suicide

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by BigHead, Apr 4, 2011.

?

can anyone anywhere benifit by your being alive? a posative word? a helping hand?

1. yes

20 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. maybe

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I dont care about anyone but myself

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Yeah- I am older than Fraggle in age even though he is 25 years older than me.

Some of my recent happiest times are talking to people like you: semi-anonymous people who are loosely and voluntarially attached by some thin thread.

Most recently, when I has diaharrea red blood coming out of me I feared for my life- fearing I would shit my insides out or afraid it was cancer again and I didn't call the doctor- if it's internal cancer, I would rather die. Here's 10 oz. of silver, eBay me $450 to buy a handgun.

And I hope I contribute rather than annoy you people... I hope I come salt-free as I take everything certain people here say with grains of salt, based on the weight of their posts (that's why Fraggle is da man.)

I have been a vegetarian Buddhist for nine years this past April- I try to live up to Buddhist principles.

But I also light up from time to time... And when my parents get cancer, it's readily available to them.

Enough rambling.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Dude, no way you could out-obnoxious Empty Force Of Chi

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Well I learned a lot about humility from Buddhism. Good story.

The monks went to the big town mega-mall to make this gigantic, impossibly detailed colored sand image on the mall's floor... took then 16 hours a day for a week straight to get even close to being done.

The day before it was done, an over-curious boy stepped over the DO NOT ENTER line and trounced all over this meticulous piece of irreplacable exquisite art, not realizing it was made of fragile sand.

The monks weren't even mad. "It's part of understanding" they said offhand. Then they worked 24 hours a day from scratch to remake the image- the image that would be admired for days then scooped up and turned back into sand.

Hope this is better than any Chi story...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

8. jmpet Valued Senior Member

9. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Given your condition, you do offer a unique point of view that others not in your condition would never be able to offer. So what you have to say is definitely worth while to the rest of us. I do believe that when it can be determined that one has no chance of any quality of life left he or she should be able to end it with dignity by a licensed practitioner trained to to just that.

10. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Eeh- don't symathize for me, rejoice!

11. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

We are all racing towards our end, some maybe a little faster than others. But some people pack more living in a few years than the rest of us get in twice as many years. Not sure where the trade offs are in that equation, but I do wish you well whatever it is.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I have helped a few people in my life from hurting themselves and I know that's something I'll always remember because of the feeling of satisfaction it gave me in knowing that I could do something to help another person out without prior knowledge that I had it in me. I still feel great when I talk to my friend that I helped because I know that he wouldn't be here today without my help. It is a rewarding experience to say the least when you take time out of your life to help others that you may or may not know.

13. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I love you 357 , Lady Gaga was busy doing her Archetype performance at the Monster Ball in Mexico city on our birthday . Did you hear about that ? Me X my dear . My love for you is not sexual so don't go freaking out or anything . I seen your picture and you are very attractive though . I am Married like you . Happily . Everybody has a roll in life. You all gots to understand who you are . When you find out you will know what your suppose to do . Look to your self everybody . Start with finding out were you come from if you are confused . Just because your family did something don't mean you got to do it . If you like it and are good at , go for it. Live long and prosper. Life should be fun . Make it fun. O.K. sounding like chi is coming out my mouth so that is it

14. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

My friend . The Dali Lama eats meat . He does it for health reasons . I ain't preaching here , but it is something to consider . You know about that circle don't you . The temple thing .

15. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Jmpet: For me, the end does not seem close, but I can see it from here.
    Yeah- I am 41, crushed and destroyed and flattened from a divorce and am a hollow shell of what I once was. I take more pills than either of my parents, have already had cancer and sometimes shit and vomit blood. My body is ruined and will be destroyed in five years.

So what was that about a bright, happy tomorrow?​
    When either my oncologist or my cardiologist give me a bad & definite prognosis, I hope I can handle like it my UK friend Les who died circa 10 years ago. He was given 6 to 9 months due to pancreatic cancer. He decided that he was going to do his best to enjoy every minute he had left. He traveled to places he had never been. He kept up email correspondence with me & others he had known for a long time. He started playing World of Warcraft, a type of activity he had never before tried.

He was determined to die only once. He said that making his life miserable thinking about his impending end was like dying every day. He told me that he remembered my advice when he had learned that his father only had a few years left & applied it to his situation.
    Les, when he dies you will mourn & suffer. Do not mourn his death & suffer every day for the next 2-3 years.​

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Instead rejoice that he lived his life the way he wanted and remember him for all the fun and good times he had in life. Remembering anyone for their living times is what everyone wants us to do, not be brought down by their one time of dying.

17. BigHead Registered Member

ide say see a doctor before you purchase that handgun, an i did say before this wasn't about suicide in regards to medical conditions all-tho medical conditions also carry an emotional as well as a physical tole, as a Buddhist what are your religious beliefs in regard to suicide? as far as the divorce that can be very crushing, I havnt experienced this pain yet and am unsure how I would deel with it. how do you let go? you asked about when you would be happy. I do know with everything time makes a difference, so you may suffer until it doesnt feel like a fresh wound.

18. George Registered Member

Suicide is a tragic event with strong emotional repurcussions for its survivors.

19. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

A trendy way to off yourself here in the Washington area is to jump in front of a Metro train. The drivers have nightmares for the rest of their lives.

20. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

How come the snipers never get the ones that want to die?

21. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

Suicide is a tragic event for those who kill themselves also.

Researchers have shown that 90% of suicide attempts are done on impulse. If the attempt fails, the would-be suicide usually does not try again, and frequently gets over the temporary problem driving them to the attempt. They often live long and fulfilling lives.

The method used is critical. Suicide attempts by firearms and by jumping off a high place are both about 90% effective. On the other hand, taking an overdose of sleeping pills is only 2% effective. So if you are in pain, and want to end it, use sleeping pills. At least you get a good night's sleep!

22. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Because only a tiny, minuscule portion of the population wants to die. Snipers generally kill at random so the odds of hitting one of those people are infinitesimal.
    I knew a lady who swallowed a whole bottle of diazepam (Valium) and slept for 36 hours. When she woke up she was really pissed off at her husband for not calling the paramedics. Since she never stopped snoring he didn't think anything was wrong, just figured she was really really tired. He even closed the bedroom door so she wouldn't be disturbed.

23. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Yeah, that's not cool.
    You should be a more ethical do-in-yourselfer than that.