing rocks. They are playing with them, and tossing them a few feet into the air. That's not throwing a rock, as in being 30 yards away and hitting the metal roof of a cabin all night long. The only creature than can do that is some sort of primate. That was the point of the rock-throwing chimps comments. We have seen this behavior in them, so it makes sense that it would also occur for another large primate species such as Bigfoot. And the vocalizations were recorded in the wild and were confirmed by vocal experts to be beyond the range of humans. Anything else you wanna make up? Or can we stick to the facts?

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

OK, come on. He's presenting the facts as he sees them. I disagree also, but the personal insults aren't necessary.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ah, fair 'nuff...

12. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

How come nobody has ever found a dead bigfoot, or even bigfoot bones?

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It's possible that they are buried, much as was done by our prehistoric ancestors. There's several eyewitness accounts of this as well as possible burial sites:

"Date unknown, modern era: Northern California. A witness saw four Bigfoots carrying bones. The longest bone was up to four feet long. Reported by Ray Crowe.

Date unknown, modern era: Pacific Northwest. A man witnessed three Bigfoots digging a hole with their hands to bury a fourth Bigfoot. Afterward, they rolled rocks on the grave. Reported by Roger Patterson.

Date unknown, modern era: Starkey, Oregon. In the Blue Mountains, Sue Sebring found unusual cobble piles in the forest. Possible Bigfoot graveyard. Reported by Ray Crowe.

Date unknown, modern era: Alder Creek, Sandy, Oregon. East of Portland, Peter Byrne noted an unusual mound of earth along the creek. Reported by Ray Crowe.

1949: Pacific Northwest. A man reported seeing three Bigfoots, two older males and a female, laying a dead young female Bigfoot out on top of a rock on a mountain peak. This is probably the simplest Bigfoot burial, similar to the sky burials of ancient humans. John Green did not believe the story, but looking at other reports, it seems reasonable. Reported by John Green.

1962-1967: Northern Washington state. A man witnessed three Bigfoots burying a fourth one. Reported by Peter Byrne.

After 1972: Klamath Agency, Oregon. A bulldozer driver was building a road in the forest. He ran the road through an area of large stones in a circle 20 feet in diameter, with smaller stones in the middle. The next day, he would come back and all of the stones were replaced in their original positions after he had bulldozed them away. This went on for some time, and eventually, he built the road around the area. Possible Bigfoot burial site. Reported by Vic McDaniel.

Before 1975: Location unknown, probably Pacific Northwest. Three Bigfoots were witnessed digging a hole with their hands to bury a fourth Bigfoot. When the hole was filled in, huge boulders were rolled over the site. Reported by Glen Thomas.

1985: Calapooia River, Oregon. In the Oregon Coast Range, Gold minersfound a 50 foot wide area where the tops of all trees had been broken off around the perimeter. In the clearing, there was a deer carcass and two piles of smooth, five inch cobblestones, about 2.5 feet high, separated by 20 feet. The previous night, the miners had been frightened by strange screams and the sounds of breaking trees. They never went back to excavate the area. Possible Bigfoot burial site. Reported by Ray Crowe.

1989: McMinnville, Starkey, Oregon. Scott White found strange piles of rocks in a clearing with smashed trees. Possible Bigfoot burial site. Reported by Ray Crowe.

1990: Estacada, Oregon. East of Portland, a hunter found a dead baby Bigfoot ten feet up in a tree. He reported that it was just a small, furry little thing. He was interested in the tree in the first place due to large scat piles all around it. The dead Bigfoot was buried in the boughs of an evergreen and was covered with covered with other boughs. The hunter thought that the scat piles were from the mother Bigfoot who had been sitting under the tree mourning the death of her baby.

This could be called an “Indian style burial,” as Indians in the Pacific Northwest used to bury their dead up in trees, albeit in caskets. The hunter called Portland State University and told them he had found a dead baby Bigfoot. They laughed at him and told him that they were not interested in looking at it. After all, Bigfoots don’t exist. The man stuck the baby Bigfoot in his deep freeze, and that’s the last we’ve heard of it. Reported by Ray Nab.

