sponatneous combustion...

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Agent@5, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

I heard about this, and i couldnt belive it.... how does it happen? I psoe i should go and read something on it..... meanwhile does anyone know?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

pardon me

***singing**

So pardon me while I burst into flames.

I was having a look in book and I saw a picture of a guy fried up above his knees. I said "man i can relate, cuz lately i've thinking of combusting..."

excuse me if thats wrong, i'm listening to a different song at the moment and this is hard to do!

Do a search on google. Personally, I believe it is possible for people to start on fire, but maybe not in the way that the term "spontaneous human combustion" implies. That sounds so violent! I'm sure it can (and has) happen(ed), but perhaps maybe not spontaneously. DUnno. Scary, i hope i'm safe.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

There are multiple theories for such events, although they don't occur that often.

One is just down to chemistry and what chemicals the body produces through it's sweat glands.

Another is a bit more phsyical that utilises Parallel worlds in a multiworlds environment and is to do with the misalignment of quanta on multiple world layers. (This can cause the spike of quanta to cause an almost Radioactive effect from a multiworlds perception. although it's actually "Fusion")

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

http://skepdic.com/shc.html

An urban legend, it seems.

So it seems that one can easily destroy a corpse by lighting it on fire, but not that humans are up and bursting into flames on a regular basis.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!