Soul as parasite

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by MetaKron, Aug 28, 2006.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That explains nothing. If an illusion, then it is material and can be detected, yet, nothing has been detected.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

But if you are attached to an aversion, is that not a twisted form of desire?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That's all vey nice, sam, and I think those have been brought up before, but they don't answer my questions.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Even detectors can be detected.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The body is long since gone and only the head remains. Does the head therefore contain the soul?

9. VitalOne Banned Banned

you're right I wouldn't call it the soul though, its just like The Buddha says there is no soul that is the thinker of our thoughts, etc...that is the mind which is spiritual (as opposed to physical).

The true soul is unchanging, interminable, always remaining the same.

In the future consciousness or the soul will become a fact. Consciousness is made up of an ether-substance it uses the brain as a tool.

It is material, and will one day explain how the brain gains consciousness etc.....

Just give it a few 100 years

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I take it you know where the experiments were done.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure if there were experiments, however, magnetic resonance imaging should be able to detect those electromagnetic fields. Again, nothing, nada, ziltch.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, it's material? Why can't it be detected?

I think consciousness has already been shown to be a fact, the soul has not been shown at all.

What ether-substance do you refer, exactly?

Again, if material, we would have already detected it or its effects.

13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You're using too many negatives to be believed, Q. Not many people can dis a subject the way you do without revealing themselves that way. You're not one of them. I shall consider this contribution to be an uninformed guess.

14. VitalOne Banned Banned

It can and will be detected. The reason it hasn't is because science hasn't fully developed yet, there's lots of things we're unaware of, believe it or not.

The ether-substance is kind of electromagnetic but not really, its more like a scalar wave or longituditional wave that Nikola Tesla spoke of (as opposed to a Hertzian wave). It is like thought-energy. The physical brain reacts to the energy giving it ideas, images, etc....the better physical brain you have the more you can get out of it.

Those dreams you have aren't spontaneous like science says, when ideas pop into your head it also isn't spontaneous like science says.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Hehe, that's rich. Of course, you don't have to believe me at all, I could care less. Have you taken the time to find out for yourself? There is over 20 years of experimental evidence.

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Believe it or not. How about not?

Sounds like a lot of gibberish. I think Tom Bearden, kook extraordinaire, proposed scalar waves as a "new kind of electromagnetic wave" - one that of course hasn't yet been detected.

Okey-dokey.

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

And when I provide you with that evidence, you the one who acts like he knows that there is no evidence, will say that you already knew about such and such and it doesn't prove anything. Your definition of zero, zilch, and nada is different from mine. It is also inferior to mine.

18. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

we can't see it, but we can see it's effects.

if the body does not function, the soul can't express itself through the body.

if the head is alive, then that person should be conscious, so the soul does not go anywhere.

everything in the universe is made of the same kind of substance. you can call it spiritual or material.

the reason we can't detect everything with scientific tools is because the tools are yet primitive. with our mind (metaphysical tool) we can detect more ethereal things like mental waves.

when our senses evolve, we'll be able to see things we can't see now. for example, we'll be able to see through matter.

we see through things now too. we don't see air.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Ok, provide the evidence that souls exist. MRI's haven't found it, based on the assertion of electromagnetic fields.

20. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Why don't you provide the evidence that you have declared to be zero, zilch, and nada?

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, you're asking me to provide evidence that doesn't exist?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I know that there is a body of evidence that you are aware of that you have dismissed and that you pretend does not exist.

23. VitalOne Banned Banned

So you really believe that science is fully developed and knows everything there is to know? There's lots of missing gaps in science, if you believe science knows everything there is to know you're really mistaken

Yeah I admit it sounds like a lot of gibberish, I bet if I described zero-point energy before it was confirmed in science you would also say gibberish. Or how about if I stated some quantum concepts before they were confirmed in science, gibberish right?