Skinwalker banning Scifes unacceptable

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by DiamondHearts, May 22, 2009.

1. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

God man how long have you been here? There are threads on threads about these threads. And always the same handful of people complaining.

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scott3x Banned Banned

I suppose I could blithely ignore your views too, but I'm not like that.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scott3x Banned Banned

Lucy, who clearly doesn't care about my views, nevertheless thinks she's an expert on them.

For the record Lucy, I'm speaking of anything that has to do with scientific inquiry, be it UFOs, religion, 9/11 or sexuality.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Why not? There are views I ignore. People generally ignore certain views if they feel they lack validity.

8. scott3x Banned Banned

I have a feeling this isn't worth arguing about. Go on, ignore away.

9. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

This isn't about you Scott if you haven't noticed.

10. scott3x Banned Banned

Yes I know, technically the topic is about the temporary banning of Scifes, but even you have brought up a personal anecdote, speaking of when a post or 2 of your own was deleted by Skin. Perhaps you could atleast agree that Skinwalker is somewhat trigger happy when it comes to post deletions and such...

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

belch . . .

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

My point was that the infraction was minor, not worthy of a complaint nor a thread, being banned for a day is also minor.

13. Gustav Banned Banned

mmm
    what a docile and gentle creature thou art

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I agree. He might just learn something from it.

15. scott3x Banned Banned

I think that's in the eye of the beholder. And one's view can be greatly affected by whether one's actually experienced something like it. You ever been banned from somewhere, for a day or longer? Furthermore, I think the issue should be focused more on fairness, because of the following: if the punishment was fair and the punished person realizes this, it can work out. However, if the punishment -wasn't- fair and this isn't cleared up, the punished may decide to not come back at all. I suppose, in the end, that it all depends on what sciforums is looking for; people who only disagree about trivialities or people who actually have strong disagreements.

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  16. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Diamond about 90% of the posts you make ARE preaching.

I see no error in Skin's judgement

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

The first thing you have to realize about religion is that it is unintelectual, by pretty much every definition in existance.

18. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

you know, all in all, i have found the mods to be fair and just, its not an easy thing to do, look after everyone, they get abused at every corner and just let it pass, obviously skinwalker did what he thought was best, so let him carry on!

19. Bells Staff Member

Could it be that he actually was preaching? He was warned about it before and obviously failed to heed those warnings. So he was banned for one day.

One day.

If you have issues with Skinwalker, than deal with your own issues instead of tacking your own onto the legitimate banning of another member and trying to make it out like it is some kind of conspiracy.

Again. One day. And after reading through his posts, I am surprised he lasted as long as he did. Do you know why? Because he preaches. Constantly. Half his posts appear to me as though he is trying to convert people. And when that fails, he mentions meeting and knocking some sense into people to make people 'see the light'.

I should remind you of a particular set of rules for the Religion forum:

Now, I want you to go back and read some of the threads started by Scifes. As I said, I am surprised he lasted as long as he did before being banned. I mean ants containing glass? /Boggle..

Reading through his posts actually made my head hurt.

He was only banned for one day for breaching this site's rules. I am sure that he will "loool" about it all when he comes back.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

First, I want to make my purpose for starting this thread blatantly obvious, it it already wasn't so from the OP.

This thread was started not only to protest the temporary banning of Scifes only. I am attempting to prove that the moderator Skinwalker is a biased moderator and should not be a moderator of this forum.

There was an allegation that 90% of my posts are preaching, this completely false and the person who issued this allegation knows it. 90% of my posts are rebuttals to posts which demonise Islam and Muslims, and thus are clarifications of the Islamic opinions on matters, backed by the religious texts of Islam. I do so in a scientific method, by plainly explaining the view of Islamic theology from its religious holy sources.

If a poster claims that 'All Muslims are liars and that Islam encourages people to lie,' which by the way has continued for a long time with moderator immunity, and I respond with the Islamic opinion, backed by Islamic sources, how can this be contrived as preaching? I do so in an intellectual and intelligent manner. If anything, my posts regarding this subject serve to escalate the normal idiotic exchanges on this forum, especially in the religions and world events forums (i.e. you are a liar/ no, you are a liar).

Prove that he was preaching. From my observations of his posts, he was debating issues with atheists from his viewpoint. It is at the same time acceptable to hold a viewpoint and debate others on their viewpoint, asking for logical and reasonable proof for their views. This is the whole purpose of debate, to learn about another person's views, or to defend one's own position.

This forum is not the sole property of one viewpoint, in complete opposition to all others. Without the debates in this forum, it will die. Something which can be observed by many posters leaving this forum in the past or being banned for holding unacceptable views.

If Skinwalker banned you just now, would you ignore it? That's the whole purpose, this isn't the first time someone with views he disagrees with has been targeted. I know for a fact he tried to get me banned as well. He permanently banned Kadark while debating him.

I am dealing with this issue my own way. If you have a problem, deal with it.

I have. he challenges Atheists to explain their views and at the same time entertain his views. This is a very acceptable method of debate. The only reason why he is given problems is because Skinwalker is a rabid Atheist who hates Religious people posting in this forum, or those whom he disagrees with such as scott.

Skinwalker should be removed as moderator, as his moderating has come into question. He can never be unbiased in his moderating. Whilst he tolerated constant personal attacks by Atheists against Religious people in the forum, religious posters were given no leniency whatsoever. The moderators should realize that Atheist trolls constantly curtail debate on any religious topic in this thread, esp. in regards to Muslims, with personal attacks and racist stereotypes.

My purpose for creating this thread is quite clear. If you want to understand my views, ask me before conjuring up in your own mind what I supposedly am referring to. As I stated numerous times, I am more than capable enough to speak for myself.

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

can you spell scapegoat?
    careful diamondhearts, you'll elevate skinwalker to the status of martyr then what will you do?

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That is most certainly a bold-faced lie, speaking from personal experience, of course.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The only time I saw you "personally attacked" is when you're called out for lying.

You are lying, again. Will you consider that a "personal attack?"

That is a lie, it is Islam alone that is being attacked, and there is nothing wrong with that because it is an ideology, like any other.

Too bad for you if you can't handle that.