Sylvester says...Hello

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Sylvester, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

Hey everyone.

I want to apologize for the other nights posts. I was drinking wine and it really hit me, i hardly ever drink so no i dont have a drinking problem.

I have a good sense of humor so what i saw as funny at the time was not very funny if sober. I think i have a medical problem because alcohol seems to effect me to soon. Three glasses of wine and i was whacked.

What type of medical issue would cause that? Serious question because i think at my age my tolerance should be higher, or is this normal for some people? I am a good body weight for my size other than that i feel fairly health.

Other than that, i dont want to bring people down or be a "wet blanket" due to something i have to deal with, that being the inevitable loss of a sick parent but this is my first time going through this...mostly it makes me really sad and i feel like I should be stronger. Recently a friends wife died and he seemed fine when i saw him not long after.

Thanks for listening\reading. I wont post much for awhile, I will read some threads since I love to read, hard to believe judging from my writing style.

Anyway...take care of yourselves

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Your friend, Sylvester.:thumbsup:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Ha ha, you're a lightweight. Believe me I've done the same on more than a few occasions. I think my computer should have a breathalyzer on it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

Thats good to hear Spidergoat...

I figure honesty is the be policy and...well...I had some good ideas like the planets being the opposite of stars, the crooked question mark etc. Too much...

I wonder if i was right about that first bit though. Are planets and stars opposite? Q says no.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What is the opposite of opposite? What is the banana of purple gibbons? What is the elemental titration of the perpetual undergarment? What is the square root of root beer?

8. Mazulu Banned Banned

The opposite of the mass-energy content of anything is it's gravitational field. So technically the opposite of a planet or a star is just it's gravitational field. At least that's my opinion.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I agree. The opposite of a planet or star is it's gravitational potential energy, or gravity well.

10. francescakat Registered Member

That's hilarious!

11. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the Sciforums.

Don't drink and drive.

12. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

Thank You. That's good advice. Drinking is not an issue for me, I was just explaining the reasons...where, in retrospect, came off as rambunctious and stupid. I live in a big city so plenty of places in walking distance.

Are you older than 50? I think you are. What advice would you give to someone transitioning to older age? If I had a financial cushion it would be much easier - but let us think positive. I'm at a point where I either concentrate on my business, which i am having doubts about my abilities, or getting a stable career. I am close to 50 wish I was 30, just to do things differently. Of course everyone can say that.