Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Radek D'Vorak Registered Member

Really, I recently reread it an didn't find any indication of that. :bugeye:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i will check agan but i am sure i rember him talking about the ability to wipe out life instently (or maybe it was in jedi knight, was reading it at the same time as playing the game so it might have been there)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. oedipus I enjoy fecal matter Registered Senior Member

since my baby left me
    i found a new place to dwell....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

......its down at the end of jabroni drive, the Smackdown Hotel.

Anypne else seen episode 2 yet? Star Wars would win because of Yoda, he is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!! Or little green creature, anyway he is deffinetely the best fighter.

8. oedipus I enjoy fecal matter Registered Senior Member

yoda was awesome,
    though i hated the fact that anikan repeatedly got his ass kicked, he is supposed to be awesome, but no he gets knackerd!
    oh well im not that dissatisfied

9. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

THe only reason why Anakin got his ass handed to him was because Obi Wan kept holding him back. Anakin IS THE MAN! He kicked serious butt in that movie, and would of done so more harshly had Obi Wan not held him back.

Anakin would kill Yoda. I dont care if he can levitate an entire starship, Anakin would still whoop him!

10. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

NO WAY DUDE, seriously. Anakin was cool but Yoda was better. Even though I think in the third movie Anakin will be like a god....

11. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Although he doesnt have the same ass kicking factor of Yoda and Anakin, Mace Windu is still pretty cool. Purple light sabers rule!

12. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Yeah, didn't he take out like a couple million in pay just to have one?

And tell me this....didn't you think his robotic hand looked stupid in the end?

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Yes it did. He should've had one like Luke's, at the end of ESB, they could've tested it for nostalgia-ish purposes.

14. trekaida Registered Member

Star Trek Ships are waaay faster than Star War's Ships.

The Millenium Falcon (the fastest ship in their galaxy) can go hyperspace (light speed) level 5. In the Star Trek the normal cruising speed of the Enterprise NCC 1701D in warp factor 5 (5 light speeds). The applicable maximum speed is at warp factor 9.9 for 10 minutes (the engine automatically shuts down). None of the ships in Star Wars can battle in hyperspace. When the Enterprise met the Borg (with the help of the god-like powers of "Q") the Enterprise fired their photon torpedo at the cube at warp factor 9 (possibly the cube can go faster with its transwarp capibilities). Although the Enterprise fail to destroy the Borg cube (self regeneration), I do not think any of the Star Wars ship have anything to match the speed of Star Trek's ships. Furthermore, I do not think that the Star Wars' technology can defend itself against the "Picard Manuver." A federation ship accelerates to warp speed and for an instant appears to be in two places simultaneously. The federation ship fires at the opponent who is fooled in thinking that the federation ship is in the same place (only if the opponent is using light speed sensor, oh yeah Star Wars ship can't fight in light speed).

Source: "The Star Trek Encyclopedia, A Reference Guide to the Future"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Skull Registered Senior Member

i haven't had a chance to read all the post but i have only one thing to say"Q"

John deLancie doesn't feel anyone should have the force anymore...

16. Firefly Registered Senior Member

I don't particualrly like either.

17. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Speed is a difference. I don't know enough to talk about that, but Star Destroyers are designed optimum for their speed. Someone mentioned that hyper is faster than warp.

The thing I see is weapons. The Enterprise, from what I know, has two phasers and four torpedo tubes all facing forwards(like all the ships, Except I think the one in Enterprise has some facing backwards). A Star Destroyer has, last I knew, fourteen turbolaser turrets spread along that wedge, along with the TIEs and smaller weapons for point defense. What is the armament for a Supre Star Destroyer? I won't speculate on the Death Star. And don't forget, Star Wars ships generally have armor as well as shields, Star Trek ships only have shields. And Star Trek has shuttle craft, not designed for battle, whereas TIEs and a/b/x/y wings were purpose made. The phasers don't do much good if they're where you can't shoot at them.