Summer 1992: Estacada, Oregon, near Bagby Hot Springs. A philosophy teacher saw two Bigfoots, either a male and female or two females. There were two young, auburn colored Bigfoots with them. They were in a riverbed, burying another Bigfoot under a pile of stones. They had not dug a hole; they were just burying it with rocks. He stated that the Bigfoots were acting “sad.” The site was rechecked by an investigator one year later, but flooding had washed the stones away, and the site could not be rediscovered. Reported by Ray Crowe. We see over and over here reports of 3-4 Bigfoots participating in the burial of another, as if it is some kind of a ceremony.

After 1995: Whidbey Island, Washington. Rhett Mullis found large mounds on this island in Puget Sound where there is no history of Indian residence. A large pit had been dug out but had not yet been used. There was a “hallway” along a well-used trail and scat was scattered around. The mounds were covered with large hand-sized rocks. Plants had been pulled up and placed on top of the mounds in order to hide them. Possible Bigfoot graveyard. Reported by Rhett Mullis.

October 21, 2002: Estacada, Oregon. Possible Bigfoot burial groundsconsisting of pits and stacks of heavy rocks were found at a high elevation in the Clackamas River Gorge. They could not be Indian burial grounds. Reported by the BFRO."===https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/why-no-bigfoot-bones-and-bodies/

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  14. Bells Staff Member

I take it you didn't watch the polar bear video, the polar bear flinging the rock into the glass and aiming it at the people behind the glass...

The point is that there is evidence of bears also throwing rocks and using rocks as tools. With the many many bears spotted there, and in the camp itself where these people were staying in the hunting shacks, it is more than likely that they are bears.

There is no evidence that it is not bears and other wildlife. The report is unable to discount them at all.

Are you suggesting the only creature that can throw things like that are primates?

Ha!

No. I have possums in my backyard who pick mangoes off the mango trees, and throw them at my house and the neighbour's houses. The possums at my former sister-in-law's house threw an orange at her head, inside her house.. They had opened the window in her son's room and climbed over his body as he slept, went into the kitchen and when she woke up and walked in, an orange was flung at her head as they all bolted for the window.

How do you know bigfoot is a primate? Thus far, there is no proof that it is.

The creature people thought was bigfoot in Asia turned out to be a really rare species of bear, long thought extinct. The bigfoot researchers who had sent in the samples, excited that they had found bigfoot, were surprised - I had linked the story previously in this thread.

And those experts are who?

For all we know, the "expert" they are using has an ulterior motive in claiming it is beyond the range of humans. I noticed nothing in that recording that was "beyond the range of humans". If it is a hominid, then its vocal range would be well within that of humans and primates. Claiming it is beyond that clearly indicates it is probably not a primate.

Also, all these possible bigfoot burial grounds spotted and not a single bone to show for it.. Doesn't that strike you as suspicious?

And the Robert Lindsay link you provided:

Most animals are not discovered by finding a dead body or bones. They are found by shooting a specimen, which is then called a type specimen and is thereby known to science.

At a guess, I would imagine he is leaving out all species of dinosaurs and other pre-historic animals. Not to mention the classification of species of all extinct mammals that show the evolution of what exists today... Because there was no one there with a shotgun when they existed to call it a "type specimen". There is a level of dishonesty with his statement that should not need to be pointed out. You also left out his Government conspiracy theory in the article/story you linked. Not to mention that he keeps confusing himself and contradicting himself. For example, from the page you linked:

In the past 35 years or so, there are reports of a government coverup regarding dead and injured Bigfoots.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the past 43 years, there appears to be a government coverup about Bigfoots. Over a 43 year period, there were 16 cases of possible government coverup of Bigfoot evidence. That is one coverup case every 2.7 years, about one incident every 3 years.

