So you think you can moderate

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by James R, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

This thread seems to have drifted quite a bit off topic.

Wasn't this all done in a previous thread?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

pathological

stuff like this tends to be contentious and it appears the current crop of mods are ok with that given the lack of interference. on the other hand two wannabe mods want to stifle and censor this discussion.
    a really stupid move. if someone says they can moderate, we are not allowed to present a counterpoint or refute the assertions in the same thread?

and NM is who again? why is a personality being touted rather than a rationale? this is probably an indication of your moderation. it is not the argument presented but who is presenting it that carries weight with you

very very bad

rather telling
    mods are our betters
    the criticism blithely dismissed as a vendetta
    i mean, there are others that share similar sentiments
    so whats the next accusation..........a conspiracy?

a dynamic easily inferred by this freudian garbage....

..and how he disingenuously tries to deflect and throw his gaffe back at me...

....by conjuring up an alternative history

geoff is sooo unfit

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

a wannabe mod shows of his analytical skills...

all this mindless pr drivel....

...should go unchallenged in this thread.

relevance?
    what thread?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

I forget the title. It was the moderator thread where everyone started beating on James, Bells quit, everyone started beating up on everyone else, and a good time was had by all.

on edit: It was James R's Independent Review Process. You started the bitching session and everyone else jumped in.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yep.

Many, many, many, many times. Did I say many? Many. And on and on it goes. To wit:

/ ja ja, weil ich bin den obermoderator, naturlich

And not because someone asked us to move it to a different thread, or to PM, and I thought it was a request that was reasonable, given that it was kind of OT. If we cannot discuss in same thread, there clearly is a violation of some kind of rights!

/conspiracy off

9. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Thinking about it, I don't remember seeing a post by Gustav where he isn't bitching about something.

10. Gustav Banned Banned

nice
    this is what happens if you dare question alexg

questioning infractions is "bitching"
    we are supposed to just accept anything that the mods choose to dish out

secondly, no such thing happened in the thread proffered by alexg as an example. he is clearly lying in order to disingenuously discredit me

go read

and we are now considering his nomination?

/snicker

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I could give human sciences a go, though the more logical and "down to earth" part of my brain tends to get a little deep-fried during my classes atm - learning Server 2003 and then moving into more intensive networking classes and, while a major computer Geek and great with tech in general... networking is pretty much my weakest link XD

@ rest - please stop the bickering everyone... this isn't the time or place for it to be honest. Certainly have your say on how you feel others would do as a moderator, but there is no need to do any mud-slinging or arguing. After all, this is the nomination thread, not the final decision (or at least, so it seems)

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well...

"Dare"?

I give him a double nomination for that one. Anyway...

Yeah. Probably unavoidable in this case, kitta; but I didn't fire the first shot. In any event, I've finished up.

13. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Of course Gustav. It's clearly all about you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Gustav Banned Banned

every nitpicking report will be given credence and deemed actionable

yes
    "kind of ot"

an excuse for insinuating personal prejudices and micromanaging

justification thru conflation and ridicule

you cant even get out of the starting gate can you, geoff?

15. Gustav Banned Banned

rather obvious...

...all that for a disagreement on topicality....

you really think this is a good pr, mr alexg? you indulge in personal attacks simply because i question your "analytical skills"

poor sci. they will suffer but i bet i will get some mileage out of you if you get elected

an endorsement of personal attacks
    the future goons of sci...alexg and geoffp

16. Gustav Banned Banned

so nothing that has unfolded or may unfold in this thread could possibly have any relevance to this final decision?

here is how some advocate keeping the community out of the loop

pm the criticism
    start another thread for said criticism

they erect hurdles to the free and easy dissemination of relevant info

the assertions are in this thread
    the counter-assertions are in a pm available only to the recipient or in another thread one has to navigate to

this is like republican efforts to subvert democracy by erecting hurdles to voting

it is a measure of one's disconnect with sciforums to think that this soapbox of a thread is somehow immune to criticism

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

What bee's got under gustav's bonnet, I wonder? A ruthless electoral spirit, no doubt.