Something I don't get is that both universes ignore nuclear weapons. It seems to me that a good 50Kt nuke would cause the Enterprise serious problems. A fighter-size craft could carry several. From what I've seen in Star Wars, They pretty much ignore missile and torpedo systems.

18. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Right, even though I voted for Star Wars. Star Trek would kick butt. Star Fleet does have fighters, I remember a fleet in DS9 fighting a joint Cardassian/Dominion fleets. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Marquis also have fighters.
    In first contact, that wasn't all of Star Fleets ships, that was all that could reach them in time. Star Fleets influence is huge, though not as big as the Borg's. But the Borg aren't all powerful, their queen died in First Contact.
    Star Wars has sheer numbers. Rebel fighters did have shields but Imperial fighters didn't. They don't see the honour in shields.
    Phasers can only target one target at a time. A Stormtrooper Blaster can clear out a whole roomful of people in the time it takes a phaser to kill someone.
    Star Trek has disruptors that disintergrate people, which isn't always a bad thing.
    Star Treks big ships should only engage big ships like the Cruisers and Star Destroyers and leave the fighters to the fighters.
    Kilngons boarding the Death Star and slaughterin everyone, don't make me laugh. They prefer close combat. That means easy pickings for the Stormtroopers.
    No-one has even mentioned Boba Fett yet. Send him out to kill Picard.
    Does Star Trek actually have any armies? Star Wars has the clone army, the droid army, the Jedi council, Stormtroopers, the Gungans and to the lesser extends, the Ewoks.
    Heres a question, who'd win: A red shirt or a Stormtrooper?

19. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Actually if I recall correctly (and I do) on ST Voyager they managed to use Strip sleam technology a few times. Especially towards the end of the series.

20. Firefly Registered Senior Member

Thought it was Slip stream?

21. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Yeah that its. Slip stream a minor miss spelling, i shouldnt have answered that question before I had my 8 cups of coffee this morning.

22. Skull Registered Senior Member

ok, i just re-watched 'attackof the clones' & although i do prefer Starwars. Startrek would have to be the thinking persons sci-fi(between the two). Why thinking persons? it's straight out confrontationalism verse problem solving.

Starwars:

1)if a droid or anakin can't fix it... it can't be fixed
    2)if the force(diplomacy) can't solve it, aggressive negotiations ensue
    3)if a phaser can't solve it, a jedi can
    3a)if a jedi can't solve it, the galaxy is gone
    4)if a droid can't increase power/shields/power, your doomed
    5)no-one knows whos in control(senate, emperor, etc)
    6)Panics at the thought of war 'jedi are not the army of the republic'.
    7)has hyperdrive(travel to alderan takes time)
    8)if you loose your way the force shall guide you, cause the force is better than technology(luke destroys the deathstar)
    --------------
    No transporters
    No food replicators
    No translators
    No holodeck
    No paresi squares

Startrek:

1)Scotty can fix it, Geordie can fix it, wesley can fix it, Torres can fix it.
    2)need to solve it, spock can, data can, odo can, tuvok can and any number of the other quick thinking starfleet officers and/or personel
    3)and if they can't solve it, refer to prime directive and get the hell out of there.
    4)see-1
    5)The captain's in control, when not in control, follow the chain of command.
    6)has embraced war, kingons, romulans, borg, jem'hada(&kicked butt)
    7)Warp10 experiment placed Paris everywhere at once, so speed is a non issue(once perfected).
    7a)actually warp 13 or 14 reached in final episode(sttng) by capt riker resquing an aged picard from the singularity.
    8)if you loose your way, technology shall show the way(ion trails etc) & if that doesn't work, go back to the beginning of the event and ask spock, wesly, data or tuvok to work it out.
    ------------------
    No nerf herders
    No Jarjar
    No deathstar
    No kiwi's(see Clones)

Put simply, X-wing v Delta Flyer...
    i know which one i want to own(x-wing), but i also know which vehicle i'd prefer to be in, in a battle.

23. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Yeah x-wings are cool and id love to own one. But we all know that the Delta Flyer would win that battle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.