Before 1968, there were no government coverup cases. The coverup probably started in 1968 because the Patterson film was filmed in November 1967. The evidence suggests therefore that there may be a government coverup dating from 1968. In particular, government officials appear to have been taking Bigfoot bodies away, never to be seen again. The government appears to be involved at various levels, including the National Guard, the Army Corps of Engineers, state police, the FBI and the US military.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As noted above, there seems to be a government conspiracy to coverup Bigfoot existence dating back 31 years.

All of these were in the same blog post by Robert Lindsay and in order of how they were written. So which is correct?

I'm sorry, but such sites are not to be trusted, especially when the author is unable to even be consistent about years or dates, in the same blog post.

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LOL! Now its possums throwing rocks at the cabin? You really just sort of pull anything out of your ass don't you? As for Bigfoot being a primate, ofcourse it is. Unless you think he's a giant rodent. What else would he be? He has all the traits of a primate. As for analysis of the vocalizations, you can confirm that here: http://ronmorehead.com/dr-r-lynn-kirlin/

As for dinosaurs, no. He is not talking about extinct animals. He said discovering an animal, as in a species that is still alive. As for numerical flaws in the years, so what? What does that have to do with anything? You're desperate again to debunk and yet have nothing to debunk. So you nitpick irrelevant details that have absolutely nothing to do with anything in the attempt to poison the well. Because we all know that's all you do, poison the well by slandering people you don't even know as liars or greedy fameseekers. As usual you have nothing to argue, and in your abundance of speaking you expose just how little you really have to say.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

MR, I appreciate your devotion to the idea, but even the dates you cite above haven't produced remains that are intact to this day. I'm afraid that they're suppositions at this point.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

There is something you have to overcome with this...

If bigfoot(s) is/are real... why are they so poorly documented in the scientific community? Why have their remains not been found (buried or otherwise)? Why has their DNA not been traced? According to you, there are eye-witness accounts of them being buried... why doesn't someone bring one of these bodies back for study?

18. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Maybe their dead bodies get abducted by aliens and all that's left are their ghosts.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Makes about as much sense as anything else here heh...

20. Bells Staff Member

Is that what I said?

No.

My comment was in response to your statement that only primates throw objects.

Can you see the distinction?

No.

But I do have an amazing ability to tell when someone is full of shit.

You are yet to prove it.

Now it is a "he"?

I don't think it is anything.

A bear. Farmers deciding to have some fun and make some money renting out their cabins. People trying to make tourism money off people who are somewhat gullible.

It does? What traits would they be?

A bigfoot website..

A lot of animals were discovered by their skeletons first. In fact, more often than not, they need the skeletons for classification.

The dates were all from the same blog post. All of which points to a quack who is probably sitting in a shrub with a foil hat on his head, because he appears to be convinced that the Government and even universities are covering up bigfoot. All without proof.

If you are incapable of explaining what you are linking and quoting, and explaining the gross discrepancies in those links, that is not my problem, MR.

It is why I keep having to remind you to eliminate everything else it could be. Thus far, you have failed to do that completely.

And that is not my fault, but entirely yours.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Perhaps its a Dropbear.

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You have nothing to remind me about a field you know nothing about. And if bears is all ya got, then you got nothin. Bears don't throw rocks at a cabin over a 4 year period night and day, or knock with sticks on trees, or vocalize like what has been recorded of bigfoot. And as usual you just repeat shit you make up about people you have no knowledge of, slandering them as some sort of profiteers who are only out to make a buck. Slandering people isn't an argument btw. It's a pathetically weak attempt to discredit evidence you obviously have no answer to. Just like your claims of the 6 rescuers who heard that woman's voice, and the photo of that grandmother with her dead husband, you have nothing to offer but groundless and paranoid accusations of fraud and hoaxery. You should probably just quit while you're ahead and admit you have no explanation for any of this. Trained bears, hoaxing farmers, and non-primate Bigfoot species not withstanding. lol!

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Magical Realist:

Is there any pseudoscience bunk that you don't believe in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.