18. Gustav Banned Banned

"us"?
    so you have already been modded?

/smirk

19. Bells Staff Member

Best be careful, he may start a PM campaign to have you banned.. He apparently tried it to suggest or hope I not be moderator when I was a moderator.. I took it to PM to keep it out of this thread. Lets just say it was bad enough that I now have him on ignore. I have been accused of lying when I have not lied and he does so without any proof whatsoever. The level of deceit and abuse and insults I have just witnessed and apparently have been witness to over the last few months.. yeah.. ignore.. I have enough toxic crap going into my body at the moment that I don't need it or his abuse either.

Believe me, his level of dishonesty and his disingenuous knows no bounds.

My advice Gustav, don't bother.

Everything you do with Geoff will return and bite you on the arse.

Now, back to topic..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You would be a great mod regardless of what forum you moderated to be honest. The reason is because you are fair and you have a good sense of humour and you are not conceited. Human Science rarely requires intervention. I think you would be a great moderator for it! Your personality would suit it really well.

If a crazy and apparently angry lawyer can do it, a computer geek would have no issues with it.

So please, put your name out there for it. I think you'd do great.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Lying lies and the lying liars that lie them

Aand we're back again. Are you two characters about done yet?

"Us"... as in me... and Bells. You were presuming the royal "we". Ah, but of course you weren't, really.

/chortle

"Hope you not be" strikes me as bizarre language, but, er: yup, sure did tell a bunch o' folks you were a terrible mod. We've covered why. Some agreed, some didn't mention it and thereby may not have.

At my request, yes. But we're back now, because you're firing shots again. And because gustav requested it too, of course.

Let's just actually say that I informed Bells I wouldn't be reading any more of her poisonous PMs immediately after her last one. There's a silver lining in this: I'm spared the endless repetition of sheer nonsense, which is cool.

Except the entirety of that PM, which were lies. Since Bells crosses swords with me again - falsity at her side - suffice it to say that her entire letter was a whopping pack. Ah well. I could indeed dig up references for it with a little searching, and I would be more than happy to post it in its entirety along with such references - but why bother? I have every reason to think it would make no impact. I suspect Bells would be a little hesitant to try it also.

Sorta depends. If you act like a giant douchebag, karmic dividends will be yours.

Traits and sensibilities I share! Why, I'm a natch too! Heh,

Anyway, sorry Bells is using you in this little maladroit revenge psychodrama, Kitta. I know it's nothing you've done. And I don't want to fight all over the thread, but I'm in a corner here; my choices are i) say nothing, get savaged, ii) push back, see what falls out. Gotta stick to the guns. Sorry. And, in point of fact, it is about the ability and quality of potential mods. As sorry as the whole thing is, I suppose it could be argued (as gustav did) that it's pertinent, in its way.

21. Bells Staff Member

No you conceited prick. He has my support because he would be good. You don't have it as you would not be good. Only you would see my support of him as competition or as an attempt to discredit you.

And can someone fix the ignore function so that I don't have to be subjected to him further. Was bad enough to get a pm from him after I put him on ignore. This is beyond obscene.

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And I thought you were ignoring me!

Actually I think a lot of people that know you would see it that way. Bells, you've already spent your believability tokens. It's just that you spent a good chunk o' change blasting me in this thread on specious reasoning - which I already demolished - and then started goading kittamaru towards becoming a mod for HS. I'm sorry, but it seems like spite.

That's kinda BS, Bells. You started the PMing in the first place, and I really doubt my response just kind of slipped under the wire. Frankly, how is it you're even reading my posts if the ignore function is on?

And "beyond obscene"? Come on, really?

Edit: BTW. "Conceited prick" is an insult, isn't it? And yet the 'Report' button remains unpushed. I'm sure there's a lesson there, related to the actuality of some of your complaints. I wonder what it could be.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ah... 'ell, why not. throw my name in for human sciences too then. Prefer sci-fi but I'll do either if there is a need

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.