Skinwalker banning Scifes unacceptable

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by DiamondHearts, May 22, 2009.

1. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Recently, a poster 'swarm' called me a terrorist because he was losing a debate with me. When I asked him for proof of his charge, he ignored it. I have made it quite clear I oppose any and all violence against innocent civilians, whoever they may be.

Skinwalker was posting in the exact same thread and ignored it as well. Calling someone a terrorist is akin to calling someone a murderer, and it is a personal attack.

There a numerous examples. Calling someone a liar, without proving it, is also a personal attack.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Your lies have been demonstrated many times, demonstrations that have been promptly ignored by you. It isn't a personal attack, it is a fact.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

No, this is a science forum, that happens to have a religion fora within it for the purpose of discussing how science and religion are related. Sometimes, the two overlap for some people. It is NOT a place to preach your religion or tout how much better your religion is over all others... which is what you do on a fairly consistant basis.

If you want a religious discussion, maybe a science forum isn't the best place to get it. Perhaps you should try a religion based fora instead.

http://www.religionforums.org/
    http://www.topix.com/forum/religion
    http://www.groupsrv.com/religion/
    http://www.thereligionhub.com/forums.aspx

Plenty of them out there. Try Googling "Religion Forums". I got hundreds of hits, and I am sure there is one there that would be more tolerant to your discussions about your personal Muslim faith.

I will never understand how we attract so many extremely religious people, other than they are attracted to the absurd notion that science's sole purpose is to debunk religion. They come here looking for a cause to fight, and when there isn't one, they create it ad nauseum.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Except for atheists. They don't have to follow any standards of debate applied overwhelmingly to theists. Neither giving evidence [on the threat of being banned], nor civility nor credibility. They can troll endlessly calling people terrorists and liars, delusional nutjobs, whackos, etc and this is all accepted as "religion from a science point of view"

8. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Bullshit S.A.M. Atheism isn't a religion, and Atheists don't claim their beliefs are better than yours. They have no beliefs. We've been over this time and again, and no matter how many times you insist that Atheism is a belief system or religion, it's not. Just because we debunk your religion, doesn't mean that we think ours is better because we have none.

I've had posts deleted by Skinwalker in the Religion forums as well in the past. You just go too far too often, and thats why it seems to you, like bias. You are an extremist in your views, and are extremely vocal about them and I see a need to moderate you since you can't seem to moderate yourself. You have to understand that it's in the intent of civility, and you get really hostile and preachy sometimes, you misrepresent facts, ignore arguments when they don't suit you even when facts are presented. You can't seem to temper your posts sometimes. People are just supposed to let you rant?

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Scifes is no longer banned, so I guess we can stop the ranting.

10. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

I've posted here for 6 years and not once have I even received a warning. I'm sure there were warnings prior to the ban (which again, is a single day and has already expired), so why the warnings weren't heeded is beyond me.

11. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Brava, madame! You have correctly identified a real phenomenon. It is not restricted merely to religious topics (other "unacceptable" subjects included) nor is it restricted to this forum. But the perpetrators do tend to have certain things in common. A cursory review of various organizations, personalities, and affiliations using the term skeptic as a major descriptor tends to reveal many like-minded individuals who often behave like the people you are describing. Some are civil, some are not.

12. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Unless you provide proof, it is a personal attack. Proof, even once where I have lied. If you do not, then this is intellectually dishonest and reveals a deeper moral void.

Not that I expect morality to be central to any debate with some Atheists.

I have never debated with you, so I don't know where you get this idea. Most of my posts are rebuttals to previous posts which incorrectly present Islam. I always back my stances with supporting evidence.

I seek a scientific and intellectual debate about Islam, something which I have found rather lacking in this 'sciforums.' For all the ranting about science, it is a proven fact that most people on this forum cannot debate religion without personal attacks or without preposterous unbacked claims.

If you have a problem with religion, then perhaps you should take up the case with this forum's moderators. There are religion and philosophy subforums present, meaning that discussing topics concerning religion is encouraged. The problem lies in the inability of intellectual conversation concerning religion from Atheists, and at times, Zionists and American Neo-conservatives.

If you or anyone else wishes to establish a formal debate on Islamic topics, then we would be more than happy to oblige. However, the resolve must be made that personal attacks and false stereotypes must exit all such debates.

Many Atheists DO believe their beliefs make them superior to religious people. This has been demonstrated numerous times on this forum. Typified foremost in the moderator Skinwalker.

Once you make such accusations, proof is required. If you don't provide proof, this is an unfounded allegation and a personal attack.

I feel too many people talk when they do not know about others' positions or beliefs. It makes their claims seem rather absurb.

LET'S GET BACK TO THE TOPIC. SKINWALKER'S MODERATION HAS BEEN CALLED INTO QUESTIONING.

13. scott3x Banned Banned

Has he returned?

14. scott3x Banned Banned

No need to use caps locked words Diamond. Skinwalker's moderation has been called into question a few times now. I think there really can be only 2 possibilities, although it may be a mix of the 2 as well; either the people who question his moderation are off or Skinwalker is. Or, as mentioned, it's a bit of both.

Since you and others (such as myself) have questioned Skinwalker's moderation, it stands to reason that our own credibility would be questioned by people who believe that Skinwalker does a relatively good job.

Personally, as I've mentioned, I've simply resolved the problem by not posting in his forums. If someone makes an interesting post in one of the forums he moderates, I'd rather send my response via PM, which is off limits from his deletions.

15. scott3x Banned Banned

I've gone over this before, in great detail; go back a bit in the thread to catch it all if you're interested. Essentially, Skinwalker deletes posts and gives warnings for spurious reasons. So to say that this guy was warned doesn't really say all that much, other then the fact that Skinwalker was technically following protocol. However, if the warnings are spurious, the ban is as well.

