Static Energy?Electricity?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by KUMAR5, Aug 26, 2017.

1. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Intentional Manipulation or fraud is one think unintentional or unknowingly odds the other. As far as I know, I can say there is no intentional manipulation or fraud in most of homeopathy. They also earn much less than conventional time and give full time in hours to each patient to understand him from root to tree. They are usually quite dedicated, honest and spritual. Yes, if there are unintentional or unknowingly misunderstandings, that can't be denied. But to justify odds, we may need absolute & final status of science since it has mass presence in well distributed most part or word since long back with least adverses. It is well approved by many govt. & regulating bodies and taught as govt supported full med degree course. Over and above these, "clinical/Practical observations & significance is well observed by homeopathic community and patients and their relative are repeatedly enjoying it. Obiously, like every system has its own limitations, it also has and for which suitable precautions are maintained. So I feel it is odd to talk odd about it and about such other systems alike it. We should leave this work to Govt & Regulating Authorities to decide accordingly. We can just wait and watch, or opt as per our own choice till either it is fully proven in science oor die in itself if fake in absolute.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Nothing is fully proved in Science

P T Barnum stated "There is one born every minute". He was talking about suckers. Unfortunately he forgot to mention that "There are two con artist born every minute to serve the needs of the suckers"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Pls check many studies, on links given by me. Statical significance is not ultimate but Clinical/practical significance/observations is ultimate and it is there with homeopathic community. Homeopathy need to be studied as per nature of this system not as per mod med system because individuality, delicate, least side effects etc many specifics are related to it. Many of my near family members had already died due to med odds. Just have a google search on pros & cons related to all systems, then you may not be one sided. I have faint idea that whoever create whatever will only balance it to justify "nature balances it self".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

What makes you think I haven't checked many studies?

due to med odds hence the 98%

With more than 40 years as a Registered Nurse Midwife a good few as Radio Technician and a number as Oil Rig safety officer I think I have experience with life to have a view of homeopathy being a generous 0.00000001% effective

Please as I get older my 3 remaining brain cells Huey Dewey and Louie would like to rest and their tolerance of Woo Woo is lower than mine. The last time they got this despondent they didn't let me go out of the house until I promised not to read any more about copper magnetic wrist bands (shut up I'm only explaining something - yes I will get you coffee now)

Got to go - coffee time

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Homeopathy is not medicine. Natural remedies (such as using natural plant derived alternatives in place of synthetic compounds, eg ginger root in place of anti-emetic medication) is not homeopathy.

Homeopathy are things like this: http://www.peacefulmind.com/product/gem-eessence-tincture/
    Guess what you are buying when you get this - you are buying water. Hopefully clean water, but water none the less.

Now, I like to think I have a bit more practical experience with the less understood alternative treatments, due to my wife being a Massage Therapist in several modalities; as she was studying, they went through your traditional ones (deep tissue, prenatal, shiatsu, etc) and also touched on the more exotic ones, including Reiki and Reflexology. While she was studying, I was her "practice dummy" (much to my relief, as I carry a good bit of tension, especially in the back and shoulders) - I can say that Reflexology works surprisingly well for things that, honestly, I cannot adequately explain. Why she can press in on my foot and get my stuffed up sinuses to release and drain, or why massaging the inner arch can help relieve and upset stomach, I can't rightly say - the research seems to still be ongoing, but various scans have shown increases in bloodflow to specific parts of the body called out by reflexology maps, changes in neural patterns, et al during reflexology sessions.

Now, there are those that peddle reflexology as a cure for cancer - no, it can help during the treatment of cancer, by reducing nausea, pain, and fatigue caused by the medication that will actually treat the cancer, but reflexology on its own will not cure cancer.

Likewise, soaking a crystal in spring water under the light of the moon will not create a mystical tincture that will cure your bad breath, diabetes, or cancer. Mixing said tincture with water and drinking several 8 ounce servings a day will help hydrate you and, given that a large portion of the population is chronically dehydrated, this will make you feel better. You will also have placebo effect because of thinking that it will help, which science has shown can be extraordinarily beneficial - you can overcome incredible odds when you believe you can do so. Likewise, you can, quite literally at times, will yourself to death by convincing yourself that whatever you have is incurable.

