Strange connexion between death and falling asleep

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Pollux V, May 7, 2002.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I wouldn't think that as likely as it is, the hope that I will make a difference is always in me, that something I say or do (hopefully something good) will be remembered for as long as time flows. Death does really suck but think of it this way, tyler, cactus, and this itchy fellow are probably around the same age group, 14-16ish. Assuming one of us doesn't walk out the door to take a crap in the woods because the toilet doesn't work and gets eaten by a bear while 'bowling' then we're probably going to die around the age of ninety or a hundred (since we live in north america our health is really on a whole other level from people in africa, for example).

I'm getting at the idea that each of us here could someday be immortal and young forever, and we won't have to worry about what happens after death because life will be heaven, with no worries [mate].

But back to the post. Assuming you don't dream you really only feel like time has passed but not like you lived through it, at least for me. I wake up usually after I close my eyes, but I can feel that the process hasn't been instantaneous, that I really have been asleep for around eight or nine hours. I wonder if it feels the same way with death....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

I don't feel the same way when it comes to dreaming, I "know" when I'm asleep. Kinda hard to explain what I mean though. And you can make a difference, I think you have the tools....... However, I will not, and I've come to terms with that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well you have to use my philosophy. Find something you enjoy to do constantly (not masterbation) and keep doing it constantly and take classes on it and don't give up. That is what I do, even in the face of failure which is definitely a probable if not very likely.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

I've tried that with so many things and I always evetualy hit a major roadblock, and by then I've put all my time and energy into it so I feel drained and bored and tired. So I just give up.

And what's wrong with masterbation?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Nothing, absolutely nothing. It's just not unique (hopefully in both men and women), supposedly everyone except some priests do it, and we all know how they get their rocks off

9. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Yeah, but guys will admit to it more than girls. Girls feel its an invasion of privacy to ask them if they have, guys always just say yes. Don't care.

"Get your rocks off a mountain and roll 'em on down......" - Rocks off, a song by Dr. Hook.

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Warning: last post, gtg, spansih starting. bye.

11. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Oh yeah, I have however gotten two girls in our group of friends to admit to it.

Very cool.

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Wait? Huh? Could you...reiterate?

13. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

And who are these bold ones?

14. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Because of the trust enstowed upon me I am not allowed to utter their names.

15. Benji Registered Senior Member

If that were the case then what would be the purpose of life?

16. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Scientifically to Live and insure the survival of your species. Philosophically to live and enjoy life, you only get one chance then you're gone. But if you mean what is humanitie's purpose grand scale kinda thing, we don't have one, we just exist.

My purpose in life personally is to marry Natalie Portman

17. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Mine is just to have a night alone with her

or maybe with one of her friends, too