Star Trek vs Warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by ricrery, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

This thread is very close to being closed. If this type of worthless rant continues, including insults, I will close it without hesitation.

Grow up and discuss... We aren't here to argue... you can do that on your own time, to people in real life if you wish.

This goes for everyone.

Enough Said

Tristan

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

Please, by all means, do close it. It was started by ricrery who I've seen arguing this same way on this ST vs SW youtube page so anyone who wants to put up with his nonsense can just go there.

I vote to have it closed and deleted. I respect this site as being a serious, yet fun exchange of sci-fi related discussion, not some child's personal playground for spewing hater comment and then having swearing temper tantrum attacks when somebody disagrees.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF G-D, close this thread, this guy recr has been insulting everyone here for the past half dozen days, look at page 1
    - Recrey
    - Recrey page 2

Recrey page 2

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

yep... close and delete. Nobody else should see the ridiculous lower-level intelligence some people are capable of.

8. ricrery Banned Banned

"These ships were armed with 4 heavy torpedo launch tubes; 24 point-defense laser cannons, rated at 6 megatons per shot; and 12 quad turbolaser turrets, each rated at a maximum of 200 gigatons per shot.

Groups of these ships could perform a "Base Delta Zero", an orbital bombardment that would exterminate all life on the planet. The later Acclamator II-class could also serve as star frigates to support their landing groups. In addition to ground landings, Acclamator-class ships were capable of water landings, as displayed at the Battle of Mon Calamari.

The sensor and communications suites were located at the front of the ship's command tower.

The hull armor of Acclamator-class vessels was impregnated with ultra-dispersive neutronium that withstood and spread massive energy blasts. Fusion rockets fired by enemy forces barely made a scratch on the hull as a result."

200 gigatons per turbolaser on 1 30 year old transport ship? That's more than the entire Federation can dish out! One transport ship solos ST and that isn't a joke!

9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Ric, if you are honestly trying to redeem yourself, give it a rest. I still stand by the fact that I wont have a debate with a child.

10. ricrery Banned Banned

You have lost sir, because ST ships can't even deliver gigatons, maybe many of them combined can, but it's not anywhere near 200 gigatons. SW >>> ST

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yeah i know I thought the minumim intelligence for humaniods was 3(sorry roleplaying joke)

12. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Ric, first off not only is that conversation totally false and off subject, your not off the hook.

Besides the fact that ive gone to wookiepedia and looked up turbolasers and nowhere does it say that turbolasers use plamsa or are nearly as powerful as you claim.

And the hull of your ships not only defy physics but are also impossibly weak.

Take the fight against grievouses ship, starts falling out of orbit, so what does Anakin do? He activates hundreds of air brakes, and the air brakes rip the ship in half, the funny part? THERE WAS NO GOD DAMNED AIR!!!

13. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

This is how idiotic you have always shown yourself to be. This is Trek vs Warhammer so why are you mentioning SW?

14. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Because he firmly believes not only that what wookipedia says is second to the word of G-d, but that he is on the winners side even when hes losing badly, he needs to quit while hes behind

15. ricrery Banned Banned

Lol, are you on crack or something? Base Delta Zero requires one ship to scourge a planet through firepower, compare that to 80 ships having to do chain reactions! Plus compare the Feds to SW.... 300 worlds vs hundreds of millions of worlds. ST is fucked, and that is the truth. Act delusional all you want, but SW will laugh at ST. It will one shot your ships. Hilariously in one episode 200 gigawattes of LASER energy that isn't even near 200 gigatons of LASER energy. ST is absolutely pathetic compared to SW. Give up and leave.

16. ricrery Banned Banned

Hey did you know ANY Sci-Fi with FTL travel defies psychics? Besides your ships couldn't even scratch the paint of a ISD. Maybe your ships could fight with Tie-Fighters without losing but that's all you can fight.

17. ricrery Banned Banned

Did I mention Darth Malak ordered a planet to be destroyed without the DS. Give it up!

18. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

Thats funny you should say that. I think the falcon drove up to the back of an ISD tower and landed on it... and I think it scratched the paint. No weapons needed.

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

or maybe you delusional and quite frankly bordering on psychotic child you should stay on topic not that it would matter because you have pretty much ensured no one gives a fuck what you have to say.

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

scifi defies psychics? how? and actually a hispanic physicist has laid the theoretical ground work for warp speed travel FTL

21. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

I... was gonna say something. I just didn't. I had to ponder the idea that the fastest or shortest from point A to point B is a straight line and whether warping, bending, folding space, essentially altering the distance between them is truly traveling faster. 'In less time' isn't always faster, but thats a whole other discussion.

22. ricrery Banned Banned

Are you trying to say that Warp speed is possible let alone realistic? There have been Trekkies who stated ST technology will become real... you honestly can't agree with them... one said that time travel will work too like in First Contact.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Is this a joke?

23. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

lol no of course not.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!