Sweet Andy / an>roid.v2

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by water, Sep 5, 2004.

1. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Sweet Andy / an>roid.v2

This morning (CET), Andy went on a spree of a special sort. It is so fascinating, that I must make detailed report of it.

Look at his posts:

In Insane Ramblings

In I Hate Mothers

In Wanderer's advice to "artists"

In On Itchyology: Sharks from Goldfish

In Gendanken's Banning

In The price of respect

In Schopenhauer: On reading and books
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=40176

In What is Art?

(There could be more.)

Andy, what's the matter?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arditezza Banned Banned

The Grand Canyon is a bad idea. There is a chance that the last hundred thousand you threw in would survive.

Maybe he wasn't breastfed as a child or loved by his mum, thus his hatred of women.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Nice one.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But, don't worry. I'm sure he'll delete them all eventually. That's his modus operandi.
    Good idea to capture them this way. I captured a couple in the relevant threads. But this is better. I didn't realize he posted quite so many. He was a busy little bee.

I wonder... Throw them in to the Grand Canyon brings to mind "Into the marshes with 'em." I wonder if this is a backlash against Xev's thread on forum dynamics perhaps? Maybe not.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

an>roid.v2 has been banned for 7 days for this. Ordinarily, he would have received a warning before this happens, but he has elected not to receive PMs or emails.

Please report any further instances of spam from this poster. Next time, the ban will be permanent.

8. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I have to say that I didn't feel offended by what Andy said.

And now it all looks as if he got banned because of me, because I started this thread (he has deleted some of the posts in the meantime).

I just wanted to make room for him to speak his mind, for he obviously is not happy here -- hence this thread.

I am willing to talk to him.

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I agree. It wasn't a banning offense. Especially not a seven-day ban. But, I suppose it was because he didn't allow communications towards himself. Pm's or emails. Surely there could be some other way of contacting him? Forcing him into contact? I would think a mod would be able to pm regardless of the user options. At least Porfiry should be able to I would think.

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It's not a matter of somebody being offended. All members who have been here long enough should know not to cross-post. And he did it about 9 times.

The deletions were mine, not his. And the same action would have been taken regardless of this thread, provided the moderators had noticed the multiple posts.

If he isn't happy here, now he has a chance to go away and re-evaluate whether he really wants to post here or not.

I am re-thinking the seven days, which may be a little too long. How long a ban do you think would be appropriate?

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I'd say three days would be more than enough. Maybe even just a one day ban seeing as how he would have been warned if you had been able to contact him.

12. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I agree with invert with the one-day banning. Just tell him that's a warning. Then next time, you can maybe go for 7 days.

13. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

7 day ban was ok I think, he fucked up the forum and for that he was "punished", and a 24 hour ban is pointless

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ok, the ban has been reduced to three days. (2 days to go.)

15. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Alright.

Still, I think he should be given a chance. But I understand your position.

Hm. Three days?

The problem is that he had disabled the option to be contacted via PM or email. As this is optional, we cannot hold him to it.

But I suggest to make it obligatory: As default, all members here should have PM and email enabled (email to be reached by moderators).

Posting here is a privilege, not a right. And in order to hold on to the site rules (regarding warnings, in this particular case), a member has to be reachable, at least for the moderators.
    Or those who wish to be unreachable should not be here in the first place.

16. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

PM's and emails only work if they are read, I douth android does thats or laugth at them at most, I also think he is perfectly aware of what he is doing and there for the 7 day ban was in order, next is byebye.