STAR WARS

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Bezzle, Feb 20, 2000.

1. Bezzle Registered Senior Member

I like leia

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ltcmmdr Registered Senior Member

I like Darth Maul and Queen Amidala.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I liked Governor Tarkin. So "in-control"...

I also like Old Ben Kenobi, probably for the same reason, although his control is flavored with wisdom.

Either that or I just have a thing for older guys...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

i just got back from bezzles house when he wrote that, and well, i like leia too, i want her to give me a lap dance, jsut like she did to jabba...aaaaawwwwwww

------------------
    when christianity ruled the world, it was called the dark ages.

-dexter (nimrod242 :aol sn)

8. Rambler Senior Member Registered Senior Member

What do you guys think of Phantom Menace???
    I was utterly disappointed. I know it had alot to live upto but really all I saw was an excersise in marketing. It was a 2 hr or so advertisment for all the great games and toys that will follow. That whole digi character (what ever his name was) just ruined the whole thing. I could have forgiven the advertising and marketing (cause the fight scenes were cool) but the stupid big eared mother f#$ker just killed it.

I love the original 3 I hope to god that the next 2 will be better.

P.S. Princess Leia:Grrrrrrrrooowwwwwwlllll!!

------------------
    work to LIVE...don't live to WORK.

9. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

To reiterate my stance on the whole deal, Phantom Menace is just a set-up for the whole epic. If it would have come out first, nobody would have been interested enough to see the others. Lucas picked the juciest parts and threw them out to us first. The Menace had problem because nobody in it was recognized as a Star Wars character except for R2D2 and C3P0. I admit, it was just another sci-fi movie until they showed up. Then I knew I was watching Star Wars. The next 2 movies probably won't be much better because we will see very few characters that we recognize.

The big-eared muthah you refer to is Jar-Jar Binks, the biggest waste of digital animation I have ever seen.

------------------
    I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.

10. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

i really hope that they get better, i personally think they will, geworge lucas has gotten soft. but i cant wait to see the one about the clone wars.

------------------
    when christianity ruled the world, it was called the dark ages.

-dexter (nimrod242 :aol sn)

11. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I think that any further Star Wars movies that come out won't ever capture the magic of the first three, unless they take place, chronologically, afterwards. We already know what happens. Anything that takes place before the original movie is a sci-fi history lesson, or else a trivia barrage for devotees of the original story.

I enjoyed the Phantom Menace, but then again I'm a weirdo who goes to see movies for entertainment. I wasn't wowed by it, but it was a good way to spend an afternoon. Still, I have played Star Wars RPG sessions that were more dramatic, more engrossing, and way more exciting. (It was especially exciting when two other players were having an argument by the reactor core of Star Destroyer. One was threatening to blow the ship to hell if the other didn't apologize for a callous remark. My character, a wanted felon, had fled with various crew members after the ship was ordered abandoned (it was doomed to explode anyway, the only question was when...) and wound up sitting at a shuttle, having lost his chance for a lifepod. Poor me, I had no "shuttle pilot" skill...) I recommend the Star Wars RPG, particularly if you're lucky enough to have a creative GM.

------------------
    I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.