state of the onion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sculptor, Jan 31, 2018.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Of course, because he's the bumbling ignorant racist piece of shit in the White House.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Don't sugarcoat it spidy----------tell us how you really feel.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That's the definition I used, to point out that your characterization of it was in error.
    This:
    is incorrect.
    This:
    is correct.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

As opposed to rioting/protesting in the streets?

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

And murdering protesters.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What's more important, order or justice?

10. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Are you saying that "white Christian males" in general are to blame for that one murder?
    Can you divorce efforts from results? What justice did the millions in property damage, in many already poor neighborhoods, accomplish?
    If riots accomplish no more justice than just "screaming the loudest about being disadvantaged and discriminated against", were they worth it?

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

To be specific, white supremacists (typically male and Christian) are responsible for that one murder. And in general, white supremacists were responsible for about 20 murders last year.

12. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Depends on the severity of the problem. Unjust police killings warrant quite a lot of temporary civil unrest.
    It got people who might care about the problem start to pay attention to it.
    If it gets the issue on TV, maybe. It lets us know who our allies are. Note, if you care more about order than police injustice, you aren't one.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Nope. I was going by white supremacists, which are a group _allied_ by race (and characterized by sex and religion.) And they are the ones screaming the loudest about being disadvantaged and discriminated against by the blacks, the jews, the feminists etc.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I couldn't. But someone could:

"We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world—a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just Whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us. . . . No redeeming social value. Just whores. Get out of our way, or we’ll kill you.
    Well, shit on that dumbness. George W. Bush does not speak for me or my son or my mother or my friends or the people I respect in this world. We didn’t vote for these cheap, greedy little killers who speak for America today—and we will not vote for them again in 2002. Or 2004. Or ever.
    Who does vote for these dishonest shitheads? Who among us can be happy and proud of having all this innocent blood on our hands? Who are these swine? These flag-sucking half-wits who get fleeced and fooled by stupid little rich kids like George Bush?
    They are the same ones who wanted to have Muhammad Ali locked up for refusing to kill gooks. They speak for all that is cruel and stupid and vicious in the American character. They are the racists and hate mongers among us—they are the Ku Klux Klan. I piss down the throats of these Nazis.
    And I am too old to worry about whether they like it or not. Fuck them."

Hunter S. Thompson

sculptor likes this.
  16. billvon Valued Senior Member

That was all before the Age of Trump. Nowadays, being in the KKK just means you're a Republican.

spidergoat likes this.
  17. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Do you think all the verdicts against cops have been good since that millions in property damage?
    Has the resultant reluctance of police caused more black deaths?
    So just raise awareness? Wouldn't it have been better to use those millions on an ad/social media campaign instead of wrecking already poor neighborhoods?
    Again, maybe an ad campaign?
    Did you really need millions in destruction to know who your allies are?
    Maybe get out more?
    Inner city gangs, which are groups largely allied by race, and characterized by terrorizing their own neighborhoods.

18. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

So half the country to KKK? That's silly.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You're silly.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Angry riots aren't exactly the protests I think are completely justified. The anger is justified. I don't see any outrage from you about the estimated 4 trillion dollars our government just handed out to rich people.
    I'm sure you would like to think so.
    BLM does have a social media campaign.

21. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

You mean letting them keep more of the money their earn in voluntary exchanges?
    What a cheery outlook you have.
    But just couldn't resist tens of millions in property damage?

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

Nope. Pretty much all KKK's are Republicans (and more specifically Trump supporters) but not all Republicans are in the KKK. And in any case with only 37% of the country supporting Trump it wouldn't be half anyway.
    That was a statement that did not seem to be related to any other statements or questions.

23. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Sorry, I read that wrong. But being in the KKK doesn't "just" mean you are a Republican.
    If you say so.