Supernova From Experimentation At Fermilab

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Paul W. Dixon, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

The thought had crossed my mind. Especially the way he keeps on using the same lines.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John Devers (AVATAR) Registered Senior Member

What's all this worry about luminosities of 30 E 30s, we're up into the 40 E 30s now. Keep up to date with your own hypercondria at least.

The antimatter collider is finally running properly after 6 months, and a racoon problems;-)

<A HREF="http://www.fnal.gov/pub/news03/update.html" target=new><FONT COLOR="ff0098" size=+1>FERMI UPDATE</FONT></A>

Saturday May 17

At 3 PM, Operations established store 2555 with an initial luminosity of 44.895E30. This set a new luminosity record.

Pbar set another new stacking-rate record with a rate of 13.51mA for one hour between 3:15 and 4:15 PM.

Friday May 16

Pbar sustained a stack-rate of 13.35 mA for one hour at 2:52 PM. This set a new stacking record.

Monday May 12
    The midnight shift began with the TeV in shot setup, and with MiniBooNe taking beam.
    After resolving a lot of problems with loading protons into the TeV, at 2:04 AM, Operations established store 2538 with an initial luminosity of 44.865E30. This luminosity set a new record. Pbar resumed stacking.

Thursday May 15
    At noon, Operations put the TeV into shot setup. At 2:07 PM, Operations established store 2549 with an initial luminosity of 44.45E30. Pbar resumed stacking.

Tuesday May 13
    The midnight shift began with the TeV in shot setup, and with MiniBooNe taking beam.
    Operations established store 2540 at 12:57 AM. The store's initial luminosity was 43.065E30. Pbar resumed stacking.

Friday May 2 2003

At 12:05 AM, Operation established store 2502 with a new record initial luminosity of 42.35E30.

Pbar Resumed stacking.

Tevatron sets all-time luminosity record of 37 E30

At 10:15 p.m. on Friday, November 8, beam experts at Fermilab pushed the performance of the Tevatron accelerator to an all-time high. The Tevatron, the world’s most powerful particle accelerator, achieved a peak luminosity of 37 E30 inverse square centimeters per second, a measure for the collision rate of protons and antiprotons. Scientists are eager to increase luminosity and hence to produce more collisions, increasing the chance of observing new particle reactions involving quarks and other fundamental building blocks of matter.

The previous all-time Tevatron luminosity record was at 36 E30. The Run I record, achieved in 1995, is at 25.0 E30. In the near future, Fermilab scientists aim to achieve a luminosity of 40 E30.

When the Tevatron accelerator was originally constructed in 1983, the first luminosity goal was 1 E30. This first performance goal set a precedent of quoting luminosity in units of E30. The Tevatron's latest achievement of 37 E30 compared to its first goal of 1 E30, demonstrates the progress of the accelerator over the years.
    For more information on the Tevatron’s performance, please check

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

SUPERNVOA FROM EXPERIMENTATION AT FERMILAB

SUPERNOVA FROM EXPERIMENTATION AT FERMILAB

May we thank one and all for the your careful actions in this most tragic concern.

May we review from the preceeding excellent review of the current highest-energy physics experimentation at Fermilab.

The greatest luminosity measure to date is given as:

44.90E30 which is then 44.90 x10 to the 30th power collisional interactions of protons and anitprotons focused to the nanometer range in the CDF at Fermilab. Current energetics are at some 2 TeV, which is then 2 x 10 to the 12th power eV (electron volts). To obtain the energtics now employed at Fermilab these two quantities form a cross-prioduct by the addtion of exponents yielding:

2 x 44.90 x 10 to the 42nd power eV.

On the other hand the singular largest cosmic ray striking the earth at about one strike every two weeks is at some 10 to the 19th power eV.

Mathematically 2 x 44.90 x 10 the 42nd power eV > 10 to 19th eV

Conservatively: 10 to the 44nd power eV > 10 to the 19th eV

If you do not understand this relationship, it may be advisable to consult with someone who can explain to you the relative values of these two numbers. This is the central argument as to why these energies are sufficiently great at Fermilab to overcome, in a classical sense, the potential barrier towards de Sitter space thus releasing the force of a supernova at Fermilab upon the entire earth, the solar system and a host of nearby stars.

All the children will thank you for your kind efforts on their behalf - and may the good God have mercy on our souls!

All Best Wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.
    Supernova from Experimentation

Last edited: Jun 17, 2003
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

Damnit Paul,

I hate posting like this but,

NO BODY CARES!!!

