Spirituality and Your Health

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by truestory, Dec 20, 1999.

1. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Flash,

No - I'd never mock you. But I don't think you should be pressured into sharing something you don't want to share at this time, for whatever reason. If and when you decide you'd like to share it, there are those of us who'd love to hear it, and who wouldn't mock you.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    I was just giving an example... ok, let's go this route... what makes you think that the god/goddess ect... are not real? What of the wiccan experiences..(Skye, help me out here if you can

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)
    are you trying to imply that they are not real?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Flash Registered Senior Member

Searcher,
    Hey..I really appreciate that. That means a lot..really does

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

I think you've got it backwards... I have never denied the existence of certain forces of nature which Skye personifies as gods and goddesses.

Skye is the one who is denying the existence of God.

I am still waiting for:

No pressure.

8. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

True, Flash,

Okay, let me say a bit...

True, you are close, but I'm not actually denying the existance of your God. I do have to say "your God" because as I have explained, my god is also referred to by that name. Read any Wiccan text, you will see that there as well. (Capitalized)

What I am denying is that your God, the Christian God, is what he is percieved to be by the Christian faith. I don't believe he is THE god, the ONLY god. I think he is one of many, but for some reason the monotheistic religions ignore the rest of them. YOU belive he is the only god, I don't.

Maybe it'll help if I explain my perceptions of dieties a little better?

The God & Goddess are but personifications of the two polar opposites of the "All" (for lack of a better term), the male and female. I believe this force, the All, is a non-thinking, non aware force. Like gravity, magnatism, etc. No personality, no thought, just pure power. Us humans can't deal very well with such a non-tangible, indescribable thing. So we personify it, and divide it in half, to reflect what we are familiar with. It is reinforced, over and over and over, generation after generation, which is the origin of the God & Goddess. This isn't a strictly Wiccan belief, I might add, this is my own understanding of the universe. The God and Goddess are like buckets of power. They are powerful symbols, and the do exist, but they are not human in nature, they are energy. This is the same energy that makes up our souls. By invoking the Goddess in a ritual, I am dipping my spoon into that bucket of power. It doesn't matter if I call Her Diana, or Goddess, or Mother Nature, it is the intent of my spell that makes the difference, not the name I call that bucket. That doesn't mean that's the only bucket! The Christians see one sexless God. So they create a bucket and put all that energy into it, and call that bucket Lord, God, etc.

9. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

Flash,

<CENTER><TABLE><TR><TD WIDTH="500"><FONT SIZE="1">QUOTE:
    <HR><FONT SIZE="1">ISDAMan,
    The devil????? LOL yeah, yeah, yeah... Being open to the Spirit of Truth brings about focus IF one is willing to reflect and receive the truth. There is nothing evil about that. The "I want...I need...I require..praise and worship...tell me how great of a "god" I am equals ego. It just can't get any clearer than that now...can it?!?!?!?!? </FONT><HR></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE></CENTER>

Your view would advocate a person gazing out to spend all of his time staring at a single plop of doo doo in a field full of God's beautiful flowers. Why bother with the refuse of man when there's Perfection calling out to you?

Be still and know that He is God
    ISDAMan

10. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Perhaps I will...maybe soon.. I'll get back to ya on it

ISDAMan,

huh???? LMAO... The only plop of doo doo
    is the one you are buying into..oops..did I say that?

I HAVE found perfection... YOU may not see it that way..but this is only due to the limitations you have set for yourself

11. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Where have you found perfection?

12. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Perhaps the only perfection is to be found in imperfection, for perfection can breed stagnation, as all progress halts. An imperfect world is forever attempting to perfect itself, while a perfect world has nothing to do. As perfection lapses into decay, improvements are needed and it becomes imperfect again and begins the cycle anew. I prefer the world perfectly imperfect.

13. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    The Spirit of Truth

14. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Ok...I was taught that he didn't.. and I
    believe the Spirit of Truth

15. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Sorry... I'm not quite sure that I follow?

16. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    This...