Teach "Evolution," Not Darwinian Evolution

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Nov 28, 2006.

1. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey Michael, what would you say to the Creator if you met Him?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord_Tigersloth Registered Senior Member

I am not sure it is wholly relevant or even true, but I was reading about irreducibly complex machines a while ago which seem to be slightly out of the scope of evolution?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Some forms of goo evolve, others do not.

A wistful wave of the magical hand of a creator holds far more credence to the unevolved goo.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

"irreducible complexity" is an ID fantasy (actually a techy-sounding bit of BS) designed to impress people who are ignorant of thermodynamics, probability, and the fundamental mechanisim of biological evolution - natural selection. It states that you somehow need all of the parts already in place for, say, a cell to function. If you remove any part the cell is kaput. Obvious, huh? Well, this is completely ignorant of the concept of modification and accretion of function based on previously existing structures. Pretty dumb, huh?

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

No wonder you're a moderator.

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Can I answer? Ok.

1) This presupposes the existence of a "creator" which is the favorite stupidity of theists in general - presupposing the conclusion.

2) If there was a "creator" who was responsible for this mess, I'd ask him why he fucked things up so badly and would he mind if I popped a cap in his creator ass.

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

"Accretion of function," where do you guys get this stuff?

11. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Your arms aren't as long as God's, dream on.

12. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Oh, I don't know... books and papers on evolutionary biology?

So, instead of continuing your ignorance crusade, why don't you explain why the "accretion of function" by natural selection is wrong? Go ahead. Give it a whirl, genius.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I suppose we are to get on our knees and ask if we can lick his balls?

14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Let's see your definition of "accretion of function." (This oughta be good.)

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Hmmmm….

Dear God,
    Why did you make a World where Iraqi parents are helpless to stop their innocent child from being raped by US Solders? A World where they are tied-down sobbing because they know what is going to happen and must endure these last few minutes of their lives before being shot through the head, side-by-side listening to the screams of their little child being gang raped.

As you are purportedly something that can do ANYTHING you could, with ease, have created a World where the inhabitants still retain that exact freewill that they do now ONLY in this World such Evil could never be perpetrated. You did say you could do ANYTHING am I correct? Yes, Good.

So it is agreed had you wanted to, you could have created a World where everyone would have the prerequisite freewill yet such a heinous Evil would be impossibility. Sort of like I have freewill but I can not flap my arms and fly.
    Easy peasy for you.

So we agree that you have the power to make such a World but you chose not to make such a World. You instead choose to make a World where innocent children are raped and murdered instead. My suspicions are that you must be one sick an evil entity to act as such. I truly hope that as you are reborn into the Karma cycle, that one day, you may reach enlightenment and come to see how such actions were, and are, truly wicked.

Second of all, could you quickly make a round square for me. I’ve always wanted to see that little trick.

Oh, and could you also do one more thing:

Please make a Universe not made by you – that’s the one I’d like to live in.

Cheers,
    Michael

16. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Asswipe. Read a book. If you can. Why don't you answer my question first? You're the one denying it as idiocy. Why do you think something you know nothing about is rediculous?

And the term "accretion of function" is self explanatory to an 8th grader.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

As far as I can determine, the only thing that's really fucked up is ....MAN! Everything else, plants and animals, seem to work out just fine. Maybe god just had one too many mint juleps that day, huh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The Creator being "reborn into the cosmic cycle," oh brother.

Michael, you seem to not have read the Bible, your answers are there regarding why things are as they are in the world as it is, but things will change, and this hasn't been going on for millions and billions of years, His patience and purposes for the world as we know it will not last forever, go read your Bible, if you have one, there are the answers to that which perplexes you.

19. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Right you are. If there's beauty in the universe, we'll find a way to slap an ad on it and fuck it up.

20. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Oh, like goo supposedly "accretes function" to morph into a bull moose? Got it.

So a tree shrew sometimes accretes functions to become a monkey, and fish will sometimes accrete functions to become mountain lions, hey, this is kinda' fun, a little sci fi, but kinda' fun!!!!

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Why do we have toes? Or an appendix? Please give me some chapter and verse on this.

22. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

You really are kinda stupid aren't you? I apologize for engaging you in adult conversation. I will try to use litte words for you from now on. Ok? Good boy.

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Nice things like cells take millions or billions of years (that's "a lot" for you) to develop. Followed by millions more years to gradually add neat things via genetic variation and natural selection (look them up if you don't understand the terms). No, tree shrews never just become monkeys. Sorry. They may, over eons, diverge from tree shrews and develop into something that resembles a monkey, but only if the environment selects for traits that drive such an "evolution" (look that up too).