8. Peter2003 Registered Senior Member

There were no ambient space explorations and also no computer simulations when the relativity and quantum theories were conceived. These aging theories do not offer a proper qualitative understanding of space and time. Hence not all calculations in their terms are reliable. For more advanced view on nature look for Eugene Savov's Theory of Interaction from which it is clearly seen that there is need to worry.

9. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

Many thanks to everyone for your prompt actions in this tragic concern.

Please review the awarding of the Noble Prize in Physics for Russell A. Hulse and Joseph H. Taylor in December 8th 1993. For this Noble Prize in Physics, they analyzed the emission of gravity waves in a binary pulsar, thus demonstrating the enormous predictive power of general relativity. These findings and other similar measurements indicate that the predictions of general relativity are accurate to the limits of measurment with the most advanced technology available. You may wish to review page 1 of this thread for those references which pertain to this discussion of general relativity and Type Ia Supernova generation.

Current luminosity at Fermilab is 30.46E30 of matter - antimatter collisions at 2(979.66) GeV. These are energies found only some trillionths of a second after the Big Bang (point-origin) of the Universe.

To determine whether or not readers of sciforums are concerned about Supernova deflagration at Fermilab is an empirical issue. Please run a survey of this salient matter to answer this question.

All the children will thank you for earnest efforts on their behalf - and may the good God have mercy on our souls!

ALL BEST WISHES

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  10. =SputniK-CL= Registered Senior Member

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

Somebody shoot this guy, please!!!

I think he has been proven wrong enough...

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Paul W. Dixon:

As one who is so concerned about this supernova, surely your priority should be to calculate at exactly what luminosity of the Fermilab accelerator your supernova will occur.

Every time they bump up the power, you yell out about how the sky is going to fall, but it never does.

If you could produce an actual number, your case would be much better, don't you think?

Right now you look like the boy who cried wolf.

12. twobob Registered Senior Member

Paul , lets blow the sky !!
    are you so egocentric as to be so worried about your own proginy ?
    who cares if we are about to end the universe, the escence of life is death.
    maybe we are in the process of creating a whole new universe ?
    what would those citizens of that universe say to your denial of their existance ?????

13. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

SUPERNOVA FROM EXPERIMENTAT AT FERMILAB

Many thanks to eveyone for your prompt and courageous efforts in the most tragic concern.

Fermilab is now running at some 39.4E30 luminosity at some 2(979.09) GeV. These energies are thus at near the highest levels of energies yet seen in the this highest-energy accelerator facility. These energies are those found some trillionths of a second after the point origin of the Universe. Depending, therefore, on stochastic effects as well as precession of the pencil shaped particle masses of protons and antiprotons as they travel at near-light speed in the ring at Fermilab a probability approaching 1 (one) exists for the penetration of the potential barrier towards de Sitter space. So far, therefore, we have only been lucky that this most imminent destruction of the world via generation of Type Ia Supernova has not yet occurred. So long as Fermilab is operating with its current parameters, we are in momentary danger of instant extinction as a species.

The progress of modern medicine as well as public health programs would indicate the very real concern that we have for the preseveration of our species, our progeny and the future of human civilization. Publicity must now be brought to bear in this current crisis for all humanity.

ALL THE CHILDREN WILL THANK YOU FOR YOUR BRAVE ACTIONS ON THEIR BEHALF, AND MAY THE GOOD GOD HAVE MERCY ON OUR SOULS!!!

All best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2003
  14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The sky is falling! Run for the hills!

15. blackholesun Registered Senior Member

Man Paul, you're some douche.

16. Automan Mostly harmless. Registered Senior Member

Re: SUPERNOVA FROM EXPERIMENTAT AT FERMILAB

Sorry, this does not belong here and I did not bother to read all 20 pages. 3 was enough. I don’t care if I'm wasting board space, as the universe will end shortly, for my enjoyment.

Dear Paul,

If there is no spiritual realm to guide & sustain our 'coherent-mind-states', it does not matter how we lived, or how much we loved our children. Life is carbon, doing tricks. When we die, all our experiences die with us. We leave a non-sentient trace of ourselves, in a small variation to the norm of our children's DNA and in our surviving works. They will cease also, eventually the universe will end. An individual's driven instinct to procreate successfully (in all senses) is, no more weighty my instinct to eat a cookie. I am as real as my PC, hence 'tears in rain'. It might me nice to imagine surviving the death of the universe 'Culture A.I. style' (Iain M. Banks) but its not going to happen to me.

I am a wannabe sociopath, but I run my life on the assumption that if there is no God, or similar, it does not matter how deluded I was in following some stupid rules, even if they seem unfair. Eternity is a very long time to be wrong, so I'm nice as pie and not very rich.

