Star Wars The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by darksidZz, Dec 28, 2017.

?

Did you like The Last Jedi?

Poll closed Feb 16, 2018.
  1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Haven't seen it yet

33.3%
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I thought it was horribly written, lacked creativity, plot, character development and fun. Instead it was boring, someone behind me fell asleep, felt totally off in atmosphere, seemed to me acting was just awful.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

I don't have all the canon baggage, so I wasn't outrages every time a Tie fighter wasn't portrayed "correctly."

For reference, I have an extension collection of Hammer films and ALL the Gojira movies. (I don't complain when they say he's "Fifty meters tall" and the ten storey buildings barely come up to his ankle.)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

It was a good movie. It is rather funny how some hyper fans are so upset. I think someone should tell them that these are just movies we are talking about.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Huge tantrum from True Believers in 5, 4, 3, ...

8. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I would have had Luke defeat Snoke and Rey fight kylo for the ending.

9. Jamie Lee Registered Member

It was okay. I expected a lot because the previous film was damn near perfect. This iteration felt slightly goofy, with some very bizarre plot points and humour.

Regardless, I still enjoyed it immensely.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I found the plot both contrived and dull. (One would think you wouldn't easily get that combination. If it's contrived, then why would they contrive to make it dull?)

That would have been heretical to a younger me - I am a big fan - but I actually found myself rolling my eyes every time the story came back around to "The Voyage of the Damned" plotline.

11. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I haven't seen it but have watched a lot of YouTube reviews. Asked my son what he thought and his opinions changed after he had time to digest the movie. I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD and feel no urgency to see it now.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yeah, now they are just movie products. Used to be works of cinematic art. Some people see the difference.

13. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

There are still cinematic works of art, but there was never a comic book movie that was a cinematic work of art. It's holding the source material to an unreasonable standard to expect to get a work of art out of that pig's ear.