Slavery. Is it time to pay the money back?

Discussion in 'History' started by Captain Kremmen, Jul 26, 2007.

1. draqon Banned Banned

people are not guinea pigs, they are not trees in the forest, nor are people mindless dogs pissing on each other in the park. people have a mind and are intelligent.

Why, did blacks sell themselves to slavery in the first place? Why has everyone forgotten that blacks came from Africa and sold themselves to slavery because they wanted to leave Africa which was in its worst economic state.

And now that they come here...why couldn't they organize themselves properly? Why didn't they fight for their rights? because of low power of will and self esteem. Well, their problem.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Get an education

http://afroamhistory.about.com/od/slavery/a/slavery.htm

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anonymous 1.5 Registered Member

Should we though? i mean what about white slavery....and islamic slavery...whites enslaved whites and islamics enslaved islamics..slavery happend but as for africa their contries goverments borrowed money off of our goverments...so ya know its their own fault

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

if i borrow money i have to pay it back why should it be any differant for countries?

8. Anonymous 1.5 Registered Member

reread please mother

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

oh yeah sorry!!

10. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

That's nothing to do with the question I asked.

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

It'sa good answer though.

12. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

No it isn't.

If you were taxed 100% of your income where would you sleep? How would you eat?

It doesn't even make sense.

Back to the original question, then.

13. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

jesus then maybe the vikeings denmark sweeden eg should have to pay us a huge debt fo invading us?

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

As the people who taxed you wished you to.

They could provide whatever they wanted to or not, and you'd have no choices but to accept what they said.

Kinda like in prison.

15. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Oh, well, maybe your government gives you a house and a place to sleep, ours doesn't....or maybe that was just a completely wrong analogy.

You've still completely missed the point.

I suggest you re-read my requests.

I didn't ask for slavery in layman's terms.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It was in answer to this:
    Like I said, if its not wrong, would you choose it for yourself?

Given the option I outlined.

17. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I want the descendants of the Romans to pay me reparations for enslaving my european ancestors.

18. superstring01 Moderator

Indeed... those bastards killed pleanty of my German ancestors. My Irish ancestors were also done EQUALLY as wrong as the Africans. At least slaves were fed, during the Potato blight, Ireland STILL produced more than enough food for itself... it's just that the evil and cruel British (of whom I'm also descended) took all that food for use in England.

See-- if you go back far enough, you can always find someone to blame. Also, if you're going to punish white America-- you better be sure that you are punishing only those whites whos ancestry can be traced to American slavery-- my ancestors arrived right after the civil war and WWII. I'm a lucky feller-- the only nasty stuff in my past was Germany during WWII... my relatives avoided paying reparations by moving to the USA.

~String

19. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

"That is the real issue. That is the issue that will continue in this country when these poor tongues of Judge Douglas and myself shall be silent. It is the eternal struggle between these two principles -- right and wrong -- throughout the world. They are the two principles that have stood face to face from the beginning of time, and will ever continue to struggle. The one is the common right of humanity and the other the divine right of kings. It is the same principle in whatever shape it develops itself. It is the same spirit that says, 'You work and toil and earn bread, and I'll eat it.' No matter in what shape it comes, whether from the mouth of a king who seeks to bestride the people of his own nation and live by the fruit of their labor, or from one race of men as an apology for enslaving another race, it is the same tyrannical principle."
    Abraham Lincoln
    --From the October 15, 1858 Debate at Alton

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

mountainhare:

Probably not. I don't think that is the sole cause, anyway. There are many social factors at work.

21. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

Social factors and what have you are irrelevant. As Abraham Lincoln put it himself, taking what belongs to one and giving it to someone else is the same principal no matter how you slice it. The demands of reparitions made by me to people I have never met, never raised a hand against, or ever in any way opressed is the epitomy of hippocracy.

Is is completely unacceptable in any terms to make this an issue of "us vs. them" which is exactly what those who demand reparitions are saying. Those in America who are impoverished and poorly educated have every means to pull themselves up and be protected between the Government's FAFSA program, the extrodinarily abundant scholarship programs for women and minorities, affirmitive action, unequal taxation between those of various incomes, public housing and social services, welfare, and anti-discriminatory and hate crime laws.

Putting aside that some of these acts fundamentally violate Abraham Lincoln's vision of equality, it is obvious at least to me that whatever obsticles that might be created by others do not in any way prevent anyone with the determination and spirit to make himself what he has chooses to be.

Of all the things discussed in this topic, it seems that the least valued and indeed barely mentioned necessety in the suscess of any individual is the power of the individual belief in themself. It was the same belief that you could be worth more than what others treated you to be which stirred such men as Martin Luther King Jr. The times of the Jim Crow Laws are long gone. Generations have now passed from the time of even Martin Luther King, and Abraham Lincoln himself returned to the Earth decades ago.

My question now, is what will be done with the opportunity now open to those who were once the oppressed, the penniless, the crippled, and the unwanted. I can not answer it, for it is not I who has this unparalleled opportunity.

22. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

You are confusing "wrong" with a "a crap life".

I am still awaiting a decent reason why slavery is wrong....and who is to blame for slavery.

23. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

Slavery like reparitions, are an attempt by one class of people to impose the labor and hardships required by life upon others so that they might improve their own wealth and quality of life. If you would say it is perfectly acceptable to impose this condition upon others, then you should be the first to be hauled away in chains. Those who would violate the rights and freedoms of others are not entitled to that which they would deny another person. Anything less is to deem yourself of a higher order than other members of your species. The belief in a higher order of humans were the aspirations of such men as Adolph Hitler. Eventually, the opressed arise and are either eliminated in their insurrection, which looses the slave owner the foundations of his fortunes, or they will overcome and destroy their opresser. In either mannor, life is lost.

With reguards to whom is responsible for slavery, it is my contention that all in this world who continue to consider what is a human being or not based on such arbitrary criteria as individual fitness, health, gender, age, intellectual capacity, race, or personal view of beauty are those who perpetuate this sickness. The human animal can justify to his intellect anything which he chooses to believe.