'Go fourth and multiply, fill the earth and conquer it', should it also say 'and don't break it by accident'? The bit about taking care of it of course… but no big risks? really? Of course, 'thou shall not kill'... but I feel taking out the entire solar system might be deemed a forgivable boob. I'd be proud of my pet if it managed it, even by accident, that real achievement that is! If not, Intercession, so it won’t happen... Otherwise, bring it on, its not as if I will realise I missed something good.

I can see a whole undercurrent of 'science-as-a-tool-of-the-devil', in you persistence on this subject. I hope I'm wrong about you, if not, I would suggest you forget about being the man who saves the earth. There is a low probability you will be recognised for it. Living in and procreating irrational fears through attention seeking, vanity, or for profit is.. I think.. a no-no. Teach the children to be smart, play nice and not fear. Irrational fear stopped me from helping a dying girl and her infant once (twice.., I lost count, Bloody India, wish I’d never gone there sometimes, thankfully my arrogance kept me sane.). If I had taken that risk, would the 'powers-that-be' have chalked one up for not destroying the world? Sounds like a plan. Fermilab are doing similar on a different level.

If your concerns are really of a more spiritual/metaphysical nature, they should really be discussed elsewhere. Either way, congrats on the worlds longest thread attempt. How long will it last? not that long.

'We apologise for the inconvenience' - D. Adams.

17. bigjnorman Registered Senior Member

why do all of paul's posts say the same thing, sombody said his PHD is in psychology, he sounds more like my old baptist preacher if you ask me. he he

maybe he wants to see how long we will entertain his 'scary' warnings

18. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

Many, many thanks to everyone for your most kind actions in this tragic concern.

Current energetics at Fermilab are at 36.23E30 luminosity at 2(979.09) GeV. Since these energies approximate the highest ever found on earth, and are equivalent to those found at the point origin of the Universe, it would be reasonable to suppose that there should be some reply from nature. To proceeed, as indicated previously on this thread, to ever higher energies may be a form of hubris. In the Encylopedia Brittanica, we note the definition of this term is: In classical Greek ethical and religious thought, overweeing presumption suggesting impious disregard of the limits governing human action in an orderly universe.

Also the,"reply from nature," would result from the well-known highly energetic conditions resident in de Sitter space which would then be generative of a Type Ia Supernova in this postulation. It is always possible to plunge blindly into the unknown ignoring any warning signals along the way - yet this is a sure way to court disaster.

All the children will thank you for your kind actions on their behalf
    and may the good God have mercy on our souls!

ALL BEST WISHES,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2003
  19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

No, I'm sorry. I still don't buy it. Please let me know when you work out exactly when the universe is going to do the big firecracker.

20. Automan Mostly harmless. Registered Senior Member

The entity : 'Paul W. Dixon'
    "Paul's" posts indicate a low variance in formatting/abstraction.
    The 'real' Paul is a ..psychologist.
    Bla
    Bla.
    Processing…
    'Paul W. Dixon' is non-sentient. (clue from 'doubleya', like the other automaton?)
    This is a Turing test.
    End.

Hahahahaha nice one Paul!, whats that Cursor?, your right no time… We have a planet to save!

'…just before you draw your terminal breath, Dee doop!. dee doope Dupeye doop!'

21. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

The threat of a Ia Supernova cannot be tolerated.

If there are 9 stout hearted men out there, I will join and be the tenth.

I propose that we all strap high explosives to our bodies and march on the Fermilab. It will be a small sacrifice to save the world. It might help if somebody can supply us with Uzi's or AK47's in case we encounter resistance on the way.

Remember: Give me some men who are stout hearted men. Start me with ten who are stout hearted men and I will soon give you ten thousand more. Shoulder to shoulder and bolder and bolder we will grow as we go to the fore. Nothing can stop stout hearted men. If there are some stout hearted women out there, we can use you too.

Come on, guys & girls. Paul needs our help to stop this menace. Where should we meet to make our plans? I know how to make nitrocellulose if nobody can supply us with some more effective explosive.

22. blackholesun Registered Senior Member

SILENCE! You shall NEVER defeat nuclear physics! I shall spite thee with antimatter the likes with which you have never seen! MUAHAHAHAHA!

23. twobob Registered Senior Member

hey paul, you arrogant freak, why didnt you answer my post ? why ???? because I think you think you are god.
    do you deny anything that questions your view ?
    well ? will you ignore this post as well?
    and just answer in a monotonous drone ?
    Accept your rank in the legions of failed smartarses.