Superstrings

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by ilgwamh, Mar 27, 2000.

1. ilgwamh Fallen Angel Registered Senior Member

Greetings and salutations. Tuseday I am presenting a teaching on superstrings in my high school meteorology/astronomy class. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good demos. I am having trouble finding some. I know I can use a rubber band for some things and I can also use something like a garden hose to show at a distance how it looks like a one dimensional line and not a 3 dimensional object with a circumference. Those are the only two things I know of doing besides talking. I pretty much got the material aspect covered. Remember, if you do have any suggestions that this is a high school class so try not to be too technical and use stuff like Group theory and differential geometry because that probably wouldn't help me much

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vinnie

------------------
    Fred Hoyle (British astrophysicist): "A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question."

[This message has been edited by ilgwamh (edited March 26, 2000).]