suicide

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by BigHead, Apr 4, 2011.

?

can anyone anywhere benifit by your being alive? a posative word? a helping hand?

1. yes

20 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. maybe

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I dont care about anyone but myself

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

@ Skeptical-did you follow the link I posted?

I was really proud of that when I wrote it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

Yes.
    I prefer something a bit more objective and unemotional normally, but that is just me. Following someone's emotions is too subjective. I would normally rather read a research report, couched in objective and scientific language. But that is my quirk.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

So you want a scientific quantification of the emotional agony of the prospective suicide candidate...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm picturing agony being distilled slowly into in a beaker. It's rather black and viscous, and has a green scum on the top.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I think that might be true . Don't know . What if someone constantly hears from there peripheral hearing " Kill ' Kill 'Kill " or " Your No Good Your no Good baby your no good" and they think they are making the choice , yet they have been prodded by out side forces . You know the white noise that goes on and your mind playing the selective hearing game on you . Picking out your motivation by things you want to hear because of your environment. If the conscientious is humans are bad evil users of earth resources and you look in the mirror and think " I am one of those fucking nasty humans , What the shit am I going to do ? Just saying .
    My step sister killed her self . Susie Rouse was her name . She found out she had M.S. and I think that played a factor . She did it while her youngest daughter was in the house . The daughter ( my niece) called her dad and said " I think something is wrong with mommy , There is a pool of blood . I tell you the whole family was shocked . My Sister Laura had just left Sacramento were Suzie lived , Laura had a hard time with if because she felt like she left to soon and if she would have stayed Suzie would not have pulled the trigger . I was shocked . I had no idea she was having marital problems . That was the other kicker . Except it was delusions of marital problems more then it was real marital problems . She got it in her head her husband was stepping out on her. I don't think so , but you never know for sure . You know how sly dogs can lie good . I would bet he was not doing it , but I was not there , Laura don't think he was . I trust her judgment

8. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

You talking about Me . I will go wid de sid vicous part , but the green scum has to go

9. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Sid Viscous...he made really slooooow punk rock....

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Most often the pain is psychological. Psychology is an imperfect science, so in many cases they really can't find any other way to end it. Even if there is a way, with today's pyschotherapeutic tools it might take years.
    I have a friend who developed MS in his fifties and has been going steadily downhill. He's been in a wheelchair for years, and since I've known him he hasn't been able to handle his own hygiene, and that soon came to include bodily functions. Eventually he got to the point that he couldn't find a live-in caregiver/roommate who was willing to take care of him. He's now a permanent resident of a VA hospital. He has always kept in touch with the world through the internet and even had a business of doing research and selling it to institutions, but now he can only type slowly with one finger on one hand. His e-mails are down to one or two sentences, but he appreciates receiving ours.

He is very close to the point of wishing he was dead, and of course in a hospital he will not be presented with that choice.

11. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroconvulsive_therapy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilateral_cingulotomy

Yes, they do this stuff.
    I haven't talked to people online who had the latter done, but at least a handful who had ECT done for severe, intractable depression.

I made the statement to the ENT people that I'd rather be dead than be as sick as I had been prior to the first surgery...Really.

Imagine having the 'flu. Now imagine having the flu...FOR YEARS and having to work full-time because you're not going to get disability and if you don't work you can't afford the meds that will keep you from getting even sicker.

My life was a grim, joyless, and very caffeinated affair.

The ENT doctor I talked to this time did not understand that.
    And she clearly did not want to for some reason.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011