Sylwester's complaints about P&M moderation

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Sylwester Kornowski, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Who are you again? :m:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wlminex Banned Banned

My observations . . .

James R:

As I plan for my departure from Sciforum, I thought you might be interested in a few of my observtions:

1. Contrary to my high hopes and expectations for your forum, I have been greatly disappointed in it and the promise that I anticipated for exchanging scientific ideas.

2. The Sciforum moderators, and some administrators, seem bent on preserving their own belief systems and preserving their petty egos to the detriment of science and by not honoring an honest and meaningful exchange of new ideas that may not conform with mainstream ideas. Members seem to be continually harangued, belittled, insulted, and chided by moderators (and some other members) for their honest and meaningful attempts to contribute original, innovative, and creative thinking.

3. I have come to the conclusion that Sciforum has become adulterated and trivialized by the behavior of the moderators and their permitting of similar member behavior. Professional degradation should NOT be allowed by moderators or members, and profanity and demeaning posts should be immediately deleted, or dealt-with harshly by administrators.

I'm sure that the original intent of Sciforum was to foster an honest and beneficial exchange of ideas that would benefit the scientific community; but the forum has degraded into an unprofessional mish-mash of self-promoting 'talking-heads' that serve to be the antithesis of an otherwise original honorable intent.

I will certainly NOT recommend Sciforum to colleagues as an objective forum for advancing new knowledge in the quest for scientific truths.

Thanks for your efforts and for reading my comments.

William L. Mansker, Ph.D.
    wlminex

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

At this point, this is just spam.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

You have never presented anything which gets even close to being viable science. Your own hypotheses have been nonsense. However, you were given a platform to talk about it. Instead you sent PMs and left visitor messages on multiple moderator's accounts whining about how you're supposedly being singled out or treated differently, when you weren't.

Now, rather than sending your grevences to James R via a PM (you do, after all, name him specifically) you're spamming your whining in multiple threads.

As I said in another thread, if you weren't using a picture of an old person (which I assume is you) and you claimed to have a PhD (which I'm dubious about) I'd think you were about 13. You whine, you complain, you think you're being singled out, you can't engage in rational mature discussion.

And part of having an honest exchange of ideas is accepting when you're mistaken. You, like all the hacks, don't want to hear you are wrong. You don't want to hear you have nothing scientific to say, that your claims are unscientific.

You're the guy who complained in multiple places when his self advertising was moved. MOVED, not deleted. You were given a platform to discuss your work, no one wanted to. Likewise with Sylwester. You don't see Prometheus advertising his work. Nor me. And we both have published peer reviewed research relevant to the forum.

You aren't being silenced, you were given a soap box and no one cared. Take it like a man, not a whiny child.

Oh no, what ever will we do

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If they are as scientific as you there's no loss to the forum.

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Hey Sylwester, you have to have at least 100 posts before you can complain about moderation.

Just saying...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!