Sounds of ghosts from abandoned insane asylum

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Magical Realist, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Oh goodie, there hasn't been a decent thread 'round here of the paranormal variety, in quite some time!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So, you are an atheist and yet you believe in ghosts. Did you read Schimmenti's comment in the article?
    Thought it was curious.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Yep..I believe in the paranormal. As to what causes it, I have no idea. Could be residual traces of the past. Could be actual entities. I don't know. Yes, I read the article. Did you listen to the clips? What do you think?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I forget the name of that movie.

Session 9?

8. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I could only access one of the links, Magical...the spaces in the article where the links should be are blank. :/

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I saw Session 9 with David Caruso. They were an asbestos cleaning crew cleaning out an old abandoned asylum and experience spooky paranormal activity. Good movie. But only a movie.

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I didn't take the time to listen, but it must have been ghost - there is no other explanations - except for the other explanations.

11. Balerion Banned Banned

Yep, you replaced one exercise in childish wish-thinking for another!

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I've seen plenty evidence of paranormal phenomena plus hundreds upon hundreds of eyewitness accounts. These audio recordings for example. The day they start catching God in photographs or in audio recordings I might reconsider his existence. But I don't see that as very likely.

13. Balerion Banned Banned

Like the rotating statue?

What you call "evidence for paranormal phenomena" isn't actually evidence. It's purported to be evidence, but nothing ever stands up to scientific inquiry. A recording of audio is no more evidence for the existence of ghosts or spirits or demons or whatever than what you see in a movie.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It's the same kind of evidence that would establish the existence of a new unknown species living in the wilderness. Noone dismisses it when video and audio supports the existence of these. But when it's ghosts? "Oh no..That's not evidence at all. It's all faked." lol!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  15. Balerion Banned Banned

It's nowhere near the same kind of evidence. For one, photos of purported new species tend to be clear, numerous, and accompanied by first-hand research. Paranormal "sightings" on the other hand tend to amount to strange noises or a blob of light in a photograph of an empty room. In other words, things that are far more rationally chalked up to glitches, digital artifacts, or misunderstandings of natural phenomena. And that's not even accounting for the countless fakes.

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Failsafe logic of the denialist: if the pic is unclear, it's probably lense flare or light effects. If the pic IS clear, then it's probably fake. IOW, no possibility of a pic of a ghost EVER!

Here's 29 of some of the best ghost pics ever taken. And remember, it really only takes one good one to confirm their existence.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghostphotos/ig/Best-Ghost-Photos/

17. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

This feels like déjà vu relating back to my spiritual orbs thread.

It's harder to "prove" through photography (as we've previously discussed) than audio recordings. Ah, but one must have an open mind.

lol

18. Balerion Banned Banned

LOL at the term "denialist." More like "rationalist."

Anyway, you're right. The point being, if a picture is all you can offer, it's because there's nothing really there.

It will take more than a picture.

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

A pic ISN'T all there is to offer. People have real experiences with ghosts all the time. Voices and footsteps in deserted buildings. Flashing lights and orbs. EVP's. Being touched or scratched or pushed by invisible forces. Objects moving on their own. Shadowfigures. Full body apparitions. Smells of cigar smoke and perfume. Electrically charged air. Cold spots that move around. So many people can't possibly be all crazy. But then they ARE because YOU happen to know for a fact that ghosts don't exist.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  20. Balerion Banned Banned

I know that people make the same claims about God, about UFOs, about gnomes and dragons and faeries and magic and secret societies and Noah's ark and so on and so on and so on. It has all the earmarks of every other superstition tbat has ever existed. You seem to have no problem applying this critcal eye to God and presumably most of the other things I've mentioned, but when it comes to the paranormal, you've decided mystery and faifh are preferrable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

If people turn up pics and recordings and amazingly consistent experiences of said entities I will certainly be open to it. But none of those you mentioned, except UFO's, comes anywhere close to that. But hey, it always helps to paint everything with broad strokes to avoid having to take the time to weed out the real from the imaginary.

22. Balerion Banned Banned

There are no amazingly consistant experiences in regards to the supernatural. It's all over the map. The similarities are typically superficial, when they aren't obviously manufactured.

People make and always have made claims about fake things.

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I gave you a list of consistent eyewitness experiences of the paranormal. This points to the existence of a real phenomena. Thousands of people making shit up aren't going to come up with same exact experiences over and over again.