Stockholm culture?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Andre, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Andre Registered Senior Member

deleted

Last edited: Oct 11, 2003
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

Bebelina lives there, maybe she can help you

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Well i am sure there are good nightsopts you can hang out at...there always are at any city. Are you going with your friends or family. If you are daring...try doing drugs as visitor from another country and challenge the laws of both of the countries: yours and the place you are visiting. I have never been to Stockholm so i can't really help you much...but be sure to visit the zoo there. oh and have fun in whatever you do *wink wink*

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Sorry, don't live there anymore. Now I live in a little hellhole called Luleå way up north. Don't ask why, because I'm still trying to figure it out myself.
    But there is much to do in Stockholm, what I used to love was to go to Cosmonova at Naturhistoriska muséet ( a museum) and look at the imax movies, truly fantastic feeling. Try to catch the 3d movie or if you are lucky they might still be showing the universe movie.
    Avoid the egyptian one, not many special effects at all.
    If you want to go to the trendy places, then you go to Stureplan, there you have many fashionable clubs. If you want to go to a cosy pub, go to Gamla Stan, if you want to go a little subcultural go to Söder.
    Enjoy your stay.

.....*sigh*..I miss Stockholm...

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

{it's off topic i know but mods..please have heart}

Hey bebelina how are ya...don't see you sround much here...welcome

I would like to visit Stockholm also...or anywhere outside of US for that matter.... there are countless beautiful places around this world ...*sigh*.....guess i'll have to wait till i am rich.

9. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Oh, I have been very busy with everything, last wednesday I was acting on stage in three shows in one day. A childrens theatre. Now I have to make a puppet theatre and also compose two songs for a peace gala. And design clothes to my choire and make coreography for another choire that I just joined. And I still have orders to send, clothes to sew and tons of other stuff...
    I think it's this city, never had to work this much in Stockholm, there life was glamorous, I was mannequin in a fashion show, was on tv on a soap, got my clothes on the cover of magazines...

I really want to travel too, so many places I haven't seen. I wish I had seen America before Bush came to power, during the Clinton era perhaps...

10. Whyatt Thrash Indecent Registered Senior Member

If you're into big-breasted blondes and dudes with more cash than people-sense, go for Spy bar, Stures or Berns On "Östermalm". If you want a more "indie-hip" experience, Kvarnen or Snaps on "Söder". Mosebacke at "Slussen", if there's a club that evening. Metropolis on Söder, Olssons skor in Vasastan are fairly new, "in" places...

If you ask for my favourite hangout for a night out, it's Kelly's any night of the week. I've gotten to know many of the regulars, and Anna-Maria and Kicki in the bar are a couple o dolls... The beer is cheap, the music's loud, and the people are strange. Just the way I like it.

Nightlife in Stockholm for the most part sucks, though. Everything's expensive, doormen at most larger clubs are assholes...

Good luck, and have a good one!

11. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I thought you looked swedish Whyatt...
    Why don't we send him to Docklands, or is that still there?

12. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Thought this thread was about the Stockholm Syndrome, which is very interesting by the way.

Well..... to, uh...keep this on topic... post some pictures when you get back, Andre!

13. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

When the hostage feels sympathy or falls in love even with the kidnappers. Why don't you try it out and see if it works?

14. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

So what have you done, except for eating, freezing and dreaming of being kidnapped?

15. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Well, you got a pretty good view of the city anyway, I just love Gamla Stan. A store there, Saturn Return, sell my clothes.

16. Whyatt Thrash Indecent Registered Senior Member

Really, cool?

Glad to hear you had a nice stay, m8... Karlsson's is allright, but I thought it was on Birger Jarlsgatan... Oh well..

Come visit again anytime!

17. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Yes, it's a cool store, although I haven't sent them any clothes for a while, have had so much else to do, but I'll come around to it, and I doubt they don't have ANY left.

18. Whyatt Thrash Indecent Registered Senior Member

What kinda clothes? Saturn return really is too expensive for my tastes, especially since I'm a guy and the only stuff they have along the lines of guywear are really expensive t-shirts... But it's a cool store, if you're female. I've shopped there many a time for birthdays and thelikes...

19. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

These kind of clothes http://www.pinkeye.se , although they have not exactly the same as on the website, they have newer stuff too that haven't been put online yet, or never will. Some clothes I just make one piece of and forget to take a photo of it, then when it's been sold, the design is sort of lost.
    Yes I make clothes for females only, but I plan to make for guys too, but there doesn't seem to be any time left.
    Anothes store, or a chain of stores, 9th street has also begun to sell my clothes.
    I used to have them ar Star People too, but it's enough with one boutique in Sthlm, especially since SP and SR are "rivals".

20. Whyatt Thrash Indecent Registered Senior Member

I SAID (eyes mods suspiciously) that you make really cool clothes...

The Bliss tops and the skirts are just too cool for school. Very nice work!

That model's not you, is it?

21. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Thanks Whyatt, yes that's me.