Superman cannot fly

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Saint, May 9, 2020.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Ahh Popeye! My all time favourite cartoon character as a tin lid.

foghorn likes this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Ask DC.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Saint Valued Senior Member

incredible hulk is bullshit, his heart will fail first and die.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

These matters are taken for granted (duh territory), like pro-wrestling being staged. The whole idea of "superheroes" is a modern recasting of ancient pagan gods and demigods, that depended upon magic. Technological transhuman and posthuman crime-fighters might at least be a step in the right direction, but such doesn't apply to the older paladins who will be lingering around for generations to come.

It could be contended that they exist in a simulated reality version of this world and thereby their abilities are recruiting backdoor codes that allow their body instructions and interactions to evade the usual physical regularities and restrictions. But unfortunately that's not the case in the comic books, TV shows, and movies. Instead their writers dabble in countless pseudoscience explanations (today's substitute for gods and demigods magic) that would probably logically conflict direly with each other if each superhero's bogus, background "theory" source of power was ever critically analyzed and compared with the others.

8. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

His heart grows in line with his body I assume, so it isn't a problem.

9. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

If you can try to imagine a fight between Batman and Superman you would never think Batman would stand a chance, but Batman being a criminal genius(like Sherlock Homes) helped him in devising a plan that outwitted Superman and he nearly killed him. Superman vs Bataan movie, decent movie I think.

EDIT: When technology gets better, Batman gets better.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

He has a super heart.

11. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

When
    Yes, there is that route you can take too, I love my 70s Super Heroes Top Trumps, "Super Powers" being one of the attributes for each Super Hero.

EDIT: Marvel.