Slowtalkers

Discussion in 'Linguistics' started by Klippymitch, Jul 25, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i didnt say it was the sum of the man, i said if he is a complete asshole and wont listen to reason. because i was suggesting that you talk it through and let him know it bothers you. and at the same time ask him what bothers him about you, then it doesent seem one sided, and shows you want to compromise and make him happy aswell. instead of it looking like your nagging. if its just that he forgets things tthen i dont see the big problem, maybe try to help him out with his memory or train of thought.

i dont get the real man and fairy tale remark though.

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

wise post

while spending time learning spanish in Ecuador I couldn't understand a word at dinner time in the beginnings. So I meditated on the people's physical speech (ie. hands, face, etc. all muscles except tongue) and became quite adept at body language instead of becoming easily frustrated.

and for this I promote what you wrote in that quote

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sniffy Banned Banned

It's called listening and not enough people do it effectively because they are too impatient to put their point of view forward.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My husband is a notorious interrupter. He says its because he has to say it immediately or he will forget.