Space is made of ?

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Billybs, Oct 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Sometimes?? Seriously ALL the time SCIENTISTS (not science) expect a explanation which makes sense and backed up with evidence from testing and/or step by step details of the thought processes

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Your perspective of space is wrong. Space is permittive of all dynamical movement by all forms of energy and matter. Space is a collection of "fields".

BillyBs said,
    a) Space is glass, a transparent solid.

BUT,
    By your argument space could be concrete because muons can pass right through concrete. Therefore space is concrete??? Wrong!
    Solids only allow movement of subatomic paricles.

OTOH,
    https://www.insidescience.org/news/spacetime-may-be-slippery-fluid

b) Space is a transparent fluid. Fluidity allows for movement of both particles and waves.
    The viscosity of spacetime restricts velocity of light to SOL or "c".

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. exchemist Valued Senior Member

How do you imagine planets move through a solid like glass, at speeds of over 10km per second? Or do you contend they do not move?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I can't imagine why that might be.

8. Billybs Banned Banned

Have not really though about how they move , I suppose the initial force of the creation of the universe had some involvement .

9. Billybs Banned Banned

Very funny sarcasm .

10. Billybs Banned Banned

Space is a variation of comparisons , you could compare to concrete if you like but I like my version .
    Just because you don't like my notion , it doesn't mean it isn't true , I've an open mind and I have the freedom to speak my opinion .

11. Billybs Banned Banned

I thought I had presented it well and it was quite kind of me to care about presenting a different version than the standard models .

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

So do I, but regardless of the logic used, it must rest on a solid scientific premise.

Comparisons of transparency has nothing to do with spacetime. It is the physical properties of spacetime which are permittive of movement or not.

Spacetime is not a solid like glass, it has no physical properties other than having fluid properties, a requirement for transmission of a large range of wave functions.

13. Billybs Banned Banned

I hate comparisons but sometimes that is all we've got to think with sometimes . I think space itself is made of no thing but contains things such as the "glass" comparative I mentioned that is , could be, an assumed ether that emitted light propagates through .

14. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

You have thought wrong in every post you have made in this thread

I am reposting a previous post. Please re-read as I have highlighted what I think you should concentrate on and while OK to give yourself a pat on the back for being kind. Science would prefer sensibility

Sometimes?? Seriously ALL the time SCIENTISTS (not science) expect a explanation which makes sense and backed up with evidence from testing and/or step by step details of the thought processes

So having re-read care to try again about what space is?

15. Billybs Banned Banned

Well I can only share my thoughts in my own way because my brain doesn't work the same as your brain as no two brains are alike . Before I thought about this I'd not really thought about presentation , that doesn't seem to difficult thought . I will get back to you later on , on this subject . I shall think how to present the argument better .

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Uninformed opinions on physics are useless and mock the serious task of science.

17. Billybs Banned Banned

Interesting but I suspect more bs science from you in the fact that you haven't mentioned any physics or given proof of any physics. Are you suggesting there couldn't be an existence of a type of Higg's field?

18. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Right, well, I submit that the fact we observe them to move, very fast but each at a different speed, must mean that space is not a solid medium such as glass.

So that, I think disposes of your original question.

19. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I note the references to repeated bs.

Just tell me, is it by any chance your opinion that QM is poop?

20. Billybs Banned Banned

No , quantum mechanics is not as you put it "poop". It is perhaps written in a way that people can't always understand but some science minded type people can understand. Just read any Wiki article and it isn't understandable to ordinary folk who perhaps just want look something up. Then of course there is the type of " pop science" videos on YouTube etc which might be easy to understand but not necessarily science facts as wiki tries to project.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No.

22. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Good, always useful with a weirdo to find out the extent of the weirdness.

So, what's all this rubbish about glass, then? I presume from your previous reply to me that you don't actually mean glass in the sense of solid vitreous SiO2, but rather some sort of tenuous aether. Would that be right?

23. Billybs Banned Banned

I think you understand what I am saying .

Additionally added , consider walking , we ourselves traverse through space .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.