Spacecraft made of light

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by youreyes, Oct 15, 2014.

1. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

I theorize that the future spacecrafts and I am talking here thousands of years into the future, will be made out of light. The people inside this spacecraft will use their body in a very ergonomic way and gravity inside this spacecraft will vary in accordance to the needs of the person. The spacecraft itself will create the required impulse to propel itself through space and will have no mass at all. The power could potentially be from antimatter or from the person sitting inside the craft through some sort of enhancing mechanism that amplifies the thoughts.

Now you can take my concept of future or leave it, but the prehistoric concepts for such a spacecraft have already been laid out in our century. These concepts are:

Balancing Cube with flywheel inside:

http://www.gizmag.com/cubli-balancing-cube-robot/30228/

Frozen Light for one minute:

http://io9.com/scientists-freeze-light-for-an-entire-minute-912634479

Now as for the power source this is where science has not developed fully yet, even though antimatter annihilation and cold fusion seem to be the ways to go

Now I doubt these spacecraft utilize some sort of modified Alcubiere drive, but more of a hyperdimensional way of travel. I am referring to Heim Theory of course: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heim_theory

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

This is in the wrong section since this is nothing but pure speculation with no basis in fact. You should have put this in science fiction or alternate theories.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd think that we would be able to open and control worm holes in order to travel through space in the future for then you don't need a spaceship at all.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

what would i need a spacecarft for ?
    if using light, there's no need.

also look at K-pax movie.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why won't we teleport ourselves with our minds? I mean, as long as we are just making shit up.

9. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Because teleporting with our minds concept requires many underlying technologies and physics to work. Quantum teleportation of individual photons is hardly a proof of concept.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

|| Thread moved to "Alternative Theories". Redirect expires in 1 day.