Something is going down...soon.

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Fen, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Fen Registered Senior Member

Have you looked at the stock market? Terrorism? I used to think it's all going down in a hundred years maybe, now I wonder about next Christmas.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Nah no problem.

But then this is a day-traders dream. Tomorrow will be up and many will make some nice profits from the emotions of others.

If you are a long term investor than don't panic, stay with stocks that have solid fundamentals and ignore the panic-mongers.

If you are experienced at short selling then you should be quite wealthy by now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Stock market goes up on average 7% per year. I can go up 40% one year and down 30% next. If you are in for long term the time is on your side.

Also any given year, the probability of bonds out performing stocks is 40%. Diversification is the key.

Real estate is hot right now. I don't think there is a real estate bubble. If you have any money, think about buying land or put it in some kind of real estate fund.

This bear market is actually good the the long term health of the stock market in general. It teaches investors valuable lessons and exposes fraudulent accounting practices.

Low stock price is good the economy. High stock price is not.

Eventually the stock price will reflect the fundamentals of the economy. It will bounce back.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

What god would have a drunken paladin?

8. Increan Sage Registered Senior Member

I really think it's sad the society is so much affected by the stock market.