Stop being so wasteful, yo

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by RoyLennigan, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoSmoke Mr Ganja Lover Registered Senior Member

You got great sentimants mon, but what if your home towns got no buses - o r theyr so crap its never reliable? And what if you dont have friendly neighbors who travel the same times of day as you? And cycling can get TIRING if you have dozens of miles to go every day, whateva the weather... Some places the taxes dont go on anything of much use to the public, so any car you get is a godsend. Be real, cars have done more good than bad.:m:

Try living in a hot climate Roy. Seal the house and you just sweat more. Air con is craved and loved, even if it ups the electric bill some. The fluoro lightbulbs might help cut it down again, I ges. So I'm all for those... if youve got anywhere that sells them.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

Its amazing how politicians talk a lot about global warming while they live in opulent mansions that use up half the towns electricity. Just a thought. Me personally, I don't give a fuck about global warming, this is not the first time the Earth is warming up, in fact the Earth used to be mercury hot. Some say global warming speeds up the process, I say "forward without fear".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. BoSmoke Mr Ganja Lover Registered Senior Member

ANIMAL FARM...

Ah but nobody & nothin was living here then. Dont think anything could, somehow.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Well said. Global warming a result of "consuming" the planet? Perhaps, but the only thing that will stop it is to stop the "consumer". How to do that? Kill them. Expecting a turnaround in human behaviour I have personally concluded, is as unrealistic as any animal...we are no different. Only a "lesson"(not from Al Gore and his mansions), an experience will make people fed up with consumer capitalism. People are WAY too plugged into their Ipods, their computers(myself here), their Flatscreens, their vehicles, their HUGE fucking houses with the AC BLASTING when it's 19C outside. Here's the bad news people, all of that SHIT contributes to consuming the planet and the great big plastic machine rolling over the planet that gives us our home in this very hostile universe. Trying to get politicians to fix it is the biggest laugh these days, they can't even balance the stupid fucking budget.

I am somewhat looking forward to the ant hill getting kicked over...

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

How do we know what it'll be like when "global warming" has run it's course? I mean, maybe it'll be a paradise or even better? But why do we think it's gonna' be so terrible and horrible?

And I mean that sincerely, by the way.

Baron Max

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Yea I agree, for anyone who is still alive anyway.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But we also don't know what it's going to be like after the "globe" has been warmed up. It just might be the most luxurious the planet has been in eons. We tend to see things from the perspective of 'now', versus what changes might occur between now and then. Things might truly be paradise.

Try to look on the bright side of things, rather than always being like Baron Max, that old pessistic fart who post here sometimes. ...ooops??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

So you figure no one is going to die is the sea level raises 20 feet? 50 feet? And there would be no resulting war, famine, calamity from people freaking out? This is very unlike you...

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, not any more than is dying like that now. You must remember, the rise in water ain't gonna' happen overnight while you're in bed sleeping!! It'll take decades, perhaps centuries for it to happen. I think we can walk faster than that, don't you think?

How so?

Ya' mean that I haven't posted that I want it to happen and kill off gazillions of humans? Sorry, I can't say things like that because I keep getting infractions when I do!

Baron Max

13. sandy Banned Banned

Dear wonderful monkey,
    I should have clarified 'in the USA.' I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I sure do like the new you.

And I love reading all your perfectly composed, mild-mannered posts. What a good little monkey you are.

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Oh dear sandy,

I find much joy in my new way of approaching you. It is much more pleasurable and I find that maybe it is more Christian to behave towards other people in a polite manner.

Forgive me for focusing on Europe. I am from Europe and I didn't incorporate the USA in my immediate thoughts. Indeed I do agree with you that biodiesel will not take off in the near future in the USA. I cannot make predictions in the long run of course and hence I would like to refrain from saying the word never.

You never now what the evil terrorists will do in the middle east. They might cut the western world off from the supply of oil. But honestly I don't see how these people would get away with that. Because it would be unfair.

regards,

your special monkey

15. sandy Banned Banned

My darling monkey,
    I too, delight in our new special relationship. You are so attractive this way. How awesome that Jesus has opened your eyes and heart. God bless you.
    Yours in Him,
    sandy

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

LOL

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

When you can get a gallon or so of oil per each hemp plant, then biodiesel is definitely a viable technology. It actually doesn't have to be reprocessed, either, just filtered so it's clean. Reprocessing it by adding chemicals is just a way to suck up to the chemical companies.

I'm just amazed that they ever sold the idea of jailing people for producing hemp that can't be used to get high.

18. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

No, you'd have to pay for it.

19. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

lemming

20. ersatzscamp Banned Banned

Is it true that it takes thousands of liters of water to produce one liter of milk?

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

*barf*

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No. You're forgetting that most of the water goes into other parts of the cow ....like meat, hide, which is useful for other things ...like seats for gas guzzling cars and meat for the rich men and women to eat. No, we must save the cows at all cost!

Baron Max

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, I'm perfectly happy to pay for it. But y'all are the ones complaining about the cost, not me! I don't care if I use up all the energy in the whole fuckin' planet just for myself ...you don't hear me whinin' and cryin' like some little crybaby weakling.

Baron Max

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.