Stargate 200

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by CounslerCoffee, Aug 19, 2006.

1. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

The 200th episode of Stargate SG-1 aired tonight. It was an awesome clip show of original footage.

O'Neil back? Puppets? The Farscape reference? The wedding? The references? The jump the shark reference? The ending?

Don't tell me you didn't think it was awesome.

Anyways. Out to a bar in t-minus eight minutes.

Commentary here.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vega Banned Banned

I just seen the 204th episode of SG-1 yesterday !!
    man you got some catching up to do!

The baal clone gang comes into the picture...they seem to know where merlins's secret weapon at?....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Where are you, Vega, that you're 4 weeks ahead of us in America where the show is produced?

I am sorry to tell you that I did not think it was awesome. It was amusing but it was not up to par and it was definitely not worthy of the celebration of a milestone. The companion episode of Atlantis was not much better. If you're going to use the old chestnut of "the character is unconscious and this is all in her head so we can do absolutely anything we want" you'd better do it really well because it's been done to death. The idea that she beat back the nasty Replicators by thinking real hard was preposterous. It was just an excuse to get her back to Earth so Richard Dean Anderson's character could make a guest appearance.

The puppets were cute. The Farscape reference was a nice touch but it just made me remember how much I miss Farscape.

Babylon 5, Farscape and Star Trek TNG remain my top three all-time favorite shows, in no particular order. Stargate has a long way to go to be in that exalted class. It's been losing its edge and at this point it's not a whole lot more entertaining than Kyle XY or Eureka.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. patty-rick Registered Senior Member

"The idea that she beat back the nasty Replicators by thinking real hard was preposterous"

Completly agree with fraggle terrible script, a useless filler episode

8. Vega Banned Banned

Well I just download it from the net,..can't wait for tv!!!
    don't most people do that nowadays!!!

I have to agree that Atlantis is taking off well where as SG-1 seems to be missing that sparkle like it once did..perhaps its time to let O'Neil come into the picture or throw in a senario where the "Wraith" actually meet the "Ori" and they end up destroying each other