Tattoos...Why

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Spud Emperor, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Holy frijole, there seems to me to be a massive preponderous of really shithouse tattoos on display these days.

Young girls with hideous handlebar jobs across their already alarmingly broadening hips; culturally innappropriate inks which cry out "loser".

There seem to be so many tattoos which are completely faddish and have next to zero chance of looking anything but ridiculous in less than half a decade if not already.

What prompts you to get a bad tatt, what makes a good one?

Who's got 'em?
    Why?

Thoughts..designs,..anybody?

p.s I live in Australia and the youth are not exactly setting the world on fire with their good taste or worldliness. Maybe I'm just exposed to World's worst practice.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Ah the youth, always looking for some way to revive and sometimes ruin old styles... Aren't tattoos reminiscent of the 80s ?

Yeah. You would do better to have a chip of the berlin wall as a paperweight.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

I don't have tatoo's because I know it causes skin cancer and decreases my absorption of vitamin D through skin as well as depletes the skin to cycle out chemicals properly out of the system. Besides it being unhealthy, I have a lot of imagination and one picture on my body for more than a day would bore me to death.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Wonder if we can create nano tattoos which change over time.. (accommodating skin)

8. draqon Banned Banned

camouflage, in-skin injected nano photoreceptive lcd-like screen using thermal energy from body to power itself

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i have tattoos and do not regret one of them, i love them all, and hoping for more, lots more, i have:

a chinese symbol that means, "unique" and it does mean that i had i confirmed before i had it done.

My name i the langauge of the elves on my ankle

A celtic band which is just so beautiful

a celtic back band

a lord of the rings insignia (on my upper back)

a welsh dragon on my ankle (because i am welsh)

a heart where my heart is

and also i want a tattoo that will take 3 days to do. (but i ahve to wait)

and why did i have them done, why not?? it wasnt somthing that i rushed into to, i was 30yrs old before i had my first one, and to be totally honest i love then pain that comes with them being done.

10. draqon Banned Banned

...sadomasochist?

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

nope not at all, i just love the pain of the needles, but i hate and i meen HATE having injections, i hate when i hurt myself but there is somthing peacefull about a tattooist gun!

12. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

That appears to be part of the deal or something that tatt owners wish to portray- an element of toughness..fark not me..how much pain do you need to suffer in the average lifetime?

* apologises to draq for unnecessary profanity*

13. draqon Banned Banned

riiight...

I am not a sadomasochist I just like the peace of the gun and pain of the needles. right on

14. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

FFS i do not like pain that for example toothache brings, i just think there is somthing about tattoo guns, they sound great and the smell is brillaint

15. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

well, many people dont understand why i ahve them, i didnt expect you to either

16. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

L.A if your daughter was about to get a tatt at the age of say sixteen, what advice if any would you give her?

17. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i would say. Tash, my love if you have a tattoo done the tattooist is actually assaulting you, because you ahev to be 18yrs, and if you lie about your age and loose him his license, you would be gutted"

OR:

If you really have to have a tattoo done please will you wait until you are 18yrs?

18. draqon Banned Banned

what if tush is a rebellious teenager...blood boils in her when she is limited her freedom of expression and oh Mama Mia* here comes trouble

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

TASH!! NOT TUSH!!!

she is a sensible child, she knows not to do anything stupid.

and anyway if she really must have a tattoo doen i will promise her that i will take her when she is 18yrs, like is already planned, we're having one doen together

20. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

A big heart with an arrow through it and Mum...ohhhh!

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

nope, actually she wants a dolphin swimming around her ankle, and me well, i dont knwo yet, i have 4 years to think it over.

22. Bells Staff Member

Bleh...

I like my art on my walls. Strange, I know. But the thought of someone using a needle attached to some sort of gun to slowly and painfully inject permanent ink under my skin is what I would consider fun or an art form.

Then when you consider that when you age, put on weight or lose weight, the skin does stretch and sag. That once sexy tattoo can end up looking like a strangely misshapen horror.. .. Imagine how sexy that tattoo will look when you're 70 or 80... *Shudders*

23. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Yep, that once small butterfly on your upper back will soon look like a moth around your ass.