Star Wars vs. Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by hotsexyangelprincess, Jun 30, 2004.

?

Who would win?

1. Star Wars

39 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Star Trek

35 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

and if you guys ever watched Enterprise, you'll have noticed the one aliens that had the small probe, and it burnt off a chunk of florida. now since enterprise is chronologically first, then that means hundreds of years have passed, and they could have made a bigger ship that would be as strong as the death star, but smaller. :m:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

SW has no defense against transporters since no one has that technology.
    Also, the Enterprise is just one ship in just one class of ships. I still think the star destroyer would have little chance.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Well, the Empire's ships all have shields, and its well-known that you can't transport through them. And like I said, transporters are pitifully easy to block. Heck, there are plenty of examples in which things like mineral deposits in caves have blocked transporters.
    I can't count the number of times that I've heard the enterprisse referred to as 'the pride of starfleet' or something similar in various startrek episodes. Also, there have been several shows in which the Enterprise was shown along with large numbers of other starships, and the Enterprise always seems to be the biggest.

Star destroyers are much larger and more massive than federation ships, were originally designed to fight smaller ships (since when they were designed there weren't any other similarly-sized ships), and are totally dedicated to war – unlike the federation ships. Why, specifically, do you think that much smaller and presumably weaker Federation ship would stand a chance?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Funny thing about the transporters, in real life they'd be unblockable.
    Ahy are you assuming that only the Federation would be in the battle? You seem to be presuming ground rules that have not yet been agreed upon.

8. Nasor Valued Senior Member

No, I'm just saying that the Federation would be little more than a speedbump for the Empire.

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

besides.. you can't compete with the Imperial March.. that is one hell of a meldey.. I once proposed it to be our national anthem.

10. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

where do you live?

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

12. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

oh, so there your voice is actually heard. not here in america. :m:

13. Nasor Valued Senior Member

It's not really fair to compare the Empire and the Federation. The Federation is part of a relatively new civilization; the humans and most of the other races in it have only had space travel for a few hundred years. The Empire, on the other hand, is from a vast and very ancient civilization. No one knows how old it really is, but the Old Republic supposedly lasted for over a thousand years, and many of the races are apparantly much older than it is. Obviously they're much more advanced.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  14. Jolonar Being of intellect. Registered Senior Member

Star Trek wins, allways, well, not always.

15. genteel Registered Senior Member

I have to vote star trek. There is more aliens, more glitz, more detail, and a better story line. Star Wars was good, but basically about life. It's about war.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:m:

16. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

i think you got those the wrong way around

:m:

17. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

this thread needs to end. its gone on way too long, b/c we all know that star trek has won. :m:

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

19. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

whoa. someone put too much thought into this. :m:

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

hotsexyangelprincess : actually star WARS won

nah nah

21. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

22. genteel Registered Senior Member

Were we talking about the movie or series?

23. SchonLueckPikar Registered Member

I'm not saying, Star Trek would definitively win...but I'd like to point out some things concerning battles between Empire- and Federation-Ships:

The Federation-Ships would not even need to use their main shield-system...the navigational deflector, primary used for protection against stellar material also nullifies incoming Laser-Blasts, as seen in the episode "The outrageous Okona" of "ST: Next Generation".

Someone asked about Federation Ships and Auto-Fire...
    Yup, they've got something like this. In case of an attack by many small fighters, the phaser arrays of Federation Ships can fire "independantly".
    When you see a Federation Ships fire its phasers on an opponent, usually the phaserbeam is "charged" of the entire lenght of the array, focused on a specific point and then released on the enemy vessel, in a relatively long burst. BUT there were situations, when Ships fired short bursts from multiple arrays simultaneously in order to defend against many smaller ships.
    Combined with the main computer taking over the fire-control-system, I don't think Tie-Fighers or Tie-Bombers stand a chance against Federation-Ships.

Star Destroyers are REALLY sluggish behemoths. The Sovereign-Class Ship of the Feds is the most powerful ships at their hands...still it is fast and agile. It would circle around a SD and bombard it with phaser bursts and quantum torpedoes (Yes, Star Trek torpedoes HAVE a guidance system. They can home in on a target, they can be fired in bursts, they can be used as mines, even the yield can be specified before launching them).
    Sorry...but I think SD are just to slow and would fall to Federation Ships like large mammals to a group of tigers.

Oh..and the droid army? In the left corner: 10.000 Battle Droids!
    *The dark side may applaud now!"
    And in the right corner: Mr. Dataaa!

"Hey, Data?"
    "Yes?"
    "One of the droids kicked Spot and said Tasha was a slut!"
    *DeadlySilence*
    End of the droid army 10 seconds later!