Also - Kumar, please cite your sources when you copy and paste large sections of text. Plagiarism is frowned upon here.

exchemist likes this.
  9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Have any criminal charges/lawsuits or deaths been caused by homeopathy? I looked at one site and what they had listed for their live cell microscopy analysis were things like:
    • Presence or evidence of bacterial, parasisitic and fungal lifeforms
    • Nutritional deficiencies such as B12, folic acid, iron, essential fatty acids etc.
    • Digestive insufficiency and liver or bowel toxicity
    • Hormonal imbalances
    • Dehydration
    • Immune system function and free radical damage
    • Uric acid crystal accumulation and heavy metal toxicity
    • Atherosclerotic plaque; early recognition of cardiovascular risk factors
    • Poor circulation, oxygenation level and abnormal blood clotting
    • Symptoms of out of balance acid/alkaline pH blood level
    http://www.hauserhomeopathy.com/services.html (Dehydration was just weird.)

Because I'm too lazy to research after a simple Google: Homeopathic Deaths (Google)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22558899

:EDIT:
    That huge link was truncated before.

Truncated link - Kittamaru

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2017
  10. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

we have to see if such odds also happen in other well reputed systems or not? If it is routine or evén more elsewhere, how to blame only one for one happening? Moreover it is to be looked deeply as homeopathic remedies are said to have no or least side effects.

To rest I shall reply later,pls.

11. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Thanks.
    I think, it is different and may be working of hormesis principle.

Good informatión. Yes limitations are there with every system and competent healer of every system should definately be taking it into consíderation.

Very true. All competent healer should understand limitations with their systems and treat accordingly.

OK, I shall take care.
    Best regards.

12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Homeopathic concoction have the least side effects because they have no effects at all, other than to quench your thirst.

13. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I say, isn't "concoction" putting it a bit strongly? I mean the stuff is just water, right?

14. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Most routine foods also have least side effects it does not mean they have no effects at all. Thirst, can't drink one glass of remedy like we can easily drink water. I would not ask anyone to try.

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Good point. A more accurate description would be agitated DI water.

16. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

What do you mean?

17. exchemist Valued Senior Member

There's a rather amusing article here about a class action lawsuit in Canada, against a homeopathic scam involving heart and liver of Barbary duck (I nearly wrote dick

) , as a flu "remedy":-

http://www.skepticnorth.com/2012/04...y-manufacturer-boiron-and-shoppers-drug-mart/

What is funny is that not only is there zero evidence that extract of duck offal has any effect whatsoever on flu, but also the dilution factors are such that there is not one molecule of the extract present in the stuff they sell.

There have been a number of these law suits. From what I can gather, the policy of homeopaths is to settle out of court, quickly, to avoid getting an adverse judgement that would wreck their business model.

18. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

When he says, "Thirst, can't drink one glass of remedy like we can easily drink water."

What he means is, drink liquid mouth taste easily.

Hope that helps.

exchemist likes this.
  19. exchemist Valued Senior Member

No, he's saying you will be poisoned by a glass of water, unlike when you drink a glass of water.

20. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Energized.

I mean, least side effects do no mean no effect.

21. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

It should be happening with every system for negligences, mistakes. ANY adverse outcomeand all illegal practices can be challenged, not specific to any legal system. If leagal stamp is there, then negligences and casualities due to side effects should be the basis of challenging into coury not of system.

22. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Are posters, who see not difference between purified water and remedy, that remedy solution should be sold as purified water bottles. At least it will be much purified, if not energized. ?

23. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Are posters who see not difference between purified water and remedy that remedy solution should be sold as purified water bottles.

Let's try and slice this up logically

Are posters who see not difference between purified water and remedy

Well one difference is purification water is sold as purified water and remedy (< undefined but I am going to take a stab that it is water) is being sold as something which provides a remedy

Purified water (presumed cleaner than tap water) sold vastly over priced
    Remedy sold stupendously over priced

remedy solution should be sold as purified water bottles

Well it could be sold purified water not purified water bottles

That aside while it would be correct and ethical the profit from stupendously over priced to mearly vastly over priced would be a disincentive to homeopathy con artists

At least it will be much purified

So remedy is MORE purified than purified water (PLEASE EXPLAIN)

if not energized

Oh so now remedy is now not energized

That makes everything so much more clear

Sorry I may not be making more post in this thread as Huey Dewey and Louie are putting their axions down and telling me to cease this stupidity

Will get coffee and see what happens