Software recreates the handwriting of the dead artists

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Plazma Inferno!, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Notes in the style of former US president Abraham Lincoln, Sherlock Holmes writer Arthur Conan Doyle and artist Frida Kahlo were recreated using a computer programme developed by scientists at UCL.
    The developers produced a line in Doyle's handwriting reading ‘elementary, my dear Watson,’ (which he is thought never to have written in life).
    The programme, My Text in Your Handwriting, examines and replicates any writer’s character choices, letter texture, joined-up style and spacing, and is able to produce an eerily similar copy of their handwritten style.
    The team asked people to distinguish between their imitations and the actual handwriting, and 40 per cent of those asked were flummoxed.

http://www.unipaper.co.uk/article/l...andwriting-of-the-dead-penned-by-new-software

ajanta likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

This could cause a boom for the new found text industry. I wonder how many previously unknown works of Shakespeare will be discovered over the course of the next few decades. Would that be a bad thing?

ajanta and Plazma Inferno! like this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.