Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Dear Eris no. You used a Jar Jar phrase. You have sunk real low

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I am in class right now SO WHATS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN!?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I know, I know. I'm standing on my head in China right now...

Counsler mind if I ask but what time zone do you live in? What class are you in, just explain 'cause I don't get it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Im going to Louisville Technical Institute right now, im in night class its 8:46pm. Im here to learn Mya or quark or whatever to become a graphic designer.

AND ANOTHER THING! The poll said that i had voted for star trek, i wish to retract that vote and vote for farscape, is that possible Pollux? Can you do that for me?

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Sounds like you know your stuff lol...

*funkadilly tauren voice* DONE!!

9. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Thank you because Farscape kicks ass. Do you except bribs?

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

11. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

No response to anime?

12. oedipus I enjoy fecal matter Registered Senior Member

damnit pollux post "dune" up there.

13. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

All Dune is is sand. Hence the name DUNE! sand.

Vote for farscape.

14. AriKorden Registered Member

Actually I know the answer.
    Star Wars was a long time ago in a galaxy far away. Star Trek is the future. Obviously the Borg are on their way here from the Star Wars galaxy. They have already assimilated SW and head now for our descendants. And not only that but at the end (movie) there is only one Jedi in the galaxy. SO the borg would easily pick luke off. He was barely a jedi anyways.

15. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Has this thread been brought back to life? Why yes, it has!!! Here it was we thought it was all dead (and man is it old)... Come one people, and the n00bs, post and share your ideas. Muwhahahahah *Evil Hitler Grin*

16. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

*cough cough*
    I would definitely have voted for Stargate, IF IT WAS THERE!.

I know you haven't put it there on purpose; you knew that almost everybody would be voting for Stargate.

But anyway, since it wasn't there, I voted for Star Treck. Ummm if I recall correctly, there's no Star Wars warship that has ANY kinds of shields... Jees, nothing could be easier than getting one laser beam (or whatever they shoot with) into a star wars ship, blowing it up immediately. The sophisticated locking systems on the Enterprise or Voyager would not miss a single shot on the enemy ships. Not to mention the more advanced races shown on Star Treck Voyager--not the borg, but other races (of which the names I have forgotten). Heck, even the Federation developed a time transportation device, with which they were able to go back in time after five centuries, making the Voyager a VERY primitive spaceship... I think you people get my point.

And please, don't get me explaining why the Stagrate universe would kick butt. Having the Gould, Nox, or even the Asguard... It would be "what the-- AHHH!!"... then nothing from the Star Wars ships.

I hope you get my point

17. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

By the way, I don't recall any show named Spaceballs...

18. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Alien, this is a ST vs. SW thread, not a whole all out battle, but say the word and I could throw it up there. If I want to.

Okay let's leave it like this, the federation vs. the empire. Who would win? No alien influence at all, just good old Earth ships against other Earth ships... or at least look like Earth ships. No 8472, no Borg, no Scarrens, no Nox, none of that crap. Just Earth vs Earth.

19. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

Your poll says: Which universe would win?

I persume that takes into consideration not only humans, but other species as well, since the word is "universe".

But sure: Star Treck humans vs. Star Wars humans; I still believe that the Federation would kick butt. Recall the episode (if you have seen it) in which the federation developed time travel technology. There was a MUCH more advanced spaceship than the Voyager. That ship could go back or forward in time any 'time' it wants.

20. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

Dune Universe would win. Heighliners would be about the size of the death star, and if they mounted weapons. I mean, if the houses decided to do lasgun on your shields... If you ever read Dune you would know. So Dune would win. Fremen would kick storm trooper ass any day.:m:

21. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Alien, I put stargate in, I hope your happy. I also put one vote in to represent you.

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Vote 17 more times for me please!!

Alien, Spaceballs is a spoof film

The main ships were Spaceball 1 (which could transform into a maid with a vacuum cleaner) and the Winnebago (is that right, I'm not trailer trash you see

) with wings. That's about it...

23. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Thor, I am going to kill you one day.

Well, I believe that the PeaceKeepers from farscape would win. If you haven't seen a full command carrier, with frag cannons, then you haven't seen anything. Also Tayln kicks butt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.