16. scott3x Banned Banned

Do you believe those deletions were justified?

Of Skinwalker goes too far, too often. It's a judgement call and we're calling it diffferently.

From wikipedia:
    "Extremism is a term used to describe the actions or ideologies of individuals or groups outside the perceived political center of a society"

So, by the standards of many societies, your or my views could be considered extremist. Instead of using loaded terms, I think it'd help to get to the root of the matter. I have disagreed with S.A.M. myself. But what irked me wasn't what she said but rather that she essentially said that she didn't want to talk to me if I continued holding a certain view. Honestly, I've dealt with people far, far worse in this very forum. So instead of focusing on rather slippery terms like extremism, perhaps we should instead focus on things like civility.

In another forum, others might see a need to moderate you. What is such a need but the view that someone's views or ways of expressing them is faulty? To be sure, there are times when I'm sure we would both agree that x or y needs moderation. And I could certainly agree that there should be universal standards for moderation. However, I have a strong feeling that we'd disagree on what that standard should be.

I've seen S.A.M. in action. And I can agree with you to some extent. But I've also seen her opposition do so. And honestly, I've seen them do it more than she has.

I have never seen S.A.M. use the common banal insults that I've seen many others here use; sometimes they get away with it, sometimes they don't, but I think it's a point worth mentioning. Again you are using a label, 'rant'; but what do you mean by it precisely? That S.A.M. is expressing a view that you disagree with? Many times, the details really do matter.

17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Issues like this have come up before

time and time and time and time again

I guess we just have to take shelter of the timeless wisdom of sci

: Draw your own conclusions .....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Sinners, with how many ungodly acts they have defied the Skinwalker, with how many rebellious words have they blasphemed him!
    Such men go about whispering and complaining, and live by the rule of their own appetites; meanwhile, their mouths are ready with fine phrases, to flatter the great when it serves their ends.
    Woe betide them!

19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

aye

the ways of the almighty are as wrathful as they are mysterious

.... and can extend even beyond the jurisdiction of one's moderation dominion for what are daily affairs for the irredeemable

(note, that this was in the eastern philosophy forum yet I somehow got infracted from the all seeing one)

20. Bells Staff Member

You mean like you stereotype anyone and everyone who happens to disagree with you? Last I checked, you had me pegged as a white person who apparently hates Muslims and Islam. Remember that little debate DH?

Prove to you that he does preach? Read his posts and the threads he starts. He does preach. You have already discounted it because you do not view it as preaching. Others disagree with you, including Skinwalker, who warned him numerous times and he didn't stop. Hence he was banned for one day.

This forum is a science forum, not a religious forum where theists can peddle their wares (for lack of a better term) and saying why their religion is better than others, why their religion is the only true religion, etc. That my dear, is preaching.

I've had countless of posts deleted by Skinwalker. And if he banned me just now, I'd probably go and lie down and have a nap (recovering from bad food poisoning) or if I was well, I would probably do the laundry until my kids woke up from their nap and then go and play with them, clean the house, read a book while they napped, watch TV, do my hair, paint my toenails, etc. In short, yes, I would ignore it and get on with life. I certainly would not expect others to take up my supposed cause as an excuse to air their own grievances. In other words, I would not want or expect to be the soapbox for you or anyone else to step onto to bitch about him or his actions.

Which issue? Your own or Scifes'? His banned is over and he hasn't said a single word about it. There are ways to complain about a moderator. And you constantly ignore them. Them's be the rules. I would suggest you deal with it, because all this.. it's not healthy and it is dull.

One does not entertain another's view while stating that their own view is superior to everyone else's. That is not an acceptable method of debate.

He was asked to tone down the preaching and he failed to do so. He has had several posts deleted because of his preaching and he kept failing to heed the warnings. If Skin hated all religious people posting on this forum, he would have permanently banned everyone and damned the consequences. And yet he has not. I am an atheist and I have had countless of posts deleted by Skin. So have other atheists and theists on this forum.

Again, like you accused me of being a white racist once because I disagreed with something you said? And then you had the nerve to belittle my ancestry. You were saying about stereotyping? You stereotype anyone and everyone who disagrees with you and you not only insult them but create fantasies about who they are.

You are complaining because you feel you are not allowed to personally attack others but you feel that atheists are. That is the crux of your complaint.

Quite clear?

The title is about Scifes's banning and the OP is mostly about how he treats you and you were kind enough to tack in one line about Scifes banning. It is not clear at all.

What were you saying before about the purile forms of debate where people say 'you're a liar/no you're a liar'? And yet here you are accusing me of making stuff up about what you are referring to.

I won't bother to point out the irony.

21. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

yes, so what about it??
    how DARE you??

i always send skinwalker messages..and he just ignores me..

i reported him once, to no avail..

and when i was banned..instead of doing the laundry..i took my time setting up a fair objectional post, where i collected all the quotes where i was scientifically "preached", insulted, was given links to other "religious" sites(which is what i think called propaganda here)..chose some which give an idea of the rest..and posted it when the ban was lifted..

and when i did, it was deleted in less than an hour..not even in the cesspool..

i objected in a PM to jamesR..but no reply till now..

so don't DARE tell DH not to represent me, when he is doing so properly and truthfully...and you shamefully lie about me here

here is a copy of the last warning i got from skinwalker, concerning the thread which i headed "calling to religion is preaching..calling to atheism is science":

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  22. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

SciForums.com : User Control Panel : Private Messages
    Inbox
    Today
    05-25-09 why you..!!
    04:21 AM scifes
    scifes
    converted into atheism (235 posts)
    Today, 04:21 AM

you evil creature..you keep reporting my posts don't you??

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Converted